Bruce Jr

Bruce Jr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I just installed the M-2300-Y kit on my 2020 GT PP2 two months ago. Happy with the kit, looks great and definitely more stopping power, although the brakes are a little touchy now. Not a difficult install, but took some time. Didn’t need the kit at all, but I wanted it. Besides, it’s only money, worse things I could spend it on! Lol As mentioned, you will probably need new wheels, pretty sure nothing oem will work, unless you have oem GT350 wheels. I am running Apex EC-7’s, 19x11, 52 offsets all around. (Extended studs and 1” spacers on the front.) wheels fit fine, no issues. Due to the different design on the ebrake, the hubs stuck out 1/4” further on each side. Depending on your wheel offset, may or may not be an issue. My wheels were fine, slight poke on the rear but not bad.

Doug
Thanks a bunch Doug for your insight
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I can't understand why there isn't a rear Brembo caliper kit available that bolt's right up in place of single rear caliper. Really don't want to change spindles, axles, lines, etc.
They do exist where you can keep original offset 19+ wheels, spindles and everything on a stock S550 GT with direct bolt on with parking brake included. but it becomes mute since the kit is almost same price as the FP front/rear kit though and might look kinda mismatched on rotor availability and style vs the PP1 front rotors.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...o-4-piston-rear-brake-kit-red-brems550rr.html

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium
I just installed the M-2300-Y kit on my 2020 GT PP2 two months ago. Happy with the kit, looks great and definitely more stopping power, although the brakes are a little touchy now. Not a difficult install, but took some time. Didn’t need the kit at all, but I wanted it. Besides, it’s only money, worse things I could spend it on! Lol As mentioned, you will probably need new wheels, pretty sure nothing oem will work, unless you have oem GT350 wheels. I am running Apex EC-7’s, 19x11, 52 offsets all around. (Extended studs and 1” spacers on the front.) wheels fit fine, no issues. Due to the different design on the ebrake, the hubs stuck out 1/4” further on each side. Depending on your wheel offset, may or may not be an issue. My wheels were fine, slight poke on the rear but not bad.

Doug
Exactly this^^^^. Good info.

I'm putting these on the rear with the brake kit:

https://www.steeda.com/velgen-vfc52011-5gb1145870-5-gt-350-gloss-black-wheel

I'll also press the OEM bushings out of the new rear knuckles and press in spherical bushings, and have been holding off (until everything comes apart for the kit install) replacing the OEM upper camber arms with the Steeda adjustable arms and get the adjustable toe links in place. Ultimately, this will be the last of the squishy OEM rubber bushings that require torquing at curb.

MB

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Exactly this^^^^. Good info.

I'm putting these on the rear with the brake kit:

https://www.steeda.com/velgen-vfc52011-5gb1145870-5-gt-350-gloss-black-wheel

I'll also press the OEM bushings out of the new rear knuckles and press in spherical bushings, and have been holding off (until everything comes apart for the kit install) replacing the OEM upper camber arms with the Steeda adjustable arms and get the adjustable toe links in place. Ultimately, this will be the last of the squishy OEM rubber bushings that require torquing at curb.

MB
those spherical bushings will benefit you more than everything else you're doing if you aren't tracking the poop out off this car :D

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium
those spherical bushings will benefit you more than everything else you're doing if you aren't tracking the poop out off this car :D
You ain't kiddin. There's very little of the el-cheapo OEM stuff left under my car. The spherical bushings are part of the next big phase of the build. The goal being, "tracking the poop out of this car." :cwl:

MB
Sponsored

Last edited: