Sponsored

Can we please talk drive modes for a moment?

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
What year FZ09?
2016. Bought it new in 2016 with 0 miles and pretty much wheelied it out of the dealership as I have been racing dirtbikes all my life. A Mode on this bike is like S+ mode in the Mach 1 kind of. All of the power all at once.

43FB3A79-B307-4EDE-A455-EA11F52AD0A1.jpeg
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a Soler Performance Throttle controller on my car. I bought it to pair with my Soler ported factory Bullitt throttle body. You can make the throttle super sensitive with the TC. There’s even a Ludacris mode and a Drag mode on it, for those times when you want to engage in very aggressive driving. It can be controlled by the very small LCD screen or via Bluetooth from your phone if you wish.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ahh, so you were spared the utter sh*tshow that was the 2014...
If you want PROPER damping and in both legs to boot (the left fork does nothing at all), PM me.

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
ahh, so you were spared the utter sh*tshow that was the 2014...
If you want PROPER damping and in both legs to boot (the left fork does nothing at all), PM me.
The FZ09 suspension doesn't affect me like it does others since I'm still about 145 with gear. I think the tipping point is around 165. A friend of mine who used to race Moto GP back in the day helped me find the right settings for the bike and it pretty much does everything I need it to. However, I am making some big upgrades to the bike in the near future and suspension and brakes is on the list. And yes, I knew about the qualms of the 2014 so I patiently waited. 2015 colors sucked and 2017 got all the electronic assists so I got exactly what I wanted at the right time.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Do you know how much larger the Steeda sway bars are over the M1 HP?
Yep. Front is 5% thicker, rear 6%. Steeda rear is hollow vs solid M1HP but still stiffer. Front has 4 adjustment points (well really 3 for MR cars) and rear has 3. I've experimented with a couple combinations and currently running front full still and rear full soft. This setting feels like Track mode when it's in Normal. But front on 2nd from stiffest still gives flatter cornering than the stock M1HP bars.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
For the past few months, I have spent a lot of time experimenting with the Mach 1 drive modes. My 2016 GTPP only had steering mode so I was new to this. Here's what I've learned.

Changing the drive modes stiffens and softens the magnetic suspension and also completely changes throttle mapping. But, why can't we independently change them?

Sport Mode has best throttle response but track mode has best suspension feel. I understand that on a track you're at much higher rpm so low end, that throttle is very much numb compared to S+. Snow/wet mode is omg, nothing there but it does feel very soft.

Is there no tune or loophole where we can choose our own settings like McLaren and others allow?

Track suspension
Sport throttle
Track exhaust
Comfort steering
TC off but advance trac on
sport mode sucks. it takes the linear throttle and makes it ramp up way faster way sooner.
this makes automatics feel less trash and makes manuals more difficult to drive.
before anybody goes into "yeah well get good" that proves the point.

for consistency linear is better. sport mode just maxes out 100% throttle before you give it 100% throttle. it basically shortens the length of your gas pedal.

I never use sport mode but I have the correct transmission.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There is multiple threads on here related to throttle mapping. IIRC, the curve wasn't wildly different between each mode.

On my car, the curve change is not noticeable just because of the torque curve of the Voodoo vs Coyote. I don't get on it in Normal mode, and I have no use for sport mode, so my foot is adjusted to the track mode for sensitivity.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Not reading all this but Seems like my mode is the solution to your problems.
I have mine set to normal throttle, sport steering, track exhaust, and launch control on. I don’t think it auto toggles T/C off unless your throttle mode does like track mode so you will still have to hold that switch.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have mine set to normal throttle, sport steering, track exhaust, and launch control on. I don’t think it auto toggles T/C off unless your throttle mode does like track mode so you will still have to hold that switch.
He can also turn it all off at the push of a button with the 580 Performance ABS Bypass Mod. I use it on my car and no longer have to hold the switch up for 10 seconds or whatever it is. Press the button that I mounted on the right side of the steering column and ABS/TC can be turned off/on quickly.

