Sponsored

New Mustang Dash Board delaminating?? Dashboard pimples?? Under Warranty?? 2023 MACH 1

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hey Bruce, good morning, yes, actually located in Miami. However, I’m not sure what could have caused this since the car has been in the sun maybe 5 hours total for a few cars and coffee events. But I rarely use the car during the day much. And it lives in a garage, that’s why I was so confused as to how this could happen since it seems like result of heat/sun damage
I would assume the car sat outside in Flatrock and at the dealer.
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
This is a case where you shouldn't go looking for problems with a magnifying glass imo.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This is a case where you shouldn't go looking for problems with a magnifying glass imo.
It's very minor, and I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it. But at the same time I don't blame him for being a little bothered by it. I certainly don't think he's "looking for problems" by noticing it.

Sas8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Dealer will make it worse. That's all they know how to do. I have a 22 GT with the exact same bubble as your first pic. I'm in TX and the car is black on black and has been through 1 summer. It's still there so heat won't help. I'm sorry I don't have a good answer but we at least we aren't the only ones?

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
It's very minor, and I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it. But at the same time I don't blame him for being a little bothered by it. I certainly don't think he's "looking for problems" by noticing it.
yeah, definitely not. And I’ve decided to not take it in for this. Just sucks that I pay 60k for a car, and then baby the heck out of it to preserve it for the long term. But always something 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
yeah, definitely not. And I’ve decided to not take it in for this. Just sucks that I pay 60k for a car, and then baby the heck out of it to preserve it for the long term. But always something 🤷‍♂️
You will probably still be disappointed if you buy a more expensive luxury car like a BMW or Mercedes too then. Although their interior quality is much better as expected they are not perfect either. I find noises and imperfections on some. I guess its the way it is with a mass produced car.

Quick search I found this LOL

1717444023813-z6.png

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
You will probably still be disappointed if you buy a more expensive luxury car like a BMW or Mercedes too then. Although their interior quality is much better as expected they are not perfect either. I find noises and imperfections on some. I guess its the way it is with a mass produced car.

Quick search I found this LOL

1717444023813-z6.png
Hahaha okay I feel much better about it. I’m satisfied to move on from this topic.

honestly ive never been meticulous historically speaking. I’ve done my share of “luxury”, I just traded my panamera in for a truck last year. And had a 997 911. That one I regret selling😭
I’ll say, of all “luxury” cars I’ve had, a couple being double the sticker of this Mach, the Mach finish does not feel too different. The Germans wrap more of the interior surfaces in leather…but it’s just to comfort you while you cry in your car and try to ignore all the electronic and mechanical issues you’ll encounter. 🤣

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hahaha okay I feel much better about it. I’m satisfied to move on from this topic.

honestly ive never been meticulous historically speaking. I’ve done my share of “luxury”, I just traded my panamera in for a truck last year. And had a 997 911. That one I regret selling😭
I’ll say, of all “luxury” cars I’ve had, a couple being double the sticker of this Mach, the Mach finish does not feel too different. The Germans wrap more of the interior surfaces in leather…but it’s just to comfort you while you cry in your car and try to ignore all the electronic and mechanical issues you’ll encounter. 🤣
LOL but I totally get you. I pulled my whole dash apart looking for a buzzing noise HAHAHA

I agree though I really like the interior on the Mach.

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
LOL but I totally get you. I pulled my whole dash apart looking for a buzzing noise HAHAHA

I agree though I really like the interior on the Mach.
Absolutely, putting aside the infotainment center being a little outdated, the actual finishes (up until I had these dash pimples) was pretty pristine and really feel nice and…luxury-ish haha

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Despite the appearance of stitching, keep in mind that the dashboard is a textured soft touch plastic and not leather/artificial leather (vinyl).

So, the use of a trim dressing such as 303 Protectant, Koch Chemie Top Star, Carpro Perl or the Turtle Wax pictured are actually the preferred products to use here. A leather conditioner won't do much in this situation.
Here in the States, lower trim level cars have plastic with simulated stitching, and premium trim cars have actual stitching holding the pieces of material together. The OP's is the latter.

Not sure what the material in question actually is on the higher trim cars. Mine has it since it has the premier trim option (red stitching that matches the seats), and now I'm paranoid to look at the dash for fear of bubbles..... :cwl:

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Here in the States, lower trim level cars have plastic with simulated stitching, and premium trim cars have actual stitching holding the pieces of material together. The OP's is the latter.

Not sure what the material in question actually is on the higher trim cars. Mine has it since it has the premier trim option (red stitching that matches the seats), and now I'm paranoid to look at the dash for fear of bubbles..... :cwl:
Don’t do it! Don’t look too closely. When you look down at your dash, just squint. Don’t risk it. 🤣
Sponsored