Sponsored

An actually useful S550/S650 Mustang cup holder!

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
The mounting plate looks custom. A bit generous with the rivets, imo...
A guy could just slip a piece of metal behind the trim I suppose. Looks like a secure mount, though

Might need to change the thread title to “how do you shift?” lol because my forearm is firmly planted over the cup holders.

That’s mainly why I’ve been eyeing up this cup holder arm rest for some time but never got because I didn’t want to completely delete them.
Lol.

I'm guessing a lot of us have adjusted our shifting method when we have something in the cup holders.

It has been common on so many cars that I've driven that I don't think much about it anymore. It's just second nature.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
90% of the time I have my entire forearm arm resting on the console.

Good solution OP

I just think the actual cup holder is an eyesore.

Any other cup holder options?

OP
OP
TCornishIII

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1 [6MT]
I feel you on the eyesore, but imo that was the case for most cup holders. And I wasn't trying to "reinvent the cupholder" when there are cheap options available online.

It's a metal plate, so you can just attach any magnetic cup holder you want. Or even just drill into the plastic spacer and hard mount one.

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang GT Premium PP1 Manual
This is a must have. Is so much nicer to shift and rest your arm. I need a cup holder on the passenger side lol.
IMG_8236.jpeg

I may have to pick the drink holder up.
Really like these and are made by OP.

IMG_8295.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TCornishIII

TCornishIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1 [6MT]
The arm rest looks good. Definitely going to have to pick it up now.

And thanks for the shoutout 🙌

Sponsored

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Might need to change the thread title to “how do you shift?” lol because my forearm is firmly planted over the cup holders.

That’s mainly why I’ve been eyeing up this cup holder arm rest for some time but never got because I didn’t want to completely delete them.
I like that they had the foresight to line up the stitching seam with the console compartment lid/armrest!

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
OP, you could also angle the magnetic cupholder piece back some and double it as a small fire extinguisher holder if you go to the track a lot!!
Nice solution! I really like the seatbelt strap holder as well! Very detailed and factory looking. Regarding the seatbelt strap piece, is the body of it 3D printed?
The metal insert adds a factory touch. What did you use to cut out the metal piece and cut the running hoarse in with or did you have someone waterjet or CNC plasma cut it per your design?

I absolutely love seeing the little custom made pieces that people put the out of the box effort into coming up with and making!

Ken
Sponsored