Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Whatever man. I was just trying to provide legitimate information instead of having people thinking that information provided by car and driver was wrong.

I wasn't arguing. Pill was.

People obviously care or there wouldn't be over 500 pages of this.

Like I said before I just want real information and not false reports and just shared my findings.

In a thread about the Lightning lap no less.

At least I'm not shoving the fact that the new mustang is over 3 seconds slower than a 2013 1le at VIR.

I'm trying to compare a new platform to the mustang which is what I want to do.

You don't care then move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not arguing...

You placing your faith into a single publication...

Now, WE KNOW THE ATS-V IN THE TEST WAS NEARLY BASE CORRECT???

Please explain to me how a 3700lbs ATS-V sedan weighs 3809lbs on its FIRST SCALE???

Please explain in detail and please give your findings to the other guy.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Whatever man. I was just trying to provide legitimate information instead of having people thinking that information provided by car and driver was wrong.

I wasn't arguing. Pill was.

People obviously care or there wouldn't be over 500 pages of this.

Like I said before I just want real information and not false reports and just shared my findings.

In a thread about the Lightning lap no less.

At least I'm not shoving the fact that the new mustang is over 3 seconds slower than a 2013 1le at VIR.

I'm trying to compare a new platform to the mustang which is what I want to do.

You don't care then move along.

You're right. I don't care. But I will move along when the time is right. Oh noes....the GTPP is 3 seconds a lap slower than a 1LE. Whatever will I do with my life and my awesome GTPP?????? Sell for that ugly ass Camaro :lol::lol::doh:. No, I will upgrade my car with the thousands and thousands of Mustang parts that are available.

You are what I call the internet police. You have to come over here to set ThePill straight so all will be right in the world. Make use of your time in a more valuable way. Go help and feed the homeless. Volunteering at a community food bank, etc.

I just don't understand why posters like you get so wound up over what he posts? I bet you 10,000,000 bucks that 90%!of what he posts is to get a rise out of you all. You take the bait instantly. He just keeps reeling you all in on a daily and hourly basis. But hey, keep up the good fight so everyone knows "the truth".:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

You're right. I don't care. But I will move along when the time is right. Oh noes....the GTPP is 3 seconds a lap slower than a 1LE. Whatever will I do with my life and my awesome GTPP?????? Sell for that ugly ass Camaro :lol::lol::doh:. No, I will upgrade my car with the thousands and thousands of Mustang parts that are available.

You are what I call the internet police. You have to come over here to set ThePill straight so all will be right in the world. Make use of your time in a more valuable way. Go help and feed the homeless. Volunteering at a community food bank, etc.

I just don't understand why posters like you get so wound up over what he posts? I bet you 10,000,000 bucks that 90%!of what he posts is to get a rise out of you all. You take the bait instantly. He just keeps reeling you all in on a daily and hourly basis. But hey, keep up the good fight so everyone knows "the truth".:crazy::crazy::crazy:

No I don't have to set the pill straight. As a matter of fact the pill I believe is not the one who mentioned the car and driver lightning lap page. He just took it and ran with it.

I'm Not even going to respond to his last post, he is a waste of time. Which is why I stopped posting in here about a week ago.

You go upgrade your car with thousands of dollars. Thats your prerogative. Meanwhile whoever decides to go with a Camaro will do the same damn thing.

I can't believe you're in here telling me this crap and calling me the Internet police. Very hypocritical if you ask me.

You want to try and stick your chest out do it elsewhere.

I also can't believe you wouldn't want to know that information since everyone here was talking about it. Everyone including me was confused.

All I was saying is that there were two cars in the light in lap and that accounted for the discrepancy in price.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So I take it we are dropping the fact that the ATS-V is 3800+lbs then???

And let's hope you get what you think you paid for in performance...

If they can't be honest about simple weights, then they can't be trusted elsewhere...

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
So I take it we are dropping the fact that the ATS-V is 3800+lbs then???

And let's hope you get what you think you paid for in performance...

If they can't be honest about simple weights, then they can't be trusted elsewhere...
Do you come equipped with an off button? Seriously man, you need an intervention.

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

It's not arguing...

You placing your faith into a single publication...

Now, WE KNOW THE ATS-V IN THE TEST WAS NEARLY BASE CORRECT???

Please explain to me how a 3700lbs ATS-V sedan weighs 3809lbs on its FIRST SCALE???

Please explain in detail and please give your findings to the other guy.

I really don't want to respond to your post.

But that 3809 was in sedan form.

The coupe came in at 3794 with the automatic and almost every imaginable box checked in upgrades to have an as tested price at 76k.

