OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
5500 miles so far, only 1 oil change, nothing so far. And you know what, im not gonna go straining my ears to listen for it either šŸ˜

That honestly sounds more like typical DI clatter than anything.
Yeah, I knew about the tick but Iā€™d honestly forgotten about it. Yesterday when I fired it up, it was just that noticeable. Hopefully it doesnā€™t happen to you.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I thought it did too, that's why i asked. I also thought the BBQ tick was a regular pattern, where as mine is an irregular. Plus its at the top of the engine. Maybe its the injectors??

I have to head out after work, I'll get it good and warmed up and take a video when i get home.

Anyway, Ceratec can't hurt.
1) BBQ tick is irregular - usually when you rev it up to 2k rpm range.
2) Sounds like typical Coyote DI noise. Mine is pretty loud too, there is 16 injectors firing at the top of the engine keep that in mind.
3) I would not worry about it, quit listening to the engine at idle. Send her to redline these are noisy engines. 16 injectors, 32 valves, etc tons of parts letting us rev this v8 to the moon.
4) You can always have your oil analyzed at regular intervals after oil change for piece of mind
5) Modern engines are pretty loud in general - listen to a BMW engine sounds like its a Diesel.
6) This is probably 50000000X BBQ tick/engine noise post :handshake:

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
1) BBQ tick is irregular - usually when you rev it up to 2k rpm range.
2) Sounds like typical Coyote DI noise. Mine is pretty loud too, there is 16 injectors firing at the top of the engine keep that in mind.
3) I would not worry about it, quit listening to the engine at idle. Send her to redline these are noisy engines. 16 injectors, 32 valves, etc tons of parts letting us rev this v8 to the moon.
4) You can always have your oil analyzed at regular intervals after oil change for piece of mind
5) Modern engines are pretty loud in general - listen to a BMW engine sounds like its a Diesel.
6) This is probably 50000000X BBQ tick/engine noise post :handshake:
I can't believe people are still posting about this.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
I noticed an intermittent ticking or clicking with mine running the other day. It truly sounds like it's coming from the throttle body or injectors - definitely from the top of the engine. And it sounds like something in there is actuating or moving. I'll bet that it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I noticed an intermittent ticking or clicking with mine running the other day. It truly sounds like it's coming from the throttle body or injectors - definitely from the top of the engine. And it sounds like something in there is actuating or moving. I'll bet that it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
That's not the BBQ tick in question. You are describing normal injector noise.

Sponsored

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
That sounds like a bit more than the tick.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
If you ain't tick'n you ain't race'n
Sponsored