Sponsored

Help Me Decide: Sell Whipple for Twins?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll help... $50 for the complete Whipple kit. I'll pay shipping. :)
Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What are you still spending money on? Specific to the fact you got a whipple or just general other mods?
When I bought mine there was only Stage1 available with upgraded twin fans and 132mm TB.

Then Stage 2 comes out, #72 injectors, High volume IC pump $$$

Now there is another heat exchanger eliminating the noisy fans $$$

I know I don't have to buy any of this but how can you not, it just gets pricey with all the duplicate parts you pay for if you want the latest..

No price break for us either..

That's why if I had it to do over it would be Twins..

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
To be fair too, the base $6-7k turbo kits ARE not optimized either. I can see improvements from a better intercooler, def. need a boost controller of some sorts, bigger/better turbos. Nothing is directly comparable.

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06

Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on the fence as well.

I track (HPDE) my car so turbos are attractive but the piping interfears with my brake cooling. I am sure I can figure out a workaround for that. But in CT we have emissions testing so we need cats. I think that can be addressed as well.

I think they are all great, just depends on what you want I guess!!

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Its a tough decision. Can't really go wrong either way. I think you will have an easier time maxing out the engine with the twins, but you have the whipple sitting there.

OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I am on the fence as well.

I track (HPDE) my car so turbos are attractive but the piping interfears with my brake cooling. I am sure I can figure out a workaround for that. But in CT we have emissions testing so we need cats. I think that can be addressed as well.

I think they are all great, just depends on what you want I guess!!
Where in CT are you located? I am in southern Fairfield county.

Yes, you can get around cat inspections with some hollowed factory or resonators put in place.

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where in CT are you located? I am in southern Fairfield county.

Yes, you can get around cat inspections with some hollowed factory or resonators put in place.
I am in NE ct in the small town of Brooklyn. The quiet corner!!

I am going to end up with twins, I was just out in the shop with my car on the lift looking to see what I can do with my brake ducts. I run a pretty aggressive suspension and tire set up so I need the cooling. Even more so once I add the turbos.

I have raced some sort of vehicle most of my life and this is just an extension of that. The need for speed and power never seems to go away!!! :clap2:

Have a great day!!

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Almost every blower for the Coyote will produce nice power, and big smiles. But based on the comment you made about roll races, and wanting to run "with the best of them"... The TT's are pretty much the best of them in roll races. And it will be very difficult for you to compete with the Whipple. You will fair fairly well against some of the other set ups. But if you run across a TT, you better get one hell of a jump on it. Cause on the big end, you're going to have major problems keeping him in sight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Almost every blower for the Coyote will produce nice power, and big smiles. But based on the comment you made about roll races, and wanting to run "with the best of them"... The TT's are pretty much the best of them in roll races. And it will be very difficult for you to compete with the Whipple. You will fair fairly well against some of the other set ups. But if you run across a TT, you better get one hell of a jump on it. Cause on the big end, you're going to have major problems keeping him in sight.
Really think that tho? I don't see power climbing into redline like the Whipple's do, couple of Helions running around by me and they get walked on pretty bad by some much lower powered cars with similar weight. As Rockstang noted (and I have seen time and time again) the Whipple's backhalf like a raped ape, I would think that is the same spot you are saying a TT would also be building more power.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I feel like I am down talking Whipple, and I have one lol That's not my intention here, I promise. Love the Whipple. Great product, backed by a great company, but if I could go back it wouldn't take even a half second to make the decision to go TT. Turbo's are monsters on the big end and roll's. U can catch them early in the RPM range, before they spool up, and catch a small lead. But trust me, they are going to be making that ground up rapidly on the big end. Obviously if you got the money, you can build and build on that Whipple, and hang with some fast cars. But that TT, right out of the box, is going to eat your lunch on a roll. But I also see markmuffle's point... you already have the Whipple sitting there..sooo... And you will love it, until u get a TT next to you lol

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I will have to disagree. At the roll event that ate my motor, I only lost to two cars. TT lambo pushing 1400ish, Kicked my ass lol, and a procharged c7 pushing 900ish. C7 beat me by 1mph and we were side by side the whole race.

Took down 2 11-14 tt gt's, 2 vipers, procharged c6 and a hopped up cts-v. All of the other TT cars there were pushing 1300+. No comparison between them and a Whipple. I was Whippled, c85 @18 psi around 900hp-ish.

NOW will the whipple keep up with the tt vets, gtrs and BIG HP cars? Hell no. That's because the Whipple can't make the big power needed.

Junior, if you are wanting to keep the stock block and not going for the big numbers, I would stay with the Whipple. If you think you will want the big numbers later, sell it and go with TT. But i would go with a TT that does not use stock mani's. Incase you want to up the boost to play with the big hp guys, 1300+.

This is just my opinion:cheers:

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I will have to disagree. At the roll event that ate my motor, I only lost to two cars. TT lambo pushing 1400ish, Kicked my ass lol, and a procharged c7 pushing 900ish. C7 beat me by 1mph and we were side by side the whole race.

Took down 2 11-14 tt gt's, 2 vipers, procharged c6 and a hopped up cts-v. All of the other TT cars there were pushing 1300+. No comparison between them and a Whipple. I was Whippled, c85 @18 psi around 900hp-ish.

NOW will the whipple keep up with the tt vets, gtrs and BIG HP cars? Hell no. That's because the Whipple can't make the big power needed.

Junior, if you are wanting to keep the stock block and not going for the big numbers, I would stay with the Whipple. If you think you will want the big numbers later, sell it and go with TT. But i would go with a TT that does not use stock mani's. Incase you want to up the boost to play with the big hp guys, 1300+.

This is just my opinion:cheers:
I can respect your opinion for sure. And your Whipple set up is pretty serious if you're making 900HP. OP is not going to be making that out of the box. Or even close to it. Most TT's are making 750-800RWHP right out of the box. I've played around on roll races with 2 TT's, and it wasn't even fun. I've also had my ass handed to me rather easily by the new Procharger's in a 16 GT. Those things are no joke with light mods added. To be fair, my Whipple is basically a stock Whipple set up, other than I pulley'd down one size to the 3.625 pulley.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I can respect your opinion for sure. And your Whipple set up may be much faster than mine. I've played around on roll races with 2 TT's, and it wasn't even fun. I've also had my ass handed to me rather easily by the new Procharger's in a 16 GT. Those things are no joke with light mods added. To be fair, my Whipple is basically a stock Whipple set up, other than I pulley'd down one size to the 3.625 pulley.
Oh it was, lol now im in the middle of a big tt build.

Stock Whipple on 93 vs maxed out Whipple on ethanol is a huge difference. Turbos do come on later and when the do, it's a big hit. But im not sold that a 800hp TT mustang will walk a 800hp Whipple everytime, all other factors the same.
Sponsored