Meaning it is very possible to get down to that 3700lbs.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Just would like you guys to know the ATS v sedan was put in the mustang group because it didn't have the track pack.

Also, the ATS v coupe was put in a higher class because it did and was an as tested price of 76k

Just got the magazine.

Also, the one that did have the track pack only ran .6 seconds quicker than the one without it.

Thanks for the clarifications. GM is really doing a good job with chassis tuning lately. I think Ford got it right with the GT350, but missed the mark a little with the standard GT/PP and EB/PP setup. The EB also needs a better I/C stock. I wonder if the Focus RS has one that works better and that Ford can drop in to improve performance when the Camaro debuts.

No matter who comes out on top performance wise, both Ford and GM (and FCA) are putting out some awesome cars these days.

-T

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Thanks for the clarifications. GM is really doing a good job with chassis tuning lately. I think Ford got it right with the GT350, but missed the mark a little with the standard GT/PP and EB/PP setup. The EB also needs a better I/C stock. I wonder if the Focus RS has one that works better and that Ford can drop in to improve performance when the Camaro debuts.

No matter who comes out on top performance wise, both Ford and GM (and FCA) are putting out some awesome cars these days.

-T

I'm pretty sure the RS has a revised inter cooler on it. It also has a revised cylinder head and a few other differences in the engine. A bit more robust. I'm wondering if the heads flow better than the Eco boost mustang. I saw where one of the vendors here ported theirs.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'm pretty sure the RS has a revised inter cooler on it. It also has a revised cylinder head and a few other differences in the engine. A bit more robust. I'm wondering if the heads flow better than the Eco boost mustang. I saw where one of the vendors here ported theirs.

Different heads, larger intercooler, bigger turbo.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I couldn't agree more. GM doesn't need to propagate lies in order to affect Mustang sales. All they need to do is keep building Camaro's that have great instrumented testing numbers but don't have broad appeal and Mustang sales will do just fine.

It's shaping up to be the late '90's/early 2000's all over again. Camaro puts down performance numbers that eclipse the Mustang performance numbers, sell them at a higher price and the fanboys claim superiority across the board. Of course, despite all that, the end result was the Camaro still getting outsold by the Mustang and production being shut down.

Until performance enthusiasts with a taste for been there-done that styling become the majority of people buying pony cars, i'm not in the least bit worried about the Mustang's future. Everything else is just juvenile chest-thumping and online/parking lot theatrics.
As a new Mustang owner and the first American car I have owned in 25 years (and I've owned 17+) Ill also add my opinion. I'm not biased by the old school "ford vs Chevy" BS.

Ford has actually produced decent cars over the last few decades. Not good enough for me to buy them, but good cars.

GM didn't literally almost completely dissolve in 2008 because of all the random things I have heard people say, they almost dissolved because their cars actually sucked real bad and had for some time. They had survived off the "I'm only gunna by 'Murican" for a *long* time and the cars in each and every various class have been dominated on by many different car companies (generally falling near the end of the lists). Even that logic didn't pan out since the most "American" car made today is a Toyota Camry.

Ford on the other hand has made decent cars and that is why it didn't bust in 2008.

The new Mustang is a true gem, one of a kind. It drawing people like me in who were focused on German and Jap cars in the past.

Frankly, I could give a rats arss about Chevy and a Camaro. I wouldn’t touch a Chevy with a 10 foot pole still. Besides a Vette, there hasn’t been a Chevy in 30 years of driving that I would even be remotely interested in. While Chevy has improved since 2008, their cars (wit h the exception of the Vette and only the Vette over the years since the C5) are still largely turds in my opinion.

I also have never understood the Mustang Vs Camaro thing. I have never seen them as direct competitor’s. The Mustang has largely always been a smaller sleeker/styled car and the Camaro a box. I worked with a guy who had a new Camero SS with some good perf items installed and while it was fun to drive in with him, I couldn’t *imagine* owning that thing.

So frankly I could care less if the performance numbers of a Camaro is better than a Mustang. I’m actually more interested in comparing it to my usual German/Jap sport sedans and frankly, I think this new Mustang does amazingly well… probably #1 in “bang for the buck” (ok, Ill say #2 behind the Z06)

But, this is just my opinion.

Zomies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK & 2010 Hyundai Accent
I think part of the reason GM sucked back then is because the people running it wanted huge profit margins over quality. Look at the c5 vette, it is nice but the interior was no better than my parents 97 Silverado.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I really don't want to respond to your post.

But that 3809 was in sedan form.

The coupe came in at 3794 with the automatic and almost every imaginable box checked in upgrades to have an as tested price at 76k.

Meaning it is very possible to get down to that 3700lbs.

The Sedan is the lighter of the two.
Sponsored