Sponsored

Any nightshift guys/insomniacs out there?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Stuck on nightshift this week and it gets pretty boring. Any nightshift guys out there? Insomniacs? Post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I use to work the 'GraveYard Shift' in my younger days and really enjoyed it. No bosses around and no BS to deal with as on the regular day shift. You did your work in relative peace and quiet. Don't know if it's the same in different night jobs.

I was always a very, very early riser. Many times I'll fall asleep early in the evening and wake up around 1 or 2 AM. Problem with that is while I'm still working, it makes for a tiring day. Retirement is only 5 months away. Once I reach that point, I'll stay up from the 1 or 2 AM time frame and surf the internet, watch TV or finally finish the sequel to my first book. That's a great time to write as the house is quiet and I have a nice hot cup of coffee next to my keyboard, lol,,,. ;)

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Oh it's lovely at night. I work in security (don't laugh) and it's lovely at night. Client isn't around, no bosses, everything is nice and quiet, and you can perform your patrols efficiently without interruptions. Some nights we have different duties that has to be done at certain times and that makes the time go by faster. Only when you're done with your patrol does it get boring. Haha

Just on nights this week (maybe next week too) and then back to my midshift.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Shift supervisor at a chem plant here but I work rotating shift.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Shift supervisor at a chem plant here but I work rotating shift.

Rotating shifts must suck. Never really get into a good sleep pattern. I went from nights, to midshift, now back to nights in a span of 5 months. My sleep patterns are all kinds of messed up haha

Sponsored

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
My gf is a nurse working night shifts. It's rough whenever we stay with each other even on her days off, her sleep schedule is all over the place.

So let's say you work 8pm Fri to 8am Sat and have a day off before your next night shift on Sun 8pm, what do you do?

When you get home on Sat morning do you try to stay up until Sat night then sleep until normal time on Sun morning.... then attempt to do a whole night shift starting Sun night? I could never figure out how this is done.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rotating shifts must suck. Never really get into a good sleep pattern. I went from nights, to midshift, now back to nights in a span of 5 months. My sleep patterns are all kinds of messed up haha

Pretty much sucks lol. But I love my days off during the week and all. And I get paid really well and if I do my job and keep my people efficiently trained, then my job is very very easy.

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
I only work two days a week, two back to back 18 hr shifts. You would THINK when I get off I would pass the hell out but nope, being the chronic insomnia I am, I sleep two hrs here, three hrs there, but never longer than 4 hrs at a time.

There have been times I was so desperate for sleep that I would take 3 Advil PM, and still I would only sleep 3.5 hrs max.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I only work two days a week, two back to back 18 hr shifts. You would THINK when I get off I would pass the hell out but nope, being the chronic insomnia I am, I sleep two hrs here, three hrs there, but never longer than 4 hrs at a time.

There have been times I was so desperate for sleep that I would take 3 Advil PM, and still I would only sleep 3.5 hrs max.
Sounds like my sleep pattern. It sucks.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Graveyarder 12 hr shifts here. Been on graves for the last 5 yrs. More on and some off before that for 6 yrs. Makes it a lot easier with my busy schedule to get stuff done during the day, but getting 3-4 hrs of sleep a day sucks.

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
7pm - 7am compressed shifts. I've been here since '97. :)

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
My gf is a nurse working night shifts. It's rough whenever we stay with each other even on her days off, her sleep schedule is all over the place.

So let's say you work 8pm Fri to 8am Sat and have a day off before your next night shift on Sun 8pm, what do you do?

When you get home on Sat morning do you try to stay up until Sat night then sleep until normal time on Sun morning.... then attempt to do a whole night shift starting Sun night? I could never figure out how this is done.
I take a short nap during the day, and then back to sleep at night normally, then up all day sunday, and then a short nap in the afternoon then back to work sunday night. With night shifts you really never have two days off, cause the majority of the first day you're sleeping.

Its all about getting your body into a good circadian rhythm, and its hard because our bodies are naturally programmed to sleep at night and be up during the day. Your gf should google ways to make working on nights healthy, cause working at night can be pretty unhealthy.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Anyone working or awake? Bored haha.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone working or awake? Bored haha.

Awake now since my little girl decided to get up 3 hours earlier than normal! Damn even when I'm not working nights I'm up at 5 am lol

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Awake now since my little girl decided to get up 3 hours earlier than normal! Damn even when I'm not working nights I'm up at 5 am lol

Haha yes you never can sleep normal on days off. Let's see how this works when I go back to swing shift next week

Sponsored