Front
Soft +22%
Stiff +37%

Rear
Soft 260%
Medium 310%
Stiff 337%

Not sure if any of this helps?
Hhhmm!! Decimal place doesn't seem to be in the right place maybe.

If it was over one it would be about 4mm for the rear.

The rear percentages seem a bit OTT as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hhhmm!! Decimal place doesn't seem to be in the right place maybe.

If it was over one it would be about 4mm for the rear.

The rear percentages seem a bit OTT as well.
Ha ha, yup, my bad...
Shift the decimal point across one. :headbonk:
The percentages ARE however exactly as quoted by AFE themselves.
The rear DOES seem excessively high.
:shrug:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
With the decimals shifted, I plugged the numbers into the equation.

Front: equivalent to a 28.5mm solid bar.
Rear: equivalent to a 26mm solid bar.

I'm inclined to believe their numbers. They are significantly stiffer in the rear when compared to the PP bars.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you find that they made the car more neutral in its handling? Any other significant observations?
The car is pretty neutral with just a touch of oversteer(which I like). I also run 295 Hoosier R7's squared though as well, so it's not a apples to apples comparison. I am experiencing more corner exit oversteer than I'd like. I have picked up the BMR cradle lockout to see if it makes any difference. We'll see in the spring. Overall, I'm happy with my aFe/pfadt purchases.

BlownStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Shadow Black
The car is pretty neutral with just a touch of oversteer(which I like). I also run 295 Hoosier R7's squared though as well, so it's not a apples to apples comparison. I am experiencing more corner exit oversteer than I'd like. I have picked up the BMR cradle lockout to see if it makes any difference. We'll see in the spring. Overall, I'm happy with my aFe/pfadt purchases.
I had the same problem. I had to take out some rear camber (I had -2.3 degrees) and put the rear bar on the softest setting. Problem solved.

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm a -1.8 in the rear and on the softest setting as well. Softer rear shock settings and 2lbs lower on rear tires than front. I'm not overly concerned about it, just dialing in as time allows at this point.

BlownStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a -1.8 in the rear and on the softest setting as well. Softer rear shock settings and 2lbs lower on rear tires than front. I'm not overly concerned about it, just dialing in as time allows at this point.
I took my rear camber back to -0.9. They don't need much camber when we stiffen them up. Really helped with traction of the mark to. :thumbsup:

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I took my rear camber back to -0.9. They don't need much camber when we stiffen them up. Really helped with traction of the mark to. :thumbsup:
For me, anything under -1.5 in the rear and I start to see a diminishing return. Time to see what these BMR parts are all about and what effects they have. Putting on the adjustable sway bar end links as well.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
For me, anything under -1.5 in the rear and I start to see a diminishing return. Time to see what these BMR parts are all about and what effects they have. Putting on the adjustable sway bar end links as well.
What's the point with adjustable end links? Does it achieve anything that a fixed one won't?

One can preload it...but that's not good. I understand having sturdier or stiffer end links, but why adjustable length?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's to eliminate preload.
Forgive my ignorance he Brent -
Are you saying that you're corner scaling the car with the sways disconnected and then once all is good, reconnecting the sways so that they fit PERFECTLY, without any pre-load?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Burkey, yep. That is the intent anyway. Sorry, I've been touch and go on the forums recently due to work. I'm hoping to get the car on a friend's lift/alignment rack with scales in the not too distant future. The car will be set up with end links disconnected. Once complete, they are adjusted and connected without preload. I have no illusions of the car being 50/50, but I'm just wanting to play with setting at this point to see what fine tuning I can do. Overall, I've been really surprised and happy with the handling of the car. It doesn't feel nearly as heavy on track as it is. :)

BlownStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the point with adjustable end links? Does it achieve anything that a fixed one won't?

One can preload it...but that's not good. I understand having sturdier or stiffer end links, but why adjustable length?
If you remember that the bars work by the suspension effectively twisting the ends in opposite directions perpendicular the bar itself. As the car tries to role pushing one bar end up, whilst the other side is neutral or bending down. The holes give you more or less leverage, making it easier to twist from the end hole to harder in the hole closest to the bend.
Sponsored