Sponsored

Diff Fluid?

RRMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hey everyone! Going to be changing out the trans fluid soon, swapping the stock stuff with some Redline D4 and I figured I’d to the diff while I’m at it. What have you all used for it? I’m seeing Redline 75W-85 GL5, not sure if that needs friction modifier added to it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey everyone! Going to be changing out the trans fluid soon, swapping the stock stuff with some Redline D4 and I figured I’d to the diff while I’m at it. What have you all used for it? I’m seeing Redline 75W-85 GL5, not sure if that needs friction modifier added to it.
I use the same thing. No additives needed and works great!

OP
OP
RRMach1

RRMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I literally wrote "it already contains friction modifier" and you even quoted it :facepalm:
You did say that, I'm sorry I've been sick and I just glossed over it. Thank you!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I use the valvoline 75w90 squeeze pouches, they work great. The redline works great too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RRMach1

RRMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I use the valvoline 75w90 squeeze pouches, they work great. The redline works great too.
Do you use any friction modifier with that? I’ve read mixed things on using friction modifier with aftermarket fluids.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Do you use any friction modifier with that? I’ve read mixed things on using friction modifier with aftermarket fluids.
I've found its very hard to find diff fluid without friction modifier. The Detroit Truetrac in my F150 Prerunner calls for fluid without the modifier. Redline makes some, but its not always easy to find and like I said, most other brands have it already included.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Originally I used half the recommended XL-3 modifier with the redline 75W85, but it ended up being a little too slippery and caused some oddness at low speeds. The Valvoline comes with its own modifier and I just left it alone and it's been 100% perfect.

I found out later Redline makes two versions of the 75W85, so either get the one with their own modifier, or get the non modified version and add 3oz of the Motorcraft XL-3.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I've found its very hard to find diff fluid without friction modifier. The Detroit Truetrac in my F150 Prerunner calls for fluid without the modifier. Redline makes some, but its not always easy to find and like I said, most other brands have it already included.
We offer our BG Kits with and without. Track Customers with the Torsen use the non additive because like your Truetrac, it makes the differential work better.

webspoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Code Orange
I use redline and use 1qt of 58304 75w90 no-slip (no modifiers) and top off with 50104 75w85GL5 with modifier. You could go straight 75w90NS also.
Sponsored