Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I avoid accident cars if I can
price seems high for a Bullitt with almost 50K miles
Good questions about the tuning device.
Hello; Do a search on here for threads about buyers of used cars with a tune. For some buyers the cars wound up being expensive to get right. The only tunes declared acceptable by many was a factory Ford type tune.
Next best take i got from reading these threads is to get all the "stuff" which goes with an aftermarket tune. By stuff I cannot list what that ought to be, but gather there ought to be software+ maybe hardware specific to the tune.

I passed on a used Bullitt a few years ago for less money and only 5K miles when i found it had been wrecked. looked good and only found out about the wreck on the Carfax report.

I have not been shopping hard the last couple of years. I have tested the waters a few times tho. The crazy asking prices at dealers are fading away. Too many folks are upside down or too deep into debt, so sales are down. Not yet clear to me it is a buyers market overall but some good deals can be had.
You got a good suggestion from a member about the BLACKBOOK price a few posts ago. Once you buy the car it is worth no more than the low trade in price from that post. Maybe not even that I suspect the market will keep adjusting down. Guess I am suggesting you offer a lowball number and be prepared to walk away. They likely will let you walk but do not be too surprised if you get a call back. If the car is lost to you at least you will not be so upside down.
As others have noted there are other similar cars around to be had.

good luck
Sponsored

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
I wouldn't do it. you don't know how much real damage has been done to that car. and the price seems really high for a 5 year old mustang with 40k miles+. IMO, better to shop around and find something that at least isn't wrecked.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
C8 is locked down also (some have claimed to crack it though). Seems to me manufacturers are moving this direction, I’m assuming mostly due to EPA regulations. I really think it all depends on what this fully networked vehicle thing means, what systems talk to what, etc. In theory, the car can say it’s been tampered with and certain things could shut down. But I don’t think anyone really knows what is connected to what yet. Whipple has been given the keys to the ECU for their supercharger kit, I’m sure it cost them a pretty penny for it.

If you want more tuning options, S550 is the way to go for now. Remains to be seen when/if S650 gets cracked
C8 was cracked about a year ago.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’d be leery of buying a modern muscle car with no idea who tuned it, no tuning dongle or device, what tune it had, and the fact that it is supercharged…. You have no idea how the last owner maintained it or abused it - plus it has accident history.

Some people don’t care about accident history when buying a car, but you as an owner have to be concerned about it if you ever intend to resell because the next buyer will question it… and you’re not going to get $40k+ like the Dealer is asking when trying to sell it private party OR when trading it in to another Dealer.

IMO, that Dealer is trying to unload it - albeit their price is still high for what you can get with much lower miles, no accident history, no “unknown time”, and better condition.

Put it this way, you don’t put on a supercharger to go grocery shopping….

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Some people don’t care about accident history when buying a car, but you as an owner have to be concerned about it if you ever intend to resell because the next buyer will question it…
Hello; looked at an ad on Facebook Marketplace couple days ago. Fellow listed a late model Corvette, 2019 I think. Not a lot of miles. In the 30 thousands maybe. Looked good in the pictures.
Said his price was firm. Said he had intended to keep the car forever or some such but had only had it a short time and things had changed. So, it was interesting up to the part about having a rebuilt RED KY title.

When I was young I was only concerned with trying to get a few vehicles. I got lucky in that I did not have the wherewithal and dealers sent me away. I realized years later I would have stepped in it big time on at last three of those vehicles. I did step it in on a couple and learned a lesson or few. I now am much too careful when I shop. The pendulum has swung too much the other way.

MOLL420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moll
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stay away grab one with zero accidents and get your own tune..E85 or bust ;)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Price is just under $40k 49,595mi it’s a 2019
You could buy them new for 43-47k on 53k sticker. That is a frightfully bad deal. That car should be WELL under 30k.

Without pedigree a supercharger is an instant 10k discount.

There are dozens of mach1 that are basically new for smidge more money.

Last edited: