How much WHP on ID1050x?

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
You really spent money on two cheap fuel systems rather than buying Fore once. Sai Li was obviously going to run out of fuel, maybe the Lethal is better, but I know Fore is recommended for a reason.
You should be fine on 1050x for a while, but headroom is always preferable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ibeljics550

Ibeljics550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hasan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 S550 5.0 w/ ESS G3 Supercharger/ A10R80/ E85
You really spent money on two cheap fuel systems rather than buying Fore once. Sai Li was obviously going to run out of fuel, maybe the Lethal is better, but I know Fore is recommended for a reason.
You should be fine on 1050x for a while, but headroom is always preferable.
First of all I did not spend money on Sai Li, it was free as it was transferred over from my friends car that was parted out, second lethal performance fuel system isnā€™t cheap, I paid $3,450 for the triple pump set up, itā€™s very up to par with Fore. Fore is recommended because of its name and sponsorships with tuners/auto parts stores, that does not make it better than competition. Iā€™ve seen people make 1500+ on LP fuel system with right injector size. Yes Sai li was obviously going to tap out but I was happy at 800whp at the time until my car was safe for more. My priorities were getting a built 10r80, built motor and all the suspension and driveline fully built before I went with more power, which is what Iā€™m doing now. I appreciate your feedback though

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
First of all I did not spend money on Sai Li, it was free as it was transferred over from my friends car that was parted out, second lethal performance fuel system isnā€™t cheap, I paid $3,450 for the triple pump set up, itā€™s very up to par with Fore. Fore is recommended because of its name and sponsorships with tuners/auto parts stores, that does not make it better than competition. Iā€™ve seen people make 1500+ on LP fuel system with right injector size. Yes Sai li was obviously going to tap out but I was happy at 800whp at the time until my car was safe for more. My priorities were getting a built 10r80, built motor and all the suspension and driveline fully built before I went with more power, which is what Iā€™m doing now. I appreciate your feedback though
I retract accusing you of spending hard earned money on Sai Li!

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

Iā€™m just going to get straight to the point, how much horsepower are ID1050x fuel injectors capable of supporting on a boosted/E85 3rd gen 5.0?

I was running Sai Li dual pump with ID1050x injectors on E85 along with my ESS G3 110mm pulley and made 813 whp and that was it, the fuel system was tapped out. So I just bought a Lethal Performance fuel system triple pump (3x Walboro F90000285-486lph) but Iā€™m wondering if I need to also buy ID1300x if I want to make 1xxxHP, obviously I will pulley down significantly after my fuel system install because my Sai li was only able to safely run the 110mm. So again will ID1050x be able to push 1000whp or do I need ID1300x?

thanks all !

IMG_8729.jpeg

30A1E0D5-A8F6-4CC8-B960-A911AD7C3AAB.jpeg
I just made 957whp on a G3X, 100mm pulley and ID1050X injectors. A10 transmission. Still have plenty of headroom on the injectors. Also have a buddy with FIC 1000ā€™s making a good amount more than me with a similar setup. Gen 3ā€™s support more with the DI. Youā€™ll be fine on those injectors.

OP
OP
Ibeljics550

Ibeljics550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hasan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 S550 5.0 w/ ESS G3 Supercharger/ A10R80/ E85
I just made 957whp on a G3X, 100mm pulley and ID1050X injectors. A10 transmission. Still have plenty of headroom on the injectors. Also have a buddy with FIC 1000ā€™s making a good amount more than me with a similar setup. Gen 3ā€™s support more with the DI. Youā€™ll be fine on those injectors.
Thank you bro

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Its harder on the injectors when you rev higher, so if your fuel system is marginal shift lower like 7600

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was on an extremely cheap fuel system on stock fuel rails when I dynoed plus 110mm pulley which is still relatively big and couldnā€™t pulley down due to Sai Li fuel system not being able to support it hence why I upgraded fuel system, the car was also cutting fuel significantly on this set up. Iā€™m tuned by Lund.
The gen 3 fuel rail is your problem, not your 1050's.

You need to add another feed (or 2) to your factory fuel rail to feed the port injectors. Or buy upgraded port rails.

You are "running out of fuel" because your fuel pressure is dropping under boost on the port side because that tiny single feed from the factory cannot keep up.

From the factory -- Gen 3 the port injectors only run idle and partial throttle. WOT is handled by the high pressure side. This is why the port injectors have such a small feed on the factory rail.

Call me cheap, but spending $3k on a "fuel system" injectors not included is idiotic.

BTW -- Im on a Sai Li system with 1050's making 920whp roughly 14 psi.
Sponsored

Last edited: