Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
All that extra engineering and use of different material should cost what? Half of a GTD?
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m here @ my Ford dealer now - first DH I’ve seen in person. Gotta say I like it better in person than in pics. No hate from me, to each their own. The Bronco Raptor is badass too! Glad I live on a strict budget 🤣😂

IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpeg
How much for the DH

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
All that extra engineering and use of different material should cost what? Half of a GTD?
That's the deal. If you start at the very beginning of the project, instead of re-engineering inferior parts, then the actual cost is pretty small. It's as much of an issue of company culture as it is financial.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a 6 speed

IMG_2942.png
So close to $70k with gas guzzler . Still over $10k more than I'd pay for it.
Ford Interior and Exterior build quality is just not good enough in a Mustang to be asking these prices imo.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So close to $70k with gas guzzler . Still over $10k more than I'd pay for it.
Ford Interior and Exterior build quality is just not good enough in a Mustang to be asking these prices imo.
Ford has been putting the guzzler tax as a line item with all the other options, so it should be included in that price. The website doesn’t have a link to the window sticker so I can’t see the sticker to confirm that. Plenty of Mach’s had stickers in the mid $60’s.

Value is subjective and yeah you’re at BMW pricing here, but same could be said about Mach pricing compared to BMW (and others) at that time as well…

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Bumped into little brother at the dealer for service, 😮 wow what a beast, beautiful colour, lines and wheel setup is gorgeous, side by side makes my Mach 1 look not so intimidating anymore,
I noticed the dark horse headlights come with the nice light tint on them so of course I decided to go out and get it done myself, the last pic are the headlights with the light tint,,

IMG_2782.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg

tint
IMG_2816.jpeg

No tint
IMG_2753.jpeg
Thank you for that awesome pictures. Seeing the Mach 1 and Dark Horse together is pretty neat! We have a few orders for customers that we are waiting for, cannot wait to see them.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dark horse has what looks like a taller, squarer front end. I think that's why I don't like the S650 front end very much.

Is that just an illusion?

Sponsored

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ford has been putting the guzzler tax as a line item with all the other options, so it should be included in that price. The website doesn’t have a link to the window sticker so I can’t see the sticker to confirm that. Plenty of Mach’s had stickers in the mid $60’s.

Value is subjective and yeah you’re at BMW pricing here, but same could be said about Mach pricing compared to BMW (and others) at that time as well…
Yeah I couldn’t capture the entire sticker cause it was on the dash…the windshield under those lights produced a nasty glare.

I hopped back into my drop top (which I’m all in for $40k). Personally, I would have to be able to double the fun if I were to double the price. But I see why people love their Mach’s & DH’s.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
My opinion is from multiple people who have run both on various tracks that I personally talked to. Not a lot of talking heads out there I trust.

But again, it's just my opinion.
I have yet to see anyone post a lap time/video from a DH that verifies its faster, other than Lightning Laps and Throttle House. I don't believe there is even one DH lap time posted in the Road Course section of this forum unless I missed it. I'm heading to Road America this weekend and will see if I can get some lap times for comparison.

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
The dark horse has what looks like a taller, squarer front end. I think that's why I don't like the S650 front end very much.

Is that just an illusion?
Nope, not an illusion. And a huge reason I'm glad I walked away when they were demanding $10k over sticker to place an order. The grill is a huge rectangle, not integrated or blended into the front end at all, and the 2 ports on either side of the rectangle are accented in design to stand out... I guess so they look like horse nostrils. I can just see some 20-something engineers slapping each other on the back for how cool it looks and how sweet that it has all these sharp angles like some of those Hondas.

I think its an ugly front end, and I also hate (yes, hate) the 90 degree sharply bent tail lights. Smooth those creases and sharp lines, man. Make it all blend together so it fits and looks sexy. Nothing fits on the front or the back of an S650.

I dont care if its faster than my Mach 1. My 500 hp 427 Cobra replica is faster than a DH. And my modified Triumph Rocket 3 GT is faster than that.

I just think it's ugly.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ford has been putting the guzzler tax as a line item with all the other options, so it should be included in that price.
I don't agree. This has nothing to do with the cost of the car. This is something "we" voted for. I think everyone should be reminded every time they pay it. The requirement to pay this extra $10,000 is a conscious choice.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't agree. This has nothing to do with the cost of the car. This is something "we" voted for. I think everyone should be reminded every time they pay it. The requirement to pay this extra $10,000 is a conscious choice.
What I meant was, it should be reflected in the total amount shown on the window sticker because Ford itemizes it after the list of options selected. It shows up as a separate item so you can see the “tax” amount. But in this specific example, I believe it to be a part of the $66.5k total, I just can’t see the whole sticker to verify that as being accurate.

But it is absolutely reflected on the window sticker. Here’s the sticker of a GT500 currently for sale as an example.

IMG_3281.png
Sponsored