How to remove spray “coating “ build up

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I think I over did it trying different stuff like bead maker and slick and slide.
looks ok but gets finger smudges very easily.
Base is gyeon Pure.
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Isopropyl mix, surface prep, dawn power wash, clay/synthetic clay.

I'd just plan a full detail and do both clay and surface prep personally.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Isopropyl mix, surface prep, dawn power wash, clay/synthetic clay.

I'd just plan a full detail and do both clay and surface prep personally.
Thanks might try a wash with dawn

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Thanks, still beads water like crazy but lost the " slick" feel. May use P&S paint correction the slick and slide and leave it alone :)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Stop putting products over your ceramic coat, IMO. Just let it do its job.
I'd do a wash with some APC cleaner mixed in with my regular car wash detergent. D101 or the like. Don't go nuts here you don't want to bleach or grey out your plastic and black trim. Afterwards a IPA wipedown. Failing this just wait a couple weeks or a few washes because those products don't last long at all.

I wouldn't ever clay a whole car unless i was going to polish it directly afterwards.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Stop putting products over your ceramic coat, IMO. Just let it do its job.
I'd do a wash with some APC cleaner mixed in with my regular car wash detergent. D101 or the like. Don't go nuts here you don't want to bleach or grey out your plastic and black trim. Afterwards a IPA wipedown. Failing this just wait a couple weeks or a few washes because those products don't last long at all.

I wouldn't ever clay a whole car unless i was going to polish it directly afterwards.
My gyeon pure brought out the red color but isn’t slick feeling. That’s why I was trying different toppers.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
How often are you guys doing bead maker over a ceramic?

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I used to use it after every wash. But stopped using it altogether. I use Adams Slick and Slide now as a drying aid. Just tryed Armour Detail Supply amplify today. It works great too and is Silica based so plays nice with ceramics.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I guess what is the end goal? Keeping slickness or beading? If it’s slickness, I’d move to a detail spray, something like Alex mentioned above. Adams Slick & Slick or their Detail Spray is very good. I use Ethos Car Care Finish Shine, mainly because my coating is also an Ethos coating. Just staying within the family of products. I do have Adams Detail Spray (pink stuff) and it plays nicely with my coating also. Doesn’t really enhance beading but they’re both super slick. Slick and Slide is also super slick as the name implies.

As far as beading, I don’t have much experience with Bead Maker, but in general toppers like that don’t need to be applied every wash or even every other wash. Some may only last a month or two, some may last as much as 12 months. All depends on a variety of conditions the car is exposed to during that time. I do mine twice a year, once in the spring and once right before winter. I daily mine, even in Chicago winters, so it’s exposed to a lot of crap. The topper has usually broken down about the time I apply a new layer.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I guess what is the end goal? Keeping slickness or beading? If it’s slickness, I’d move to a detail spray, something like Alex mentioned above. Adams Slick & Slick or their Detail Spray is very good. I use Ethos Car Care Finish Shine, mainly because my coating is also an Ethos coating. Just staying within the family of products. I do have Adams Detail Spray (pink stuff) and it plays nicely with my coating also. Doesn’t really enhance beading but they’re both super slick. Slick and Slide is also super slick as the name implies.

As far as beading, I don’t have much experience with Bead Maker, but in general toppers like that don’t need to be applied every wash or even every other wash. Some may only last a month or two, some may last as much as 12 months. All depends on a variety of conditions the car is exposed to during that time. I do mine twice a year, once in the spring and once right before winter. I daily mine, even in Chicago winters, so it’s exposed to a lot of crap. The topper has usually broken down about the time I apply a new layer.
For me bead maker caused more buildup then slick and slide. BUT bead maker did a great job on my wife’s 9 year old rogue that hasn’t had a lot of TLC over the years. It brought out a nice shine and seems to hold up well on a non coated car.
Slick and slide helps the shine without the buildup.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
For me bead maker caused more buildup then slick and slide. BUT bead maker did a great job on my wife’s 9 year old rogue that hasn’t had a lot of TLC over the years. It brought out a nice shine and seems to hold up well on a non coated car.
Slick and slide helps the shine without the buildup.
Is recommend going with a full detail wash as the starting point and check to see if gyeon pure isn't heavy clogged (carpro reset should help strip away everything but the ceramic coating).

Given you got ceramic on, I'd skip the bead maker (paint sealant on top of ceramic isn't helpful unless you are using it for a sacrificial layer and there are better alternatives within the gyeon line up).

I'd say just get a good bottle of pure waterless wash (p&s makes a decent one but if you search for waterless wash you can probably find more alternatives).
Also get the ceramic detailer for spot treatment.

Now for my secret weapon, I've been using P&S Dreammaker as my drying aid (I was using gyeon ceramic detailer) and found this as the better alternative. And then since I mentioned this if you search on the internet you can find the recipe to mix dream and bead maker together and that also supposedly helps with the issues of beadmaker 🫡

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Is recommend going with a full detail wash as the starting point and check to see if gyeon pure isn't heavy clogged (carpro reset should help strip away everything but the ceramic coating).

Given you got ceramic on, I'd skip the bead maker (paint sealant on top of ceramic isn't helpful unless you are using it for a sacrificial layer and there are better alternatives within the gyeon line up).

I'd say just get a good bottle of pure waterless wash (p&s makes a decent one but if you search for waterless wash you can probably find more alternatives).
Also get the ceramic detailer for spot treatment.

Now for my secret weapon, I've been using P&S Dreammaker as my drying aid (I was using gyeon ceramic detailer) and found this as the better alternative. And then since I mentioned this if you search on the internet you can find the recipe to mix dream and bead maker together and that also supposedly helps with the issues of beadmaker 🫡
Gyeon pure made my red car look great but isn't slick at all. Also used it on my sons blue accord.

I did a friends Black Challenger and was suggested to try Armour Quartz and have to admit I liked it better then the pure.
Sponsored