Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Oh it was, lol now im in the middle of a big tt build.

Stock Whipple on 93 vs maxed out Whipple on ethanol is a huge difference. Turbos do come on later and when the do, it's a big hit. But im not sold that a 800hp TT mustang will walk a 800hp Whipple everytime, all other factors the same.
Power levels totally equal, I'd "kind of" agree. But it's rare that a Whipple is matching the TT HP for HP. But even matched HP for HP, i'd still put my money on the TT (from a roll) every time. But that is just based on my own personal experience, and what i've also seen from others. But again... typically if your running against a TT, you are out powered by a decent amount. Unless you have put some solid money into your Whipple build.

And if you fall behind a TT by even a pubic hair.. u might as well let off, cause you are not catching it.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Power levels totally equal, I'd "kind of" agree. But it's rare that a Whipple is matching the TT HP for HP. But even matched HP for HP, i'd still put my money on the TT (from a roll) every time. But that is just based on my own personal experience, and what i've also seen from others. But again... typically if your running against a TT, you are out powered by a decent amount. Unless you have put some solid money into your Whipple build.
^^^^ Bingo. You should find someone close by with a Whipple on E @ 16-17psi. It may change your mind on how hard it pulls all the way to 8k.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
^^^^ Bingo. You should find someone close by with a Whipple on E @ 16-17psi. It may change your mind on how hard it pulls all the way to 8k.
I certainly cannot argue that, or disagree, as i've never been in a Whipple car that was pushing anywhere near that. My basis of all my comments are purely "out of the box" set ups. If you have the money and means to build the Whipple, then I am sure it will run much differently. But set up for set up, out of the box, no comparison. That TT is gona eat you alive 51 times out of 50 races lol Now YOUR Whipple build... well... :hail:

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I can respect your opinion for sure. And your Whipple set up is pretty serious if you're making 900HP. OP is not going to be making that out of the box. Or even close to it. Most TT's are making 750-800RWHP right out of the box. I've played around on roll races with 2 TT's, and it wasn't even fun. I've also had my ass handed to me rather easily by the new Procharger's in a 16 GT. Those things are no joke with light mods added. To be fair, my Whipple is basically a stock Whipple set up, other than I pulley'd down one size to the 3.625 pulley.
My build is identical to jhatley7's 900hp. Though I don't think I will push it quite as hard as he annihilated 4 rods in the process lol.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And cracked a piston lol. Yea I wouldn't push it that hard. The real ? Do you plan on dropping in a built motor?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
And cracked a piston lol. Yea I wouldn't push it that hard. The real ? Do you plan on dropping in a built motor?
Want to make it the rest of this season stock block, if it makes it, then go built motor. If it makes it, reassess in the winter what I want to do. I have a hard time imagining this car with that much power, feels skittish already with just the FRPP3 setup I have now lol.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are gonna build, I would defiantly go TT. Then you could utalize the built block. Daily the TT on 15psi then up it to 20 for kill mode.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Don't you think your Whipple still had a good amount in it? I mean theres guys cracking 8 seconds with them.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't you think your Whipple still had a good amount in it? I mean theres guys cracking 8 seconds with them.
Yes and no lol. I really would like to see what it can do on a built motor, cams and headwork. Basically my new motor. But I know it's not capable of my new hp goals. That's why I went TT.

Doodguy is having a really hard time breaking the 1k mark.
Anthony's 11-14 Whipple is around 1100 with head work and cams.
Those are the only two I am aware of pushing the limits. Both around 21 psi. I was at 18, so roughly 3 more psi than me.
When I spoke to Whipple about that, I was told that it maxes around 1k.

Now there is a new throttle body out and they are supposed to release a new rotor pack.

Honestly it depends on your future goals for the car. You are in the best position to change the build. But I would not ditch the Whipple for a 6k TT kit. While it is said to be 1200hp capable, I don't see the gain.

My Whipple setup was a beast and I loved the hell out of it. Just want more. Everybody knows the pro's of a Whipple, here are a few of my cons,

No easy way to control boost. My setup could get out of hand really quick.

Iat's. Even with the Watson and CJ intake it still ran hot. I would fill the take with ice in the pit and before I got to the staging lanes it was melted. So I really just used it in the pit to cool the charger. Left the IC pump running.

It's a lot harder on the crank and motor.

No WINE lol.

Again it really depends on if you want 800 or 1K+

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But DAMN it was pretty lol

picture.jpg

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am doing the very thing you are thinking of doing I currently have the Whipple stage 2, I ordered the Boost Works system with comp 62/66 turbo's with the coated hot side. My math says that at 13 - 14 psi it will make 850 - 875 on E85 which will max out the stock motor, although others are pushing into the 900's I don't feel like pressing my luck. G force is making a gear set for the MT 82 which should be available through Ben Calimer in the upcoming months, it is said to hold up to 900 ft lbs.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am doing the very thing you are thinking of doing I currently have the Whipple stage 2, I ordered the Boost Works system with comp 62/66 turbo's with the coated hot side. My math says that at 13 - 14 psi it will make 850 - 875 on E85 which will max out the stock motor, although others are pushing into the 900's I don't feel like pressing my luck. G force is making a gear set for the MT 82 which should be available through Ben Calimer in the upcoming months, it is said to hold up to 900 ft lbs.
Stock mani's?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No the custom manifold kit

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I went Whipple Dec 15 for OEM drivability and best hp/risk proposition at the time as TT were still early adopter/risky/higher cost. Very happy. In traffic, the INSTANT torque from Whipple without need for downshit rocks.

TT still gets some power off the crank via backpressure, but thats distributed along the crank. SC pull all power out the snout and crank deflection is unavoidable. TT gets additional power from expansion of exhaust gas and thus somewhat higher efficiency vs SC. Maybe 60-100 hp advantage in TT exhaust scavenging.

Either way, most would agree stock blocks pushed to 800-1000rwhp are just dipping into the longer term durability margins to support that short term.

If you stay stock block and stock fuel:
TT might max out 60-100 rwhp above Whipple before breaking (yeay lottery winner).
TT with stock manifolds is extremely cost effective if staying stock block.

If you go built motor:
All bets off as tuner, fuel system, drivetrain and other issues come into play where cost, simplicity, durability of setup may drown out FI method. You can get really far hp per $$ on an F1 PC for example and have more money for built motor. So the tradeoffs become hp per $.

If you are ok DD running around with 800WHP stock block then Whipple.
If you MUST have 923.1415XXX WHP on stock block then prolly go TT and you might still kill block anyway.

If you dont have 12-24 months experience running around w 600-800 WHP on tap and want to jump straight into 1200WHP TT on built motor... uh, ask the other guys opinions. I think its cheaper to get some experience at lower power(omg I am talking bout 700whp as low power) with the Whipple on stock fuel and block at 700ish.

If you are roll racing 1200 hp TT and getting beat, is it cause this is their 3rd TT and they have 15 years street experience? You didnt mention tire or suspension differences which can be huge. Maybe they have less than 1 month experience above 200hp and deep pockets. There may always be someone faster, richer, luckier, or more desperate to mortgage their life than you. What is it that really makes you happy?
Sponsored

Last edited: