Potential purchase 1st Mustang

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
hey everyone, first post here. Looking for a Bullitt. Found one locally and would like to know your thoughts. Price is just under $40k 49,595mi it’s a 2019
CARFAX does show an accident
Accident reported: moderate damage

Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision with another motor vehicle

On 11/22/2022, This vehicle was in a rear end collision, damage to the rear and the front moderately on the scale! No air bags deployed and everything was fixed by insurance! We did not do any work to fix it we got it pretty much fixed and good to go!

Does anyone have a way to decode the vin
1FA6P8K0XK5506738

thx
Dom

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Personally I avoid accident cars if I can, especially if the Carfax says moderate damage. I’m sure it’s fixed fine but I’m always leery of it. Bullitt’s are harder to come by for sure but there’s usually enough clean examples out there to choose from.

Also, it’s Procharged so it’s tuned. Does it come with the tuning device and do they know who tuned it? And is the stock tune on the device in case you ever need it?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That price seems high for a Bullitt with almost 50K miles. I know if has a supercharger, but it might be best to pass on that. I’d suggest looking for one with no prior accident history and add your own supercharger if the extra power is that appealing to you.

FYI, I bought my 2019 brand new in 2020 for $47.5K with 34 miles on the odometer.

Not sure if this one is available, but if it is, this is the way to go. It’s about 8+ hours away from you, but it would make for a nice drive back to get acclimated with it.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...&trimCode=MUST|Bullitt&clickType=supplemental

Skm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt (Highland Green)
That price seems high for a Bullitt with almost 50K miles. I know if has a supercharger, but it might be best to pass on that. I’d suggest looking for one with no prior accident history and add your own supercharger if the extra power is that appealing to you.

FYI, I bought my 2019 brand new in 2020 for $47.5K with 34 miles on the odometer.

Not sure if this one is available, but if it is, this is the way to go. It’s about 8+ hours away from you, but it would make for a nice drive back to get acclimated with it.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/713097099?listingType=USED&makeCode=FORD&modelCode=MUST&newSearch=true&numRecords=25&referrer=/cars-for-sale/ford/mustang/bullitt/raleigh-nc&sortBy=relevance&trimCode=MUST|Bullitt&clickType=supplemental
That is a good price. The dealership I brought mine from is offering me $34750 trade in with around the same milage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Personally I avoid accident cars if I can, especially if the Carfax says moderate damage. I’m sure it’s fixed fine but I’m always leery of it. Bullitt’s are harder to come by for sure but there’s usually enough clean examples out there to choose from.

Also, it’s Procharged so it’s tuned. Does it come with the tuning device and do they know who tuned it? And is the stock tune on the device in case you ever need it?
Typically I do as well, but the procharger is very interesting. Good questions about the tuning device. I see what the dealer knows. If they don't have anything how hard is that stuff to come by? Or does that depend on who did the tune?

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/713097099?listingType=USED&makeCode=FORD&modelCode=MUST&newSearch=true&numRecords=25&referrer=/cars-for-sale/ford/mustang/bullitt/raleigh-nc&sortBy=relevance&trimCode=MUST|Bullitt&clickType=supplemental
yeah that wouldn't be a bad drive for sure.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Typically I do as well, but the procharger is very interesting. Good questions about the tuning device. I see what the dealer knows. If they don't have anything how hard is that stuff to come by? Or does that depend on who did the tune?
Will somewhat depend on who did the tune, but some tunes work on multiple devices. It’s really more about knowing who did it and having that tune available should there be any issues down the road. The original device should also have the stock tune, good to have if you need to revert back to square one.

At the end of the day it all depends on what you want, what you can live with and how far away you’re willing to go. Looks like there were some nice, low mileage no accident cars in one of the links posted above. May be worth a drive or flight. Can also arrange for a 3rd party inspection and do the deal remotely and have it shipped to you. And, you can always add the Procharger later and they’re fairly inexpensive relative to a Whipple.

There’s been a couple stories here of folks buying tuned cars (either with or without their prior knowledge) only to have it cause some issues that took time and money to fix. I personally would prefer to start with a blank canvas that way I would know who tuned it, what device it’s on, etc. Just my $0.02

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

@DFERA Welcome to the group OP!
I definitely think a Bullitt is a great choice to jump in but MAGS1 brings up a good point that it is always best to avoid accident and tuned vehicles... that being said I took the VIN for that Bullitt you are looking at and your BlackBook values are listed below for North Carolina and that mileage. I would say if you want that car definitely negotiate on that vehicle pricing as it is pretty high.

1717702005297-il.png

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
@Crew4991 - Can you see if this car has the Magnaride option? They were supposed to get back to me but it's been a few hours.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
@DFERA Welcome to the group OP!
I definitely think a Bullitt is a great choice to jump in but MAGS1 brings up a good point that it is always best to avoid accident and tuned vehicles... that being said I took the VIN for that Bullitt you are looking at and your BlackBook values are listed below for North Carolina and that mileage. I would say if you want that car definitely negotiate on that vehicle pricing as it is pretty high.

1717702005297-il.png
Looks to me like the dealer is trying to get some extra for the Procharger.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
@Crew4991 - Can you see if this car has the Magnaride option? They were supposed to get back to me but it's been a few hours.
I thought all the Bullitt’s got Magride but could be wrong

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I thought all the Bullitt’s got Magride but could be wrong
I am pretty sure that is right - I think* they all got it on the Bullitt.

The way to confirm this OP is to look at the window sticker for the car.

Either ask your dealer for the window sticker or the Carfax for the car (the Carfax will have a copy of the Ford window sticker as well on it) and see if it is listed in the description or in the options. That will be the easiest way.

Does the car you are looking at have a listing we can check out?
Like one from the dealer website or autotrader?

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
yeah I thought they all came with magnaride as well until I googled it. I'm willing to bet tho almost all checked that box tho
Sponsored