2019 Mustang GT Drag Pack

devilboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m looking to buy a drag pack for my manual 2019 GT Premium, what is everybody running? Any tips?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
What do you mean by “drag pack”?

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I thought that was a common term. It’s drag tires and skinny’s
It is just giving you a hard time, if no one replies try using the search there's probably dozens of threads discussing this.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'll never understand this.

I don't get buying what is, in reality, a slow accelerating car, and trying to make it a drag-racer. But I guess with Mustangs, the after-market can make them anything their owners want them to be.

If I wanted fast in a straight line, I'd buy a used Tesla and upgrade the batteries and tires. That is fast.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I'll never understand this.

I don't get buying what is, in reality, a slow accelerating car, and trying to make it a drag-racer. But I guess with Mustangs, the after-market can make them anything their owners want them to be.

If I wanted fast in a straight line, I'd buy a used Tesla and upgrade the batteries and tires. That is fast.
AWD Teslas aren't limited by their tires. And I haven't heard of anybody doing battery swaps unless it's on a wrecked one or something. Probably so expensive that you're rivaling a Hellion twin turbo kit for the Mustang. Fastest Model S I've seen ran mid 10s. You're right there with either E85/long tubes/full bolt ons or a very mild power adder and big and littles in a 2018+ 10 speed. Not to mention the actual cost of the Tesla being much higher. I don't think OP is trying to have the fastest car in the world, he probably just wants to maximize his efforts at the occasional drag night

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
New member post: Want to add turbos. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: You should do suspension and tires first, power will be useless without then.

New member Post: Want to add drag tires. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: Your car too slow, you need more power first

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
OP, vms and weld are two popular wheel brands with mickey thompson radials mounted on them.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
II don't get buying what is, in reality, a slow accelerating car, and trying to make it a drag-racer. But I guess with Mustangs, the after-market can make them anything their owners want them to be.

Not everyone can afford Hellcats and ZL1s and other high horsepower cars. Just because you don't have 700hp doesn't mean you can't drag race.

I also don't get buying what is, in reality, a bad turning car, and trying to make it into a road racer.

If I wanted a fast car around a road course, I''d buy a Viper ACR. That car is fast.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New member post: Want to add turbos. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: You should do suspension and tires first, power will be useless without then.

New member Post: Want to add drag tires. Suggestions please.
Mustang6g Replies: Your car too slow, you need more power first
lol yep. i've always been a proponent of modify your car to suit how you will personally use it. buy whatever you want. hell, now that I'm on E85 even my Indy 500s are useless on the street below like 60mph

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not everyone can afford Hellcats and ZL1s and other high horsepower cars.

Just because you don't have 700hp doesn't mean you can't drag race.
and he's forgetting about bracket racing too where consistency and launch is key. one time i made it to the final round at sonoma and was eliminated by an old land cruiser that ran a 21 second 1/4 mile LOL

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not everyone can afford Hellcats and ZL1s and other high horsepower cars.

Just because you don't have 700hp doesn't mean you can't drag race.
You can buy used. In the end, if you really want fast, it just seems to me there's better ways of doing it. More to my point, I don't see drag racing as the Mustangs reason for being.

It's a GT car. That's what it's for. 2 people, space, pace and grace.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
AWD Teslas aren't limited by their tires. And I haven't heard of anybody doing battery swaps unless it's on a wrecked one or something. Probably so expensive that you're rivaling a Hellion twin turbo kit for the Mustang. Fastest Model S I've seen ran mid 10s. You're right there with either E85/long tubes/full bolt ons or a very mild power adder and big and littles in a 2018+ 10 speed. Not to mention the actual cost of the Tesla being much higher. I don't think OP is trying to have the fastest car in the world, he probably just wants to maximize his efforts at the occasional drag night
There's some YT dude that got some Tesla, stripped it out, tires, and I think new batteries, and made it ridiculously fast in the 1/4.

My memory is shit, but that's what I remember.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can buy used. In the end, if you really want fast, it just seems to me there's better ways of doing it. More to my point, I don't see drag racing as the Mustangs reason for being.

It's a GT car. That's what it's for. 2 people, space, pace and grace.
But again, not everyone can afford all that you're saying. Just because you don't have a Hellcat doesn't mean you can't have fun going in the straight line.

I also don't get people roadracing a Mustang GT...I mean it's pretty slow on a crappy chassis and is really a GT car for pace and grace.

If you don't have a Viper ACR or 911 GT3RS, why are you even bothering going to a track day?
Sponsored