Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
You gain zero HP removing the tube and filter, I did it in the dyno to test a couple runs with it on and with it off. It does absolutely nothing off. Like buddy said above just leave it on unless you're hell bent on not having it for the aesthetic for under the hood.
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You gain zero HP removing the tube and filter, I did it in the dyno to test a couple runs with it on and with it off. It does absolutely nothing off. Like buddy said above just leave it on unless you're hell bent on not having it for the aesthetic for under the hood.
Yeah so im all for running the filter but I highly doubt there is no power to be gained with taking off inlet tube. I gained power on my G3X going from the inlet to a turbo guard. I mean I run the filter on the street because I understand thats the smart thing. But pulling air through the filter is definitely going to be a restriction on the blower and cost power. Unless somehow ESS unlocked something that Vortech, Procharger, paxton, and turbos can never figure out.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yeah so im all for running the filter but I highly doubt there is no power to be gained with taking off inlet tube. I gained power on my G3X going from the inlet to a turbo guard. I mean I run the filter on the street because I understand thats the smart thing. But pulling air through the filter is definitely going to be a restriction on the blower and cost power. Unless somehow ESS unlocked something that Vortech, Procharger, paxton, and turbos can never figure out.
Like I said... Removed it on the dyno. Did another run. Zero gains. Did nothing. Go test it yourself, already did on my end. I'm not here to convince you just sharing my experience with it.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Like I said... Removed it on the dyno. Did another run. Zero gains. Did nothing. Go test it yourself, already did on my end. I'm not here to convince you just sharing my experience with it.
Thats what I am saying. I did it too and gained, my friends with prochargers and Paxtons have also gained with less restriction on the inlet.

Sponsored

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Run a filter on the street….. take it off when racing

@4:20. No filter dyno comparison.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Run a filter on the street….. take it off when racing

@4:20. No filter dyno comparison.

Thats similar to mine with no filter. Picked up 40+ wheel and also 1.5psi in boost from better efficiency. Not a shock. All centri guys have been doing this since Gen 1 coyotes. Filters are inlet restrictions, necessary for safety but to say it makes no difference is wild to me.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Very strange then. You tested this on a dyno? On the same hour with the same car?
Correct On a dyno, same day, within minutes of each other.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I remember a few years ago with the gen 2 manifold and centris. They would flatline at 6500 or so even with increased boost. Search flatline here for info. Is it your intake or belt slip? Great numbers!!! ….but I can’t help but think there’s more in it.
I have never dynod my car, but it definitely doesn't feel like it's not still gaining above 6500 like it does below 6500. (2017, stock intake). Should I be looking at an 18+ intake to fix this?

Last edited:

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have never dynod my car, but it definitely doesn't feel like it's still gaining above 6500 like it does below 6500. (2017, stock intake). Should I be looking at an 18+ intake to fix this?
A Gen 3 Manifold or a GT350 manifold will definitely help it carry power up top.
Sponsored