Sponsored

How to remove spray “coating “ build up

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Now for my secret weapon, I've been using P&S Dreammaker as my drying aid (I was using gyeon ceramic detailer) and found this as the better alternative. And then since I mentioned this if you search on the internet you can find the recipe to mix dream and bead maker together and that also supposedly helps with the issues of beadmaker 🫡
Strangely, I'm the opposit to that.

No matter what I tried, I just couldn't get Dream Maker to play well for me, I tried to love it but gave up in frustration. Then I tried the Bead Maker/Dream Maker blend (Clean Maker) and found the sweet spot between the two, easy on-easy off.
Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special

No matter what I tried, I just couldn't get Dream Maker to play well for me, I tried to love it but gave up in frustration. Then I tried the Bead Maker/Dream Maker blend (Clean Maker) and found the sweet spot between the two, easy on-easy off.
Wondering if this has to do with regional differences (I know your in the land down under) 🤔🤔🤔 because I've had zero issues with dreammaker in this capacity and in worst case scenario I just have to make a second pass with a dry microfiber (and this only happens when I have either too much water on the panel or so my drying towel becomes to over drenched to properly remove it).

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wondering if this has to do with regional differences (I know your in the land down under) 🤔🤔🤔 because I've had zero issues with dreammaker in this capacity and in worst case scenario I just have to make a second pass with a dry microfiber (and this only happens when I have either too much water on the panel or so my drying towel becomes to over drenched to properly remove it).
I'm not sure to be honest.

When the product was launched, much was made of Dream Maker being easier to apply than Bead Maker, so I was quite intrigued by it. I tried using less, using more, damp towel, directly onto the surface, directly into the towel, different types of towels......................................no matter what I tried, it was always a smeary mess.

On the flipside of that, I've heard of the complete opposite from other users, yourself included.

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
Is recommend going with a full detail wash as the starting point and check to see if gyeon pure isn't heavy clogged (carpro reset should help strip away everything but the ceramic coating).

Given you got ceramic on, I'd skip the bead maker (paint sealant on top of ceramic isn't helpful unless you are using it for a sacrificial layer and there are better alternatives within the gyeon line up).

I'd say just get a good bottle of pure waterless wash (p&s makes a decent one but if you search for waterless wash you can probably find more alternatives).
Also get the ceramic detailer for spot treatment.

Now for my secret weapon, I've been using P&S Dreammaker as my drying aid (I was using gyeon ceramic detailer) and found this as the better alternative. And then since I mentioned this if you search on the internet you can find the recipe to mix dream and bead maker together and that also supposedly helps with the issues of beadmaker 🫡
Dream maker is awesome on my Royal Crimson paint, it seems to be one of those product where less is more. I find if I spray too much it streaks and smears. Maybe I am doing it wrong lol

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Car pro tar x will remove the spray coating, spray car with it, let it dwell and wash it off, all that will be left is base ceramic.

Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Dream maker is awesome on my Royal Crimson paint, it seems to be one of those product where less is more. I find if I spray too much it streaks and smears. Maybe I am doing it wrong lol
That sounds about right, mirrors what I do. I generally find two sprays is enough on larger panels (exception being the hood where that needs about 3 sprays) I find fenders only really need one (front fenders, and front fascia/bumper). I got mischievous purple so not sure if the darker/more special looking colors play into it too 🤔.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I liked dream maker, I have tried a few products which is a lot of the reason I got too much buildup.
But the Dove wash seemed to help.
Adams slick and slide is my favorite so far.
I also like P&S paint Gloss, it's good for removing finger prints between washes

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Haven't
I liked dream maker, I have tried a few products which is a lot of the reason I got too much buildup.
But the Dove wash seemed to help.
Adams slick and slide is my favorite so far.
I also like P&S paint Gloss, it's good for removing finger prints between washes
I haven't tried Paint gloss. Slick and Slide is nice. You ought to try Armour detail Amplify. It's my new favorite at the moment. Very easy to apply, wipes clean very quickly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Haven't

tried Paint gloss. Slick and Slide is nice. You ought to try Armour detail Amplify. It's my. Re favorite at the moment.
Friend who bought the Armour Quartz also bought a bottle..I told him to get the prep spray but bought it by mistake.
Going to visit them in a few weeks and plan on trying it on his wifes new bronco sport

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've been using P&S Dreammaker as my drying aid
Tried it a couple times and was not a fan, Stephen for the same reasons @DFB5.0 mentioned.

..it seems to be one of those product where less is more.
I have come to the conclusion that your statement applies to most if not all the "paint product sprays," Scott. These days, I probably use half as much on a panel as I did in the past.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue

Same for me, Dream maker was not a dream to me, more like a nightmare. Terrible streaky, and the smell is very offputting to me. Beadmaker applies much easier, but attracts dust like a MF so I have abandoned it too. Have found better alternatives, ADS Amplify being the newest I love the most. Very easy to apply, no streaks and wipes clean very easily.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
I guess what is the end goal? Keeping slickness or beading? If it’s slickness, I’d move to a detail spray, something like Alex mentioned above. Adams Slick & Slick or their Detail Spray is very good. I use Ethos Car Care Finish Shine, mainly because my coating is also an Ethos coating. Just staying within the family of products. I do have Adams Detail Spray (pink stuff) and it plays nicely with my coating also. Doesn’t really enhance beading but they’re both super slick. Slick and Slide is also super slick as the name implies.

As far as beading, I don’t have much experience with Bead Maker, but in general toppers like that don’t need to be applied every wash or even every other wash. Some may only last a month or two, some may last as much as 12 months. All depends on a variety of conditions the car is exposed to during that time. I do mine twice a year, once in the spring and once right before winter. I daily mine, even in Chicago winters, so it’s exposed to a lot of crap. The topper has usually broken down about the time I apply a new layer.
Both I suppose. It's fine on the non-daily's that are all coated but I really like it even more on the wife's daily. I use it after every wash on the coated paint and coated PPF. So far it really helps with getting the bugs off much easier. I probably wash it every 2-3 weeks so buildup hasn't been an issue(yet)
Sponsored