OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Ceratec will almost eliminate the sound. Mine did it after the first oil change at the dealer.
I'll find out at lunch when i go get a bottle.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
$40 a bottle. That shit ainā€™t cheap.
I threw in half a bottle to start. No ticking sound when I got home from my drive. Figures crossed

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I threw in half a bottle to start. No ticking sound when I got home from my drive. Figures crossed
Amazon has it for $25.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I bought at my local Advance Auto for about $35. Amazon is cheaper, but every time I have ordered it from there it either gets lost or takes over a month to get here.

I ran 2 bottles in my F150 (1 bottle per 5 quarts), I have ran 1 bottle in my Mustang from day one, tick just started. Might dump in another to see how it goes. Liquimoly does say 1 bottle per 5 quarts is OK.. I think its a combo of 1 bottle and the heat wave around here when it started. Plus I am tuned with headers so that might be a contributing factor...

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yea they proud of it but its good stuff. I have ran it forever, even in my daily driver I dose it about every third change.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I live in Canada, where everything is twice the price thanks to our Dear Leader.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
@Chris1973 that sounds much worse than the ol' BBQ tick. Got a new video after the ceratec additive? I'm curious how much different it is.

I'm going to go fire to my PP2 in a bit. I don't think it has any ticking at all.

OP
OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
@Chris1973 that sounds much worse than the ol' BBQ tick. Got a new video after the ceratec additive? I'm curious how much different it is.

I'm going to go fire to my PP2 in a bit. I don't think it has any ticking at all.
I thought it did too, that's why i asked. I also thought the BBQ tick was a regular pattern, where as mine is an irregular. Plus its at the top of the engine. Maybe its the injectors??

I have to head out after work, I'll get it good and warmed up and take a video when i get home.

Anyway, Ceratec can't hurt.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Changed the oil today for the 3rd time. Alway M1 5w30. Today it to the carwash after and started to notice this irregular tick from the top of the engine on the way home.

I know these have the BBQ tick and injector tick as well. This one seems very irregular. It will even stop for a few seconds. Happens at idle with the engine at full temp.

let me know what you think. Should I take it to the dealer??

Try Liquid Moly Ceretec.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Not apples to apples because I still have the engine cover on and it's warmed up. 2020 w 17k on it. It's always sounded this way. I don't consider that the BBQ tick, because I've heard that before tick on another car. These engines have some noise to them regardless. Hope this helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Well, took her for a bit of a drive and engine at full temp. Sounds like it always did. Ceratec worked Iā€™m guessing.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
Try a bottle of this.

1719204943940-do.png
Only takes me 2oz to kill the tick

I measured after an oil change. Just kept adding an oz till the tick was gone. I assumed it would come back quick with such a small amount added but it stays completely gone between oil changes on just 2oz

For some people it's 1 or 2 bottles. And maybe some just assume they need a full bottle.

I would suggest measuring. That shit isn't exactly cheap for such a small bottle šŸ˜†

Last edited:
OP
OP

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium

I measured after an oil change. Just keeping adding an oz till the tick was gone. I assumed it would come back quick with such a small amount added but it stays completely gone between oil changes on just 2oz

For some people it's 1 or 2 bottles. And maybe some just assume they need a full bottle.

I would suggest measuring. That shit isn't exactly cheap for such a small bottle šŸ˜†
Shit, should have started with a little less. Oh, next time itā€™s little by little

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

I measured after an oil change. Just keeping adding an oz till the tick was gone. I assumed it would come back quick with such a small amount added but it stays completely gone between oil changes on just 2oz

I add the whole bottle. Also tick was louder with Catless LTH. Now isn't gone!

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
5500 miles so far, only 1 oil change, nothing so far. And you know what, im not gonna go straining my ears to listen for it either šŸ˜

That honestly sounds more like typical DI clatter than anything.
Sponsored