2019 Mustang GT Drag Pack

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I was going to say the same. Nitto 555rii's are out now and they're supposed to be awesome
My next rear tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP

devilboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll never understand this.

I don't get buying what is, in reality, a slow accelerating car, and trying to make it a drag-racer. But I guess with Mustangs, the after-market can make them anything their owners want them to be.

If I wanted fast in a straight line, I'd buy a used Tesla and upgrade the batteries and tires. That is fast.
Iā€™m not making it a ā€œdragā€ car, I prefer racing on roads. Obviously I know itā€™s not as fast as a Tesla Iā€™m just in progress of making it faster. Slicks on the back will help a lot with launching it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am on the street, thank you Iā€™ll check them out.
Discount Tire vendor sales is on here. he will get you a great price, order them, and have it shipped to your local discount. Poster on here went that route and is very happy with them

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I guess most of these people donā€™t go to the drag racing forums. I like to have a all around car capable of being a daily driver(street tires) drag race (drag pack) and open track (r888s or cup2). Most of the cars I have owned I always had three sets of wheels and tires. Tires are a pretty big equalizer.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I guess most of these people donā€™t go to the drag racing forums. I like to have a all around car capable of being a daily driver(street tires) drag race (drag pack) and open track (r888s or cup2). Most of the cars I have owned I always had three sets of wheels and tires. Tires are a pretty big equalizer.
Toyo r888rā€˜ā€™s will accomplish all 3 pretty well. They dead hooked until my last tune to 750.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I'm in my mid 70's and have had NHRA class drag cars for over 40 years. I bought my 19 PP1/A10 because I got tired of shifting gears in my 14 PPack Mustang. My 19, in bone stock form with Michelin Pilot AS's ran 11.93 at 117 in the quarter...almost a 4000lb Mustang. My 70 Maverick drag car ran 9.80's at 136 in the quarter and was 3200lb. My Maverick was drag only, and the Mustang, although 2 seconds slower is fun both on the strip/street and as corner carver. Having raced in the SCCA for a number of years, it's not always about a car that makes mega HP, it's also about the driver. Back when I grew up in the 60's and early 70's, there were less than a handful of cars straight off the showroom floor that could even come close posting the time my bone stock 19 PP1/A10 did. Granted today, a 2000hp street car isn't unheard of, and sure if you're bucks up, then go for it, nobody is stopping you. As for the stock Mustang, it's fun to drive and the street and on winding roads.
As for the OP that wants to put really sticky tires on his Mustang, unless you've got a blower or turbo, or some other form of power adder, if you put slicks/drag radials, or really sticky tires, there is absolutely no need...until you can get get in the mid to low 11's.
008.jpg

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You can buy used. In the end, if you really want fast, it just seems to me there's better ways of doing it. More to my point, I don't see drag racing as the Mustangs reason for being.

It's a GT car. That's what it's for. 2 people, space, pace and grace.
Hellcats cost more used than my brand new GT premium. Just sayin.
Sponsored