Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's terrible. What the hell?
You got me, Boss. I've been here for 4.5 years now. I've toned way down with driving. Save the horseplay (womp womp wah) for the track. That's only the one I like to quote. If you get a free moment, feel free to visit VA vehicular laws. You'll enjoy a good laugh. I can't wait to be discharged and head back to Florida.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So back on topic? RPM is one of the biggest stressors on a motor. That being said 3 k rpm on an engine designed to do over 7k is putting less than a quarter of the stress the engine is designed to take so I don't think you are hurting the motor per se. I know some early LS7s (GM I know) had problems with ring flutter at high RPMs and low load which leads to high oil consumption and can cause ring damage that compromises seal. Other than that, the major damage is only to your MPG. But it's your money and as long as you aren't doing it early in the morning or late at night, go ahead and enjoy the V8 soundtrack.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
what the fuck are all of these sayings yall are spouting off? I was unaware I was in an episode of Jersey Shore

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
this has got to be one of the most stupidest threads on this forum. who just cruises around town at 4k rpm?

Sponsored

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
GTPP is probably pretty close to 3k at highway speed anyway. Are we not allowed to go on road trips?

I understand the idea of not making a bunch of noise for the sake of noise, but some of you act like these engines are made of glass.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
this has got to be one of the most stupidest threads on this forum. who just cruises around town at 4k rpm?

no one, but we also don't claim to 'spirited drive' at <3k RPMS either.....there's a middle ground here :)

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
no one, but we also don't claim to 'spirited drive' at <3k RPMS either.....there's a middle ground here :)
Guess that middle ground is somewhere between 3-4k RPMs, and again, there's no reason to drive like that unless you're just itching to race or showboat constantly. Either way, you'll just get a "cool story bro" from everyone around you.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I do, in my garage. Shit is mad tyte yo...

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I shift at 3500-4000 rpm daily. why? because its fun.
also, don't quote gas mileage. if you bought this car with economy in mind then you are a moron. go buy a v6 or a ecoboost.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Wow, I can't believe the responses here. I guess I drive aggressive by the standards of some here. 1st thru 3rd I typically up shift my EcoBoost @ 3k-4K rpms just driving around town otherwise I'm downshifting constantly because the traffic is moving to slow for the next gear. If I was worried about mpg I would be an asshole driving a Prius and not a Mustang. My GT should be here this week and I will probably do most driving around town in 2nd and 3rd. I'm not planning to nanny my GT, if I wanted to shift @1.5 k rpms I would probably be driving that Prius. Based on the comments then either you're all full of shit or you're driving like a granny, I'm going with the former.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt black
eh, if its your car drive it how ever the hell you want, i could care less as long as your not putting anyone in danger...now if your in traffic and driving agressively like your in some sort of race to get somewhere first ,then most likely your one of "those" people that i look at and just roll my eyes at...settle down your "skills" or noise arent impressing anyone....

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Guess that middle ground is somewhere between 3-4k RPMs, and again, there's no reason to drive like that unless you're just itching to race or showboat constantly. Either way, you'll just get a "cool story bro" from everyone around you.
I guess that would matter to me if I gave a flying fuck what anyone else thought at me or my driving habits/car? :shrug:

They don't pay my car payment or insurance last I checked.

Now I'm not advocating to go 0-100-0 in traffic between redlights. However, if you wanna wind the car out on an open stretch of road, there's plenty to be had past 3k rpms.