Sponsored

Any nightshift guys/insomniacs out there?

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2020 GT PP2, 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Work 4p-midnight, but find it nearly impossible to sleep before 2-3am... then back up by 8-9am.

Rinse & repeat....
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I've worked night shift almost entirely my whole working life, from fast food to being a tech. I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I consider not falling asleep until 0800 or later insomnia.

Work 1500-0000 every weeknight.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Work 4p-midnight, but find it nearly impossible to sleep before 2-3am... then back up by 8-9am.

Rinse & repeat....

My normal shift is like that actually. I fall asleep usually by 2 or 3 and up around 9. Then work from 1500-2300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My gf is a nurse working night shifts. It's rough whenever we stay with each other even on her days off, her sleep schedule is all over the place.

So let's say you work 8pm Fri to 8am Sat and have a day off before your next night shift on Sun 8pm, what do you do?

When you get home on Sat morning do you try to stay up until Sat night then sleep until normal time on Sun morning.... then attempt to do a whole night shift starting Sun night? I could never figure out how this is done.
Im an icu nurse. I work nights. I would get sleep as soon as i get home so when i wake up say 2 or 3 pm i can still do something with my night off. Then hopefully sleep that night. The next morning i try to do something i like or chores cause by 12 i gotta be sleeping to get ready for work. It sucks but work flow is better as some has mentioned before. No bosses and not a lot of things going on comparatively to day shift.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I only work two days a week, two back to back 18 hr shifts. You would THINK when I get off I would pass the hell out but nope, being the chronic insomnia I am, I sleep two hrs here, three hrs there, but never longer than 4 hrs at a time.

There have been times I was so desperate for sleep that I would take 3 Advil PM, and still I would only sleep 3.5 hrs max.
Take ambien. Fight it for a little bit. Youll have a trip. LoL

Sponsored

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
Been there, but before I knew about it causing a weird high. I thought I had finally cracked. :crazy:

I can't remember if it was that or Lunesta, but one of them used to cause me to sleepwalk. A few times I woke up and had plates in bed with me; I had cooked and eaten in my 'sleep'. Scary.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Only took Ambien once. The cat changed colors, all of the furniture ripped in half, and my wife's face changed into a perfect triangle. :eyebulge:

She wouldn't let me take it again!!! :tsk:

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I have mild anxiety, so doc prescribed me Lorazepam. I take it as needed, but when I used to have attacks, I used to take 1mg. That was enough to knock me out for several hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A few times I woke up and had plates in bed with me; I had cooked and eaten in my 'sleep'. Scary.
I went outside the house in my boxer and my neighbors were out too.
Only took Ambien once. The cat changed colors, all of the furniture ripped in half, and my wife's face changed into a perfect triangle. :eyebulge:

She wouldn't let me take it again!!! :tsk:
I took my wife by the nose and kept saying "I got the villain". Weird cause the next day MCA magazine came and there's mustang there named "Villain". My wife said I'm not allowed ambien when I'm old and senile.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I work nights right now, but with the time difference that is during the day in the States.

Sponsored

Drake

My 1st Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard Ecoboost Premium
3rd shift (10pm-630am) security for a hotel. I love working nights because I've always been a night person.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'm not night shift, but I work overseas.. lol

I get bored when everyone goes to sleep :/

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
3rd shift (10pm-630am) security for a hotel. I love working nights because I've always been a night person.
I did Hotel security for a but before going to my current assignment and i hated doing nights. Could never sleep well. I work mid shift at my current assignment and i love it. Such a refreshing change.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I did Hotel security for a but before going to my current assignment and i hated doing nights. Could never sleep well. I work mid shift at my current assignment and i love it. Such a refreshing change.
What do you do that has you up at night?
I am a network geek and my "customers" are Asia/Pacific Rim and then Europe.

I use Melatonin when I cannot sleep on my own.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Im over in the Middle East on assignment so I'm always eight hours ahead of anyone on eastern time in the states...
Sponsored