Sponsored

2015 5.0 and Ecoboost in this year's Car & Driver Lightning Lap

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Id be willing to bet when griggs finishes a kit for thw s550 it will demolish kens 5th gen. A s197 coyote with his kit would destroy it too with a worth of shit driver.
Sponsored

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
5th Gen Camaro outsold the Mustang for 6 straight years
With this argument, you should immediately buy yourself a VW Beetle or a Corolla, it has sold more then the Mustang and Camaro together.

Just because someone is stupid and buys a lots of Camaros dosent makes it a better car then the S550, but if you still think so you are at the wrong place, go back to your Cave and take that plastic pushrod crap with you and leave this forum!

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

Just would like you guys to know the ATS v sedan was put in the mustang group because it didn't have the track pack.

Also, the ATS v coupe was put in a higher class because it did and was an as tested price of 76k

Just got the magazine.

Also, the one that did have the track pack only ran .6 seconds quicker than the one without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Just would like you guys to know the ATS v sedan was put in the mustang group because it didn't have the track pack.

Also, the ATS v coupe was put in a higher class because it did and was an as tested price of 76k

Just got the magazine.

Also, the one that did have the track pack only ran .6 seconds quicker than the one without it.

$64,500 is still a lot more than the GTPP and they really aren't the same class except PTW IMO. Interesting that the TP only ran .6 faster. Were they ran on the same day as eachother?

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

$64,500 is still a lot more than the GTPP and they really aren't the same class except PTW IMO. Interesting that the TP only ran .6 faster. Were they ran on the same day as eachother?

Well on caddys website the track pack is nothing more than expensive carbon fiber splitters and composite rocker arms as well as a carbon fiber hood bent. That's it.

Pretty much a waste of money.

And as far as the ranking, that's car and drivers idea and nobody else's.

They did put the Alfa Romeo in there as well.

Sponsored

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Well on caddys website the track pack is nothing more than expensive carbon fiber splitters and composite rocker arms as well as a carbon fiber hood bent. That's it.

Pretty much a waste of money.

And as far as the ranking, that's car and drivers idea and nobody else's.

I agree, sounds like a waste of money to me too.

BTW I wasn't saying you agreed with the grouping.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
I agree, sounds like a waste of money to me too.

BTW I wasn't saying you agreed with the grouping.

Wasn't trying to sound hostile. Lol.

I will say this answered the big question on this thread as to why or why not GM would do something when in fact they did not.

It's not really misleading.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wasn't trying to sound hostile. Lol.

I will say this answered the big question on this thread as to why or why not GM would do something when in fact they did not.

It's not really misleading.

The package deletes equipment and adds in a low mass battery as well as MRC. The package adds CF and aero as well.

It was originally advertised the Track Pack reduced the weight by 33lbs. I'm not sure all of that made it.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Just got the magazine.

Well, they sure the hell took pictures of a Track Pack ATS-V. That makes sense now as to why the MSRP was so low.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS

The package deletes equipment and adds in a low mass battery as well as MRC. The package adds CF and aero as well.

It was originally advertised the Track Pack reduced the weight by 33lbs. I'm not sure all of that made it.

It only removes the carpet front and rear floor mats, tow hook, and tire inflator kit lol.

Hardly anything to write home about.

The track pack is nothing more than the carbon fiber pieces and the low mass battery.

It basically provides you with the performance data recorder and nav.

It does NOT add the MRC.

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Well, they sure the hell took pictures of a Track Pack ATS-V. That makes sense now as to why the MSRP was so low.

No they didn't. If you actually look at the pictures and the article they have both the coupe and the sedan in them.

The sedan does not have the track pack and the coupe does.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Which now brings to question on just how bad will the Camaro hurt the mustang in next years lightning lap and reviews.

Because as of now even without the MRC equipped you are looking at a very formidable opponent.

Btw, brake size for the Camaro and ATS-V are near identical.

Front rotor being the only difference at 13.6 vs 14.6.

And as noted there will be a brake upgrade from there.

It will be interesting for sure.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Which now brings to question on just how bad will the Camaro hurt the mustang in next years lightning lap and reviews.
Who cares????? Only 20 people on this forum care. It's the same ones that keep arguing over the 2 cars (17 Camaro fans and 3 Ford lovers). Probably one of those folks will track their car. All hyperbole and magazine racing.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Who cares????? Only 20 people on this forum care. It's the same ones that keep arguing over the 2 cars (17 Camaro fans and 3 Ford lovers). Probably one of those folks will track their car. All hyperbole and magazine racing.

Whatever man. I was just trying to provide legitimate information instead of having people thinking that information provided by car and driver was wrong.

I wasn't arguing. Pill was.

People obviously care or there wouldn't be over 500 pages of this.

Like I said before I just want real information and not false reports and just shared my findings.

In a thread about the Lightning lap no less.

At least I'm not shoving the fact that the new mustang is over 3 seconds slower than a 2013 1le at VIR.

I'm trying to compare a new platform to the mustang which is what I want to do.

You don't care then move along.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Because as of now even without the MRC equipped you are looking at a very formidable opponent.

Btw, brake size for the Camaro and ATS-V are near identical.

Front rotor being the only difference at 13.6 vs 14.6.

And as noted there will be a brake upgrade from there.

It will be interesting for sure.

I think a better question is...

Will the Camaro perform as advertised or will it be another real world let down?

I'm thinking with silly 245's and 13 inch rotors on maybe 3800lbs...

It's gonna sh!t itself...
Sponsored