Sponsored

2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Where's a good place to buy lug nuts? With the rims I'm going to buy chrome won't look good. Black chrome or flat grey will look great.
Bought mine from LateModel Restoration as well as the redline hood struts and the 16 light tint kit.
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
To each their own.
This is true. :cheers: I have the PP and the 50th AP. If I only had the PP, I would likely want black lug nuts. Having both the PP and 50AP the chrome works.

I thought the same with the FRPP Exhaust w/Black tips...I opted to go with the chrome because of the 50AP even though my initial thought was to compliment the PP black wheels with black exhaust tips.

Be happy with your choice and please don't find my post negative. It was just to inform folks that subtle chrome touches works great if you have PP and 50AP. To each their own though...:cheers:

15mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
My biggest disappointment so far, Quality!!!!! My story:

[FONT=&quot]I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I took it to a local Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care (also worth noting, the dealership managed 12.6 MPG while in their care. I’ve been averaging 16MPG+ in normal driving around town.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Poor Paint Repair:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not in any way excusing the door alignment to the fender, but Ford Motor Co does not equal Ford Dealers. They are entirely separate entities.

Sponsored

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
I don't know if this is just an EB thing so anyone with a manual GT please chime in. I noticed just this morning when I push the clutch in the RPMs go from 750 to 1000. Can someone else try this. While stopped at a light or a sign look at the RPMs. Then push the clutch and see if the go up. I guess it does that to help start off in first. Kinda cool.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I don't know if this is just an EB thing so anyone with a manual GT please chime in. I noticed just this morning when I push the clutch in the RPMs go from 750 to 1000. Can someone else try this. While stopped at a light or a sign look at the RPMs. Then push the clutch and see if the go up. I guess it does that to help start off in first. Kinda cool.
It's normal, my EB Premium does it too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
My biggest disappointment so far, Quality!!!!! My story:

[FONT=&quot]I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I took it to a local Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care (also worth noting, the dealership managed 12.6 MPG while in their care. I’ve been averaging 16MPG+ in normal driving around town.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Poor Paint Repair:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Quality is my biggest disappointment thus far as well. I'm glad someone is bringing it up in this section of the forum.

My misalignments - Hood, rear window, trunk/rear fender.
Service issues - cat converter replaced and door panel plastic replaced.

It's the first car I ever bought so I'm learning as I go. Wouldn't have noticed the alignment problems had it not been for the forum. I'm just incredibly unlucky in terms of what needs to be replaced already. I baby all of my belongings.

I honestly recommend people to wait before ordering a 2015 Mustang until build quality is under control. I'm hoping Ford has something to say about it but they definitely won't.

Oh well, it's all a learning experience for me...

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Quality is my biggest disappointment thus far as well. I'm glad someone is bringing it up in this section of the forum.

My misalignments - Hood, rear window, trunk/rear fender.
Service issues - cat converter replaced and door panel plastic replaced.

It's the first car I ever bought so I'm learning as I go. Wouldn't have noticed the alignment problems had it not been for the forum. I'm just incredibly unlucky in terms of what needs to be replaced already. I baby all of my belongings.

I honestly recommend people to wait before ordering a 2015 Mustang until build quality is under control. I'm hoping Ford has something to say about it but they definitely won't.

Oh well, it's all a learning experience for me...
What's worse is that these cars are being shipped globally...a lot will not think very highly of American quality!

2c5s

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
I've put 5k miles on mine in 6 weeks, zero issues at all.

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
What's worse is that these cars are being shipped globally...a lot will not think very highly of American quality!
Most people are really happy with their Mustangs. There are individual cars that aren't up to snuff for every mass market manufacturer. I think it's reasonable to say that the severity of issues a few here have brought to our attention are isolated incidences. Let's not get carried away just yet.

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
So I discovered something Friday. I've got a GT Premium Auto 401A with collision warning and pretty much every option except for the 3.55. I was pulling into my garage, trying to figure out how much further I should pull in, slowly creeping it in when all of a sudden my lights flashed twice or so. I backed up about 3 inches and low and behold, my plastic cooler was in a different location, and had made light contact with the car. I went through the manual but couldn't find anything referencing this feature, so I'm not 100% sure that it's an actual feature or just a weird coincidence but it was something that definitely surprised me!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So I discovered something Friday. I've got a GT Premium Auto 401A with collision warning and pretty much every option except for the 3.55. I was pulling into my garage, trying to figure out how much further I should pull in, slowly creeping it in when all of a sudden my lights flashed twice or so. I backed up about 3 inches and low and behold, my plastic cooler was in a different location, and had made light contact with the car. I went through the manual but couldn't find anything referencing this feature, so I'm not 100% sure that it's an actual feature or just a weird coincidence but it was something that definitely surprised me!
Sounds like the forward collision warning from the adaptive cruise control option.

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
Sounds like the forward collision warning from the adaptive cruise control option.
Nah, that's a little red bar that shows up almost like a hud on the dash. I've had that go off once, when some asshat ran a redlight in front of me. I thought it might have been a parking aid, but I don't see anything referencing one in the front.

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
I just picked up my car yesterday so there is not much I can say one way or the other yet except............
The dang keyless entry fob is annoyingly large.
Seriously, what is with this thing?
This morning I was so annoyed that I put it in my coat pocket rather than pants pocket.

On the flip side, I am going to really like the start button once I get used to remembering to push it to start the car rather than searching for the correct (nonexistent) key on my key ring every time I get in the car.
Sponsored