Simple plug and play, remove factory nanny plug near the air box, plug in the bypass mod, route the wiring harness into the cabin, select a mounting spot for the switch, plug the female spade terminals on the end of the wiring harness, onto the switch and you’re done.

https://580performance.com/products/abs-bypass-mod

IMG_5931.jpeg

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
He can also turn it all off at the push of a button with the 580 Performance ABS Bypass Mod. I use it on my car and no longer have to hold the switch up for 10 seconds or whatever it is. Press the button that I mounted on the right side of the steering column and ABS/TC can be turned off/on quickly.

Simple plug and play, remove factory nanny plug near the air box, plug in the bypass mod, route the wiring harness into the cabin, select a mounting spot for the switch, plug the female spade terminals on the end of the wiring harness, onto the switch and you’re done.

https://580performance.com/products/abs-bypass-mod

IMG_5931.jpeg
True, cool mod. Downside is the bypass plug makes my dash light up like a Christmas tree and I happen to like ABS. Holding the traction control switch for 5 second will turn it off completely.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
True, cool mod. Downside is the bypass plug makes my dash light up like a Christmas tree and I happen to like ABS. Holding the traction control switch for 5 second will turn it off completely.
I did it to speed up the process of disabling it when at the drag strip. I already have way too many things going on in the car just to get staged and ready to make a hit. The more time I can shave off of the process, the better off I am, especially since I suffer from CRS (Can’t Remember Stuff) to put it cleanly, lol.

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Interesting comments on this thread. Next time I drive the Mach, I will see what I can do with My Mode. I'm getting the Steeda X Pipe resonator delete installed in a couple of weeks so I'm going to ask those guys if they are able to do something with this in their tunes.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I do not think there is any "throttle" configurable on Mach 1. It comes only in a pack with the drive mode which comes with the suspension. I like Sport+ suspension on a fast road and hate Sport+ throttle mapping that comes with it. For the very reason explained by @Oakley above.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
Here are the things I learned and noticed with mine while I had it and play around with the modes.

We are going to start off with MyMode. Firstly when you go to set this, whatever mode you typically prefer to drive around on is what you want to set it at. Whichever mode you so choose to go with will affect throttle sensitivity/input, suspension, steering, and lastly exhaust. Now, once set you can go back and change what the steering and exhaust mode are set to, however, you are UNABLE to change suspension separately (only GT500 has this capability).

Sport+ mode I liked but also did not like which I had MyMode set to by default. It increases throttle input by about 20% or so across the board. Normal/Track/Drag modes all had normal/linear throttle input so if you're looking for actual and proper pedal input go with one of these.

I found Drag mode to be the absolute smoothest shifting experience across all the drive modes but did not want to cruise around with the suspension set up in that mode for obvious reasons. I even was having shifting problems with the car and when experimenting Drag mode ended up being the only mode that shifted without issues.

If there was something I didn't cover let me know and I will answer your question but I think I got it all covered pretty well.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
For the past few months, I have spent a lot of time experimenting with the Mach 1 drive modes. My 2016 GTPP only had steering mode so I was new to this. Here's what I've learned.

Changing the drive modes stiffens and softens the magnetic suspension and also completely changes throttle mapping. But, why can't we independently change them?

Sport Mode has best throttle response but track mode has best suspension feel. I understand that on a track you're at much higher rpm so low end, that throttle is very much numb compared to S+. Snow/wet mode is omg, nothing there but it does feel very soft.

Is there no tune or loophole where we can choose our own settings like McLaren and others allow?

Track suspension
Sport throttle
Track exhaust
Comfort steering
TC off but advance trac on
It's what the brilliant minds at Ford decided. I a 2021 PP1 auto with magnaride and active exhaust. Normal gives you softer suspension, numbed throttle and skipped flabberier shifts.

You can flip through the exhaust settings but not the suspension or throttle. That is tied to sport, sport plus and track. Steering is also manually settable. Sport, sport plus, and track firms up the trans shifts quite a bit. I wish they had a seperate setting for the exhaust, suspension, throttle, trans. But that what be too nice for them to give us that. After all. It's just a few key strokes.
Sponsored