Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I love how you keep saying that GM is releasing lies to slow down Mustang sales haha. Kind of funny.
I couldn't agree more. GM doesn't need to propagate lies in order to affect Mustang sales. All they need to do is keep building Camaro's that have great instrumented testing numbers but don't have broad appeal and Mustang sales will do just fine.

It's shaping up to be the late '90's/early 2000's all over again. Camaro puts down performance numbers that eclipse the Mustang performance numbers, sell them at a higher price and the fanboys claim superiority across the board. Of course, despite all that, the end result was the Camaro still getting outsold by the Mustang and production being shut down.

Until performance enthusiasts with a taste for been there-done that styling become the majority of people buying pony cars, i'm not in the least bit worried about the Mustang's future. Everything else is just juvenile chest-thumping and online/parking lot theatrics.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Unless CD has stock in GM, I don't think GM had anything to do with placing the V in this class. I love how you keep saying that GM is releasing lies to slow down Mustang sales haha. Kind of funny.
Still doesn't change the fact it happened...

You just placed 100% of your faith into a farse.

It's dirty and for some reason, wherever there's some dirty sh!t, GM is usually involved.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
For sure. Kudos to GM for building a fast family sedan.
I'm still amazed nobody on that side is up in arms over this publication. To be one of the Top 3 magazine publications yet folly such a number as Price As Tested concerns me.

They obviously understood that it WAS NOT a $64,500 dollar vehicle. They also understood that it DOES NOT belong in the LL2 class they made up.

C&D obviously had NO IDEA 122mph in the 1/4 was fishy, nor the 120mph in 12 seconds from the acceleration test.

There is always a funk surrounding Test like these. There isn't an honest bone in the GM body...

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Oh please... hilarious, how hilarious! :crazy:

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
...and 9/11 was an inside job, there are aliens at Roswell, and the Illuminati rule the world...

Too much time on one's hands isn't good for the brain.

Viral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
It's shaping up to be the late '90's/early 2000's all over again. Camaro puts down performance numbers that eclipse the Mustang performance numbers, sell them at a higher price and the fanboys claim superiority across the board. Of course, despite all that, the end result was the Camaro still getting outsold by the Mustang and production being shut down.
5th Gen Camaro outsold the Mustang for 6 straight years

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
So you think that "little pause on production" didn't impact those numbers? I mean all the Camaro lovers went 7-8 years without being able to buy a brand new car.....it was not a huge difference in numbers, either.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
That should make up for the 8 years it's a$$ was in the grave :lol:

Did you know the 2015 Mustang is about to surpass the 2010 Camaro's sales pace??? In the last 6 months, the Mustang has sold 86,000 cars. In the last year, it's been 112,000. Remember, this is North America alone...

The 2010 Camaro sold 129,000 cars in a 16 month MY. The Mustang is at 112,000 in 12 months in North America.

We could see 150,000+ cars sold in NA from Jan '15 to Dec '15. Maybe another 20,000 worldwide...

The 5th Gen's initial sales numbers are being dwarfed in comparison...

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
How much in aftermarket suspension mods, would it take to make the new Mustang competent on the track..?

$1,800..?
Reason I bring this up, as nearly everyone understand the refinement that went into the new Stang, and the new clientele it is going after(BMW?). So knowing track junkies, would most naturally get stiffer spring/struts, etc.

The potential for the new Mustang is much greater than in the past. So what does stock tracks performance really matter,.so much as only a barometer.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
How much in aftermarket suspension mods, would it take to make the new Mustang competent on the track..?

$1,800..?
Reason I bring this up, as nearly everyone understand the refinement that went into the new Stang, and the new clientele it is going after(BMW?). So knowing track junkies, would most naturally get stiffer spring/struts, etc.

The potential for the new Mustang is much greater than in the past. So what does stock tracks performance really matter,.so much as only a barometer.
Well stated and very accurate:cheers:

SidewaysPete

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, 2014 5.0
Wait.....you claim to have a 2015 Mustang and a 1LE. Why don't you do it and while you're at it, show us some pictures of your 2015 Mustang with you in front of it?
lol there is no 6th gen mustang beating ken thwait's camaro. 5th gen camaros are dominating optima GT racing.

the 1le is the better-handling car. period. i've tracked both on the same road course in the same weather, and the 1le consistently places faster lap times(usually ~3 seconds difference). it's a lot more planted with better steering feel. even after the addition of IRS, the mustang is wild, loose and very tail happy. both interiors are trash, but who really buys these cars for interior? the only edge I give to the mustang is the coyote. give me the coyote all day.

btw that's a 2014 5.0 in the back incase you think i am biased towards one manufacturer.

both will be gone once my gt350 arrives.
1leand50.jpg

Last edited:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
lol there is no mustang beating ken thwait's camaro in a s550. 5th gen camaros are dominating optima GT racing.

the 1le better-handling car. i've tracked both on the same road course in the same weather, and the 1le consistently places faster lap times(usually ~3 seconds difference). it's a lot more planted with better steering feel. even after the addition of IRS, the mustang is wild, loose and very tail happy. both interiors are trash, but who really buys these cars for interior? the only edge I give to the mustang is the coyote. give me the coyote all day.

btw that's a 2014 5.0 in the back incase you think i am biased towards one manufacturer.

both will be gone once my gt350 arrives.
Sounds like real world results to me. In real world, what % on winning a race is the driver and the car that are equally set up?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
How much was Ken Thwait's Camaro, and how much has he put into it?
Sponsored