Need some Info

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350. 1991 mustang GT
Look through the GT350 Basics sticky - find the ‘adding transmission cooler’ threads.
Thanks for responding tank. I realize that is the long term solution. What about the short term? I fired it up and had ford flat bed it to the dealership today, and I could barely pull it up on the flat bed. It was obviously cooled down after sitting through the night. Got any insight?
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for responding tank. I realize that is the long term solution. What about the short term? I fired it up and had ford flat bed it to the dealership today, and I could barely pull it up on the flat bed. It was obviously cooled down after sitting through the night. Got any insight?
A sudden loss of power like you described which extends well past the cool down period suggests something other than limp mode.

Could be any number of things...

Have you checked the clutch fluid reservoir? There’s a not so well fitting hose that connects to it from the master cylinder which can become loose.

Good luck, please let us know what the dealer says.

Sponsored

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So, horrible news today...they pulled a code for the exhaust and it needed updated. They then took the car for a road test, lot of slippage on the clutch. Nothing for sure yet, but looks like the clutch is burned up. I bought the car 12/28/19, trailered it home from Atlanta and this was the first time I drove it in PA. I have put exactly 160 miles on it since I purchased it. . Not under warranty for the clutch, so this may be an out of pocket expense. Crazy too, because I had Haggans ford performance look it over prior to purchase.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yeah, the clutch is considered a wear item.
I don’t know the relationship w Haggins but can they help out at all? If that’s all it is, then it’s a pretty straightforward process to replace - make sure they replace the flywheel too..

Was there any warranty when you bought it? You know, a limited time and mileage type of thing? I would think something at least as long as you’ve owned it and the limited miles you put on it.

I don’t understand what you mean by exhaust codes? Something w the valves? In any case, definitely check the warranty laws in GA and contact the selling dealer.

Good Luck! Thanks for the update.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
So, horrible news today...they pulled a code for the exhaust and it needed updated. They then took the car for a road test, lot of slippage on the clutch. Nothing for sure yet, but looks like the clutch is burned up. I bought the car 12/28/19, trailered it home from Atlanta and this was the first time I drove it in PA. I have put exactly 160 miles on it since I purchased it. . Not under warranty for the clutch, so this may be an out of pocket expense. Crazy too, because I had Haggans ford performance look it over prior to purchase.
This is bad news for sure. How many miles were on the car before you bought it? Were the tires recently replaced before you bought it? If so, it might give you a clue the previous owner did not drive it as calmly as you might have hoped...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Attachments

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know the relationship w Haggins but can they help out at all? If that’s all it is, then it’s a pretty straightforward process to replace - make sure they replace the flywheel too..

Was there any warranty when you bought it? You know, a limited time and mileage type of thing? I would think something at least as long as you’ve owned it and the limited miles you put on it.

I don’t understand what you mean by exhaust codes? Something w the valves? In any case, definitely check the warranty laws in GA and contact the selling dealer.

If it’s not clutch related - I don’t if this may be the issue for engine hesitation or cut out with NO DTC’s present, but maybe run it by the Servicing Dealer.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tsb-19-2135-surge-or-hesitation.126435/

Also the “exhaust update” is most likely in reference to TSB 18-2290 (attached)

Sponsored

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
This is bad news for sure. How many miles were on the car before you bought it? Were the tires recently replaced before you bought it? If so, it might give you a clue the previous owner did not drive it as calmly as you might have hoped...
I bought the car with 8001 186 miles on it. It now has 8346. The guy from Ford performance told me the car was a nine out of 10, if not a 10 out of 10. He did say there was a slightly bit more where on the front driver side tire, Than the rest

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)

after taking in all the information I got today. Turns out once they pulled the transmission, the problem was one of the clutches of the double clutch system was worn out. The mechanic said the fly wheel was in perfect condition. I don’t think given the fact that the clutch is so light to begin with there would’ve been anyway for an inspector or myself to know that The clutch was on it’s last leg. When I negotiated the price, I got them down, which in turn they said they would not offer a warranty. I didn’t mind, because I had a piece of mind from Hagans and the low mileage of the car, and it was still under factory warranty that The clutch was on it’s last leg. When I negotiated the price, I got them down, which in turn they said they would not offer a warranty. I didn’t mind, because I had a piece of mine from Higgins and the low mileage of the car, and it was still under factory warranty. I believe he said the exhaust code for the valves, there was an update for it and I think the guy a couple of replies down from this reply pointed out the issue.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
after taking in all the information I got today. Turns out once they pulled the transmission, the problem was one of the clutches of the double clutch system was worn out. The mechanic said the fly wheel was in perfect condition. I don’t think given the fact that the clutch is so light to begin with there would’ve been anyway for an inspector or myself to know that The clutch was on it’s last leg. When I negotiated the price, I got them down, which in turn they said they would not offer a warranty. I didn’t mind, because I had a piece of mind from Hagans and the low mileage of the car, and it was still under factory warranty that The clutch was on it’s last leg. When I negotiated the price, I got them down, which in turn they said they would not offer a warranty. I didn’t mind, because I had a piece of mine from Higgins and the low mileage of the car, and it was still under factory warranty. I believe he said the exhaust code for the valves, there was an update for it and I think the guy a couple of replies down from this reply pointed out the issue.
Well, you’ll get a new clutch out of all of this. Good to start anew!
Sponsored