Sponsored

New BORLA XR-1® Tuner: Add 40HP to your 2015-2017 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost Instantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
While the simple answer to your question is yes, it’s really the strategy we employ to get it to that point that makes our product different…
We measure the characteristics of each application’s sensors and apply algorithms to modify the output signals that the ECU will receive in a manner that is not outside of its expected boundary conditions. We focus on making each XR-1® Tuner application specific and do extensive testing to make sure the algorithm provides safe sensor outputs to the ECU of each vehicle.
Comprehensive testing has involved using a Borla Exhaust system to extract maximum potential from the combination, which makes this product a great fit for those who already have a Borla Exhaust.
Lisa, I am about to install the catback MBRP Race Exhaust system. I am in favor of XR-1 over the Accessport V3. Any ideas on how XR-1 will behave with the MBRPs?
Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lisa, I am about to install the catback MBRP Race Exhaust system. I am in favor of XR-1 over the Accessport V3. Any ideas on how XR-1 will behave with the MBRPs?
If you're going to tune your car, do it right and get a custom tune from Tune+, LMS, Lund, Unleashed, Ford Pro Cal, etc... You'll get better power gains and it'll be safer than just upping boost.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Can I use this with a tune to get an extra 40 hp?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
If you're going to tune your car, do it right and get a custom tune from Tune+, LMS, Lund, Unleashed, Ford Pro Cal, etc... You'll get better power gains and it'll be safer than just upping boost.
Thanks for the advise. I am new to the idea of having my car tuned. I did a brief internet search on what you suggested and Ford ProCal seems the best approach. Apart from obtaining better power gains, you also maintain the car's warranty. I thought that tuning from Ford Performance was not offered yet for European Mustangs, but I was wrong. I will talk to a local Ford dealer to get additional info.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Thanks mtoo22. Actually getting additional boost is why I am doing all this modifications (aren't we all?). I am looking into which one of the two (Accessport V3 or XR-1) will provide the best results (better hp and torque) with the modifications I described.:confused:
You'll get by far the best results with the Accessport, you also have 99% less chance of blowing your engine then with the XR-1 and with the Accessport you'll get launch control, flat foot shifting, on the fly map-switching and a burnout button for free :thumbsup:

PS: you don't have to leave the Accessport plugged in all the time in the cabin at all. Just have to connect it to do the tune. Afterwords, you can just leave it at home. Most who have the Accessport plugged in all the time is just cause we like to monitor all kinds of parameters, not cause it has to be plugged in.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just say NO, unless you have no mechanical sympathy for your car.
But, if you are dense enough to get this product, be sure to get an intake vortex, pedalmax, slick50, and an electric turbocharger (yes).

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I really have yet to see any real evidence that these units cause blown engines. I have tried the boostmax. I have faith that the Pcm can manage the added boost especially if only adding 2 or 3 boost instead of the full amount. The Pcm is still not adding any extra timing or leaning out the afr and still monitors load. Actually the issue I had was that the Pcm did too good of a job and seemed to pull back other parameters and I really didn't notice much gains with no help up top. And don't count out the pedalmax that does a great job of adding significant power at part throttle daily driving. Although it does nothing for full throttle racing.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
I really have yet to see any real evidence that these units cause blown engines. I have tried the boostmax. I have faith that the Pcm can manage the added boost especially if only adding 2 or 3 boost instead of the full amount. The Pcm is still not adding any extra timing or leaning out the afr and still monitors load. Actually the issue I had was that the Pcm did too good of a job and seemed to pull back other parameters and I really didn't notice much gains with no help up top. And don't count out the pedalmax that does a great job of adding significant power at part throttle daily driving. Although it does nothing for full throttle racing.
The problem with above statement, is the ECU is getting tricked into thinking its boost is not yet up to max point, so it increases duty cycle on boost signal.
the unit is modifying the map sensor output and this can affect many values not just boost.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
How much for an e charger? Can it be used as a back up generator in times of need?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you think the pedal max is a good product, then go right ahead. Enjoy your delusion.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
PT barnum has a quote for some of you.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
If you think the pedal max is a good product, then go right ahead. Enjoy your delusion.
What makes you say it is not a good product. Im sure you have no problem with a custom tune modifying the throttle signal to be more aggressive. Im certainly not excited about the cost but finding a good used one for half price is the best performance mod I've done. It does add quite a bit more power at anygiven pedal position up until full throttle . So for everyday part throttle driving, the car is actually on par with the gt I drove. Full throttle is certainly a different story.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
All Pedalmax does is tell the your computer that 20% throttle is 40%. You could just.....go to 40% throttle and save yourself $500. It's snake oil, an illusion of more power.
Sport+ and Track mode have 1:1 throttle mapping. Base models are always in Sport+. So just push the gas pedal down more if you want to go faster.

If you like it, that's fine. But you need to understand how it works. Personally, if I want to go 70% throttle, I'll just push the pedal to 70%....

Oh yeah, I absolutely would have an issue with a tune messing with my throttle input signal. I drive this thing in the snow.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.