Sponsored

Need some Info

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
Hi Guys and Gals, I need some info if possible. I was looking at a 2016 GT350 at my local dealer and he said it was in the service dept for a problem. He said that when she hits high RPM,s she shuts down and goes into limp mode. It's been in the shop for about a week and the Techs have no idea why this happens and have to wait for a regional service tech to come look at it.

Ever hear of this happening and is it a common problem? He said if they can't fix it they won't retail sale it. It'll just go to auction as is.

Any input or ideas appreciated.
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys and Gals, I need some info if possible. I was looking at a 2016 GT350 at my local dealer and he said it was in the service dept for a problem. He said that when she hits high RPM,s she shuts down and goes into limp mode. It's been in the shop for about a week and the Techs have no idea why this happens and have to wait for a regional service tech to come look at it.

Ever hear of this happening and is it a common problem? He said if they can't fix it they won't retail sale it. It'll just go to auction as is.

Any input or ideas appreciated.
I haven't heard of that before.

Also, I would not buy that car if it's displaying an issue that they can't fix.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I've been on these forums a lot and never heard of that one. Many GT350's out there. Keep looking.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I had my GT350 Track Attack/FPRS GT350 cut fuel at 7500 RPM during the final session of the day. The wrench light also illuminated. An instructor wrote it up at the end of the session. He didn't seem surprised. I imagine it happens from time to time with those cars. Ford Performace will have insight for the techs.

OP
OP
Bronco2fan

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I'm still looking into this car and it's issue. The dealership is saying that it's some kind of rear issue. His words , Engineer says Rear end is out of whack, need to order a part or machine to assess or test the sync between the rear and driveshaft. I'm not up to speed on the GT 350 rears at all. Aren't they all just mechanical? No sensors in them?

Any input is appreciated. It's a beautiful DIB metallic with the over the top white stripe for 40K with 21k on the odometer. Every other one I've seen is asking like 48k or up.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Ok, so I'm still looking into this car and it's issue. The dealership is saying that it's some kind of rear issue. His words , Engineer says Rear end is out of whack, need to order a part or machine to assess or test the sync between the rear and driveshaft. I'm not up to speed on the GT 350 rears at all. Aren't they all just mechanical? No sensors in them?

Any input is appreciated. It's a beautiful DIB metallic with the over the top white stripe for 40K with 21k on the odometer. Every other one I've seen is asking like 48k or up.
all problems have resolutions. if you like it, and they fix it, then make it yours.

edit to add: a friend had a 2016 gt350 that went into limp mode like that from oil temps being too high after a hard run.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Odd price with that mileage. Have you had a chance to confirm that it's not a buy-back/lemon? Good deals are not unheard of, but generally you get what you pay for...

OP
OP
Bronco2fan

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's actually listed at 44K, but I round down, plus I never pay asking. I've had a long time dealing with this Sales manager, 5 fords so far lol. He always hates dealing with me, but loves seeing me because he knows I always pony up and buy.

I've asked for the Oasis report, but he says he wants to wait for the repairs to be done before he prints one, if it's repairable he says. In the meantime I'm trying to get as much knowledge as I can on the cars.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
all problems have resolutions. if you like it, and they fix it, then make it yours.

edit to add: a friend had a 2016 gt350 that went into limp mode like that from oil temps being too high after a hard run.
A 2016 Tech Pack most likely be the issue here- no transmission oil cooler so the trans fluid overheats.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
A 2016 Tech Pack most likely be the issue here- no transmission oil cooler so the trans fluid overheats.
Yes

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco2fan

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As it happens, the one I'm looking at is the Tech Pack. I understand they do have issues if pushed too hard because of over heating. You would think Ford racing would've remedy that before production. My only concern would be issues after the dealer says she's fixed and warrantied.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
As it happens, the one I'm looking at is the Tech Pack. I understand they do have issues if pushed too hard because of over heating. You would think Ford racing would've remedy that before production. My only concern would be issues after the dealer says she's fixed and warrantied.
Pleanty of info here to either swap out the transmission with the internal pump or adding aftermarket cooler and external pump. Search the forum. I also have some links in the ā€œ GT350 Basics...ā€ thread linked in my sig.

Rmdavies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350. 1991 mustang GT
I have a 16ā€™ tech pack, ran the hell out of it tonight and on my last run, I tried out the sport mode and as soon as I got on it, LIMP MODE! How do I fix it? No check engine, no wrench lights. Engine would rev, but I couldnā€™t go above 18 mph. HELP!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I have a 16ā€™ tech pack, ran the hell out of it tonight and on my last run, I tried out the sport mode and as soon as I got on it, LIMP MODE! How do I fix it? No check engine, no wrench lights. Engine would rev, but I couldnā€™t go above 18 mph. HELP!
Look through the GT350 Basics sticky - find the ā€˜adding transmission coolerā€™ threads.

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Odd price with that mileage. Have you had a chance to confirm that it's not a buy-back/lemon? Good deals are not unheard of, but generally you get what you pay for...
I got my 2016 track pack with 2k miles for 43k. No buy back or bad history. Just east cost during the winter prices.
Sponsored