OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Being single certainly helps. <smile> But geeze, that's a lot of towel washing!

So here's the question, D. About how many rinseless washes do you do on your own vehicles per year?

Learned yet another factoid, I didn't know that washer fluid was the enemy of coatings? What's the chemical culprit? Ethanol, pH?

But I can see where a rig like this would eliminate all the damn pumping. If memory serves, the first time I tried the iK sprayer just on the wheels, I think I pumped that thing like ten times! Threw it in the trash.

But, I can definitely see where one of these battery-powered rigs would easily handle the job of rinseless application. However, it's yet another battery to deal with. I'm thinking a rig with a Shrader valve would be my choice.
Excessive towel washing? Wouldn't know anything about that...................................

k88888.jpg

As for my rinse-less to soap washing ratio, I would say its 80% soap and 20% rinse-less. But that's just preference and the fact I have a wall mount pressure washer set to go at a moment's notice. Also, I REALLY like foam! :giggle: Rinse-less for me is great for winter when its just nicer to have a bucket of warm rinse-less wash and working in the garage than out in the rain/cold wind ect.

Windscreen washer additives are very harsh to get a tough job done. You will always get some splatter onto your paint as well, often not rinsed off so it dries on the paint. Glass coatings also seem to be quite fragile, so using a washer additive will only speed up the decline. Most would be on the alkaline side, Sonax's version sits at 9.0 - 10.0, and also noticed ethanol being in the formula.

As for pump action sprayers, I hear you! I use these more in my professional life in horticulture and I hate the things. If you thought the iK was tiresome, just imagine what a pain the cheaper ones are like. And even then, the good quality ones are a pain to deal with, leaks, not holding pressure, not pressuring to begin with, no flow...........................................I've basically gone to battery power for horticultural spraying now, mainly from Solo.

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg

Both of those are not pressurized sprayers, rather they pump liquid from the cannister. This delivers more consistent flow.

As for foaming rinse-less, as far as I know, there are two products that can be used in this way, DIY and AMMO Frothe. However, trying to mop up foam with a towel would be a pain in the ass. Larry is super particular, so I guess there is something in it.

AMMO FROTHé Hoseless Lift & Wash (CONCENTRATE) – AMMONYC

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Excessive towel washing? Wouldn't know anything about that...................................
That looks about like my house, I don't have one of those fancy drying racks though, I just have them scattered all over the house :). I do admit rinseless does use less towels. I only have a couple when I am done (sponge user here), a drying towel or 3 and maybe one or two for the interior and/or glass...

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That looks about like my house, I don't have one of those fancy drying racks though, I just have them scattered all over the house :). I do admit rinseless does use less towels. I only have a couple when I am done (sponge user here), a drying towel or 3 and maybe one or two for the interior and/or glass...
Nothing fancy about the drying rack, but well worth having.
Amazon.com : clothes drying rack

Just don't buy one like below, they are pain in the butt -
Amazon.com: Amazon Basics Foldable Laundry Rack for Air Drying Clothing, 29.4 x 14.8 x 41.9 inches (LxWxH), Chrome Silver : Everything Else

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Nice, 44 bones isn't too bad, will put on my "to buy" list :) Dammit, I am buying stuff again LOL. I just dropped a load on Shine Supply and ADS website yesterday. I can't resist new shiny toys....

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
At the moment, I'm actually running down to a core group that I genuinely look forward to use including Carpro Reset/Descale/Lift, KCx GSF, NV Snow, Shine Supply Shift, Megs Hyper Wash, Bilt Hamber Touchless.
Same here, I love the Reset/Lift/Descale combo. I also have the GSF/AF/RS combo. The RS is VERY strong though, much stronger than Descale. I also love the NV Snow/Snow+ combo. I really am looking forward to trying Shift, I will use next wash, the coconut smell I love, much like Absolute. That is my favorite thing about Absolute plus the slickness and versatility... M Wash is another one I recently acquired and love it, so slick. The Gyeon Bathe/Foam is the combo I will not restock however. Good products but like you said there are other favorites :)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Same here, I love the Reset/Lift/Descale combo. I also have the GSF/AF/RS combo. The RS is VERY strong though, much stronger than Descale. I also love the NV Snow/Snow+ combo. I really am looking forward to trying Shift, I will use next wash, the coconut smell I love, much like Absolute. That is my favorite thing about Absolute plus the slickness and versatility... M Wash is another one I recently acquired and love it, so slick. The Gyeon Bathe/Foam is the combo I will not restock however. Good products but like you said there are other favorites :)
Because Shift is foamed, it intensifies the coconut-lime fragrance when compared to Absolute. I actually bought Shift as an afterthought and ended up being pleasantly surprised.

