Towing
Driving Record
Sponsored

15GTStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My rates went up $115 every six months with State Farm. I have my house, camera gear, another car and my boat through them to get the most discounts. I'm 31 and paying $616/6 months. I find the whole "get married and over 30 cheap insurance" saying not true. Oh, we all have sparkling clean records

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I currently drive a 2007 fusion and for a GT premium I'm only paying $40 more per month through USAA.
"Only $40 more"... dear lawd. It's crazy how much insurance rates vary for people.

I was paying $45/month total for comprehensive coverage ($500 deductible) with Geico in Texas since like 2010 to insure my 2007 Lexus IS350. Granted it was an older car than the GT will be by the time I switched to Geico, and it probably has a bit safer driving of a demographic, but still. $40 more would be double. I hope to god they don't try to charge me that much more.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those with Geico...are you all happy with them? What about if you have to file a claim of any kind? Do they approve OEM parts or make you use cheap stuff? What about their home owners insurance?

We have been with StateFarm for almost 20 years. Have our cars, home owners, boat (million dollar umbrella policy), etc with them. No issues thus far but curious of reviews with geico. Guess I will check rates. Curiosity has got the best of me.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I've heard from our Jag dealer that Progressive try's to use non oem parts or pushes their list of body shops vs the dealership's

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I have an insurance agency that looks for the cheapest rates for us every time renewal comes up. That said my 15' GT is allegedly going to be $30 more than my '12 GT which was $110 a month but I won't actually know until i see it.

my friend with his '12 GT pays $230 a month though with no accidents @ 27

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Those with Geico...are you all happy with them? What about if you have to file a claim of any kind? Do they approve OEM parts or make you use cheap stuff? What about their home owners insurance?

We have been with StateFarm for almost 20 years. Have our cars, home owners, boat (million dollar umbrella policy), etc with them. No issues thus far but curious of reviews with geico. Guess I will check rates. Curiosity has got the best of me.
I've had Geico for four years, and I love this company. Never thought I'd say that about any insurance company.

I've had two claims, and they handled both wonderfully, plus I'm paying an amazing price, AND their commercials are hilarious. No complaints thus far here.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I've had Geico for four years, and I love this company. Never thought I'd say that about any insurance company.

I've had two claims, and they handled both wonderfully, plus I'm paying an amazing price, AND their commercials are hilarious. No complaints thus far here.
Thanks!! Good to hear:headbang:

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
I currently have AAA in Michigan and will be paying $150/mo ($905 for 6 months) in Michigan and I'm 24. It's only a rise of approx $3/mo compared to my 2013 Fusion Titanium. Granted I'm getting the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium. Overall I'm happy it's not going up too much!

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium

I love Geico! I compared them with Esurance and Progressive. Geico had the better rate. I've been with Geico for 2 years. My insurance is only going up $13 per month going from a Hyundai Elantra to a 2015 Mustang GT. Progressive wouldn't even give me a better rate if I installed that car driving monitoring device. WHACK! :shrug:

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I was just quoted a more accurate quote by State farm.
'15 Mustang GT Premium
500$ deductible, 5150$ liability, comp and collision
105.45$ a month

Wife's '13 Mazda 6 full coverage, 500$ deductible
78.13 a month

My 2009 Honda CBR600RR full coverage, 500$ deduct.
34.63 a month

Home owners 1031$ a year.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Since I'm moving to California shortly after i get my car, i asked Geico for another quote. Basically, my premium would be almost the same either in Hawaii or in California. (479 for 6 months)

Threads
Reaction score
I really don't like threads like these. Everyone posts a premium amount with no consideration to the many variables that make up said premium. If this is to be an effective comparison thread there needs to be, at the very least, a cohesive format followed. I've been in the insurance business since I was 15 so I like to think I've learned a thing or two :lol:

At the very minimum these items need to be included with your premium to make a reasonable comparison:
Carrier
State
Comp/Collision Limits
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Major Medical Amount/PIP
Deductible

Additionally, there are couple optional coverage's to consider:
Accident Forgiveness (carries like Allstate charge an additional 10-13% premium for accident forgiveness)
Rental Car Reimbursement/Towing
Aftermarket Equipment Coverage
Accidental Death Coverage
GAP Insurance

And lastly you have discounts that people often overlook:
Pay in full discounts (usually 5% savings for most carriers)
Multi-line/Multi-car discounts (can be upwards of 10-12% savings depending on carrier and what lines you have)

There are, of course, additional considerations but nothing that I can think of on the spot that would have a drastic effect on premium. Car color, despite what people seem to think, is NOT relevant to determining a rate :shrug:
Sponsored