Sponsored

2.9 whipple 2015 mustang suddenly became slow

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hello everyone, I was doing pulls and all of a sudden the car became slower than usual. I used to run like 6.6-6.9 60-130 now it’s 8.4. No check engine light. I dont know whats wrong with it. it drives normally just slow at wot, kinda feels as slow as my na gen 1 mustang. where should I start looking? Guys I did a compression test all cylinders tested 195-200. The check engine light issue from previous thread was spark plug gap. Belt was changed by shop because it was smoking/slipping and still feels slow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Can you data log it?

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Whipple tune? Make sure knock limiting is turned off

Nevermind, saw your other thread from May. Did you do a compression test like everyone else told you to do in the other thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mudhar17

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
all cylinders are good 195-200

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mudhar17

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Whipple tune? Make sure knock limiting is turned off

Nevermind, saw your other thread from May. Did you do a compression test like everyone else told you to do in the other thread?
Yes

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Im a simple man. Belt slipping? Is that a thing with those air forcification gizmos? Lol

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Your log shows a bit of knock for the entire run pulling 3 degrees of timing, but aside from that, you are absurdly rich by the end of the run. The lambda hits 0.62-0.68 by the end of the run. The initial timing and final timing after knock are both on the low side at around 13 degrees. I would call this a tuning issue if you didn't say that it used to run well.

I guess that's your old log from the misfire issue? Can you post a new log?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mudhar17

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Your log shows a bit of knock for the entire run pulling 3 degrees of timing, but aside from that, you are absurdly rich by the end of the run. The lambda hits 0.62-0.68 by the end of the run. The initial timing and final timing after knock are both on the low side at around 13 degrees. I would call this a tuning issue if you didn't say that it used to run well.
I will upload a new log but it’s actually adding 4 degrees of timing. -4. The car used to run fine no tune changes, I doubt it’s a tune issue I sent the logs to the tuner as well and they said it’s fine

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I will upload a new log but it’s actually adding 4 degrees of timing. -4. The car used to run fine no tune changes, I doubt it’s a tune issue I sent the logs to the tuner as well and they said it’s fine
Who is your tuner?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Boost leak?.. have a boost gauge?.. is it still hitting the same number as normal...

OP
OP
Mudhar17

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

I guess that's your old log from the misfire issue? Can you post a new log?
attaching the new log

Attachments

OP
OP
Mudhar17

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Boost leak?.. have a boost gauge?.. is it still hitting the same number as normal...
I dont have an actual boost guage but I have the stock one on the display (vaccum/boost) 2015 cars only and it seems normal same as it was before. how do you check for boost leak
Sponsored