I actually forgot to include M-Wash in my previous post, it's such a delightful product to use. Scent, check. Foamability, check. Slickness, check. Cleaning ability, check. It's only drawback is the cost, but you definitely get what you pay for with M-Wash.

I actually just gave away 3/4 of a bottle of Bathe. Not because it's a bad product, just that I like others better. And yeah, I won't replace it, or Q2M Foam. In recent times, a basic selection of the Gyeon line has become available in a large automotive chain store in Australia, which in turn opens the brand up to those who don't like shopping online. As such, I tend to recommend Bathe as being the best readily available soap on the market.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Because Shift is foamed, it intensifies the coconut-lime fragrance when compared to Absolute. I actually bought Shift as an afterthought and ended up being pleasantly surprised.

I actually forgot to include M-Wash in my previous post, it's such a delightful product to use. Scent, check. Foamability, check. Slickness, check. Cleaning ability, check. It's only drawback is the cost, but you definitely get what you pay for with M-Wash.

I actually just gave away 3/4 of a bottle of Bathe. Not because it's a bad product, just that I like others better. And yeah, I won't replace it, or Q2M Foam. In recent times, a basic selection of the Gyeon line has become available in a large automotive chain store in Australia, which in turn opens the brand up to those who don't like shopping online. As such, I tend to recommend Bathe as being the best readily available soap on the market.
True I do like Bathe. And foam isn't bad but you have to mix 5:1 to get "Foam".. Off the shelf I recommend Adam's blue soap. It's ironically available at the local Lowes home improvement store here. Blue soap for a blue store. They have quite a selection of Adam's products, plus CG too. Ugh.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
This guy is my spirit animal LOL. Although he says Rinseless is "Better" than traditional soap and water wash (I don't necessarily agree with that, I still LOVE to do a nice foam party LOL :) ), I do pretty much use his exact process and tools down to the chemical he is using (RRW). I do have a Liquid8r towel, but much prefer the Gauntlet.. And he does it in pure sunlight, I do as well, the polymer spots do wipe off very easy.. Very good video...

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I'm shocked more people don't use the multiple towels/gerry dean method.

makes sense
Towels are cheap
No contaminates on the car

I have nice towels for light cleaning
I have some shitty ones for the dirtier bottom regions.

I use maybe 6 towels and a free mitt 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
True I do like Bathe. And foam isn't bad but you have to mix 5:1 to get "Foam".. Off the shelf I recommend Adam's blue soap. It's ironically available at the local Lowes home improvement store here. Blue soap for a blue store. They have quite a selection of Adam's products, plus CG too. Ugh.
I find myself recommending Adam's a lot for those in the USA, but the brand is only sold via one online retailer in Australia and the pricing ranges from steep to completely ridiculous. $179 for a gallon of tire cleaner is beyond a joke.

I'm usually quick to recommend the blue Adam's Car Shampoo, it's amazing value for money in the USA.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I find myself recommending Adam's a lot for those in the USA, but the brand is only sold via one online retailer in Australia and the pricing ranges from steep to completely ridiculous. $179 for a gallon of tire cleaner is beyond a joke.

I'm usually quick to recommend the blue Adam's Car Shampoo, it's amazing value for money in the USA.
Yes, I agree, it is so strange how the market works around the world. Things that are so simple for us to get here are difficult for you and vice versa. I know NV is virtually un heard of here, however it isn't hard to get online and not that expensive relative to others. I really hope you can get access to ADS soon though, I am thoroughly impressed with everything I have used of theirs so far. I went to a evening Cars and Coffee yesterday and got in a little shower right as I arrived. I used their Adapt Waterless wash to touch up the spots and clean the carbon off my rear end that inevitably shows up after even a short drive. Amazing stuff, and smells awesome :) And I agree with you on the M wash, I love it but it is expensive relative to other good ones, still didn't stop me buying a second bottle LOL..
Sponsored