2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

15mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
[FONT=&quot]My Story:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (Youtube video below).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]So I took it to a local Ford dealership after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care (also, the dealership somehow managed 12.6 MPG while in their care). I’ve been averaging 16MPG+ in normal driving around town. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Poor Paint Repair:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
[FONT=&quot]My Story:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (Youtube video below).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]So I took it to a local Ford dealership after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care (also, the dealership somehow managed 12.6 MPG while in their care). I’ve been averaging 16MPG+ in normal driving around town. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Sounds like somebody at the Dealership or Body Shop was pounding the shit out your car!

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
[FONT=&quot]My Story:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Call Ford Customer Service. Be polite, but tell them that their authorized representative (dealer) has botched your paint repair and damaged your transmission / transmission linkage, and that you'd like Ford to recommend a different dealer close to your location that has an in-house body shop to take over repairing your car. Tell them they can look at your paint issues on YouTube and that the multiple Mustang forums you belong to suggested calling Ford directly, because you do not trust the dealer you went to originally to fix your expensive car correctly.
That should get you some help.

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
Fremont Ford :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Nice. Hopefully I'll be getting in to a new Mustang this year.
GOOD GOD! After reading all these complaints from HAVC adjustments
to Start Button TOO BRIGHT to real screwups from the factory I am glad
I traded my 13 DIB V6 to a 14 RR V6 and just SKIPPED the GEN 6.
IF I HAD BOUGHT A 15 AND GOT SOME OF THESE PROBLEMS I WOULD
WRITE FORD AND DEMAND THEY TAKE BACK THOSE $9,000.00 BONUS
CHECKS FROM EACH EMPLOYEE THAT SCREWS UP.

I LOVE MY NON I CAR AND EVERY BUTTON CAN BE TURNED JUST LIKE
I WANT IT. I AM IN CONTROL OF OFF OR ON OR UP OR DOWN.

DON'T FORGET TO TURN DOWN THE AUDIO WHILE YOU USE YOUR
THUMBS ON YOUR I PHONE. IT WILL SAVE YOUR HEARING AND MAYBE
YOUR LIFE IF YOU PULL OFF THE ROAD TO I PHONE. NO JOKE!

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Sweet! You bought from Abdul! Let me know if you ever need any help!
Yeah sorry I forgot to mention his name, Abdul is awesome. As soon as he knew I was ready to get down to business, everything was as smooth and quick as possible! Thanks, will do!

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I was driving into a 20mph headwind while passing a semi at 80mph. All of a sudden, I noticed the hood of my EcoBoost coupe (non PP) fluttering.

I never felt like the hood would unlatch itself, but I was surprised to see / experience this.

I'm guess that a combination of things made this happen - aero turbulence from the semi, high speed, aluminum hood.

It was unnerving to have this happen

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I was driving into a 20mph headwind while passing a semi at 80mph. All of a sudden, I noticed the hood of my EcoBoost coupe (non PP) fluttering.

I never felt like the hood would unlatch itself, but I was surprised to see / experience this.

I'm guess that a combination of things made this happen - aero turbulence from the semi, high speed, aluminum hood.

It was unnerving to have this happen
Check the rubber bumps on either side of the hood-front to make sure they're raised properly to hold the hood in place. They're screw-adjustable and on early build cars were raised high enough to cause hood deformation on latching; if they're too low, you can get flutter.

Sponsored

15mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Call Ford Customer Service. Be polite, but tell them that their authorized representative (dealer) has botched your paint repair and damaged your transmission / transmission linkage, and that you'd like Ford to recommend a different dealer close to your location that has an in-house body shop to take over repairing your car. Tell them they can look at your paint issues on YouTube and that the multiple Mustang forums you belong to suggested calling Ford directly, because you do not trust the dealer you went to originally to fix your expensive car correctly.
That should get you some help.
I agree 100%. I guess I need to make some better Youtube videos, then maybe it'll get fixed right. Hopefully Ford will call me tomorrow ;) :)

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
My complaint so far is the chrome lug nuts with the black rims from the factory...really?

First mod was to install the black lug nuts which made it look 10x better.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
My complaint so far is the chrome lug nuts with the black rims from the factory...really?

First mod was to install the black lug nuts which made it look 10x better.
Where's a good place to buy lug nuts? With the rims I'm going to buy chrome won't look good. Black chrome or flat grey will look great.