This actually might be my first and last Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What does that have to do with anything?
Because with price you get A+ service. This is a generic American car. As stated, Aston Martin (or the cars I mentioned)- they'll bring a car carrier and pick it up. A++ service becuase it's a high priced luxury automobile. Ford, not even close- be happy to get timely competent repairs. It was no secret Ford is not a luxury car brand to everyone before buying a Ford.

OP wants them to store the car until they get to it (subject to any damage that god forbid could occur during that time storing it) and then let him know, solely because it is "too inconvenient" to drive it in and sit and wait like everyone else would it have their cars looked at; and it takes no more than an hour to diagnose an issue if there is one.

If I was the dealership I would not want to hold a car for days for no reason either. Things happen and the dealership is liable for the damage (or theft) while storing the car. Dropping off in the morning and coming back in the evening is one thing; leaving it there for days just sitting is storage space the dealership has to use for no reason- the car isn't immobile or under repair which are taking up the shop space. A lot of dealerships, especially in city settings, have very limited storage space for the shop.

There is no special reason OP needs this level of special attention other than being "too inconvenient" to "sit with the peasants" at the dealership getting their cars looked at. Everyone is treated equal, bring the car in and it gets looked at and diagnosed same day.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
i've never had a dealer no matter what the brand is that you can't drop the car off....
He wants to drop it and leave it for a week... that's much different than dropping it off and picking it up that afternoon (or when then complete the work).

As someone else mentioned, that's an unreasonable expectation to have of any dealer.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
It depends on where your located. Our local Ford dealer is usually good, you do have to stay on them, but they took my f150 in for a week while I was gone on vacation. They fixed the problem and parked it til I got back. My F150 had the terrible gas Mileage issue. New spark plugs fixed it. But the dealership should attempt a compromise, and you should as well.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
What I normally do if I have an issue where it does it first thing in the morning, I drop the vehicle off after work take a loaner home. The next day after work I pick it up, unless it isn't fixed.

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Because with price you get A+ service. This is a generic American car. As stated, Aston Martin (or the cars I mentioned)- they'll bring a car carrier and pick it up. A++ service becuase it's a high priced luxury automobile. Ford, not even close- be happy to get timely competent repairs. It was no secret Ford is not a luxury car brand to everyone before buying a Ford.

OP wants them to store the car until they get to it (subject to any damage that god forbid could occur during that time storing it) and then let him know, solely because it is "too inconvenient" to drive it in and sit and wait like everyone else would it have their cars looked at; and it takes no more than an hour to diagnose an issue if there is one.

If I was the dealership I would not want to hold a car for days for no reason either. Things happen and the dealership is liable for the damage (or theft) while storing the car. Dropping off in the morning and coming back in the evening is one thing; leaving it there for days just sitting is storage space the dealership has to use for no reason- the car isn't immobile or under repair which are taking up the shop space. A lot of dealerships, especially in city settings, have very limited storage space for the shop.

There is no special reason OP needs this level of special attention other than being "too inconvenient" to "sit with the peasants" at the dealership getting their cars looked at. Everyone is treated equal, bring the car in and it gets looked at and diagnosed same day.
Man you're clueless. For my generic car and my wifes Nissan Juke, both dealers have let us drop off our car. With the Juke, you must think of it as a Goodwill car, they gave her a loaner because the weren't going to be able to get to it for a few days. It's not about how much your car cost, its about customer service. Some dealers are good at it, some not!!!

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
So you're mad they wont take your car early and store it until they service it? Uh why the heck do you think youre somehow entitled to drop your car off days before your service? Thats not how it works. What the fudge? Just drop it off the day of your service like normal people and dont worry about replicating the problem.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Man you're clueless. For my generic car and my wifes Nissan Juke, both dealers have let us drop off our car. With the Juke, you must think of it as a Goodwill car, they gave her a loaner because the weren't going to be able to get to it for a few days. It's not about how much your car cost, its about customer service. Some dealers are good at it, some not!!!
Again read the first post. OP wants to LEAVE the car there for no reason other than too lazy to sit and wait for it to get looked at. This is NOT a repair, it is maybe an hour of diagnostic; its there is a problem at all!

You're talking about 2 totally different scenarios. Dropping off for scheduled repair service vs. asking the dealer to store your car on their lot for days until they look at it to even diagnose it if there is even a problem.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've dealt with several Nissan, Honda/Acura, and Subaru dealership service departments before jumping to Ford. Ultimately, they are all the same... which is why I try never to utilize them and do my own work (sometimes on my own, sometimes with fairly handy friends).

Within a couple days of purchasing my car, I discovered that my AC did not work at all. I begrudgingly returned it to Ford so that they could fix it. When i got the car back two days later, I inspected the engine bay and discovered that I was missing several plastic fasteners for the battery cover and other items, that luckily I took a picture of when showing off the engine bay to friends. I complained to the service department and you know what they did. They went to an unsold Mustang and ripped them off of that one to make me happy.

I was an aircraft maintainer for 10 years in the Air Force, and one thing I can tell you, if stuff doesn't look right on the surface, you will doubt the integrity of the maintenance performed that isn't visible to the naked eye. The same holds true for how I feel about the cars I purchase.

I won't even let those jokers change the oil on my baby. If it ain't their car, and the sale has already been made, they don't care.

Sponsored

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
OP, I am 110% on your side. Returning for service is one of those small things I didn't take into consideration when leaving BMW. Silly me, I thought ALL service departments, regardless of brand, wash your car after service and were respectful when you drop off/pick up.

Not the case with ford stores around here. Service writers call me dude/bro/man, no sir or Mr. Adams. Takes forever to get my car pulled up, as they stand around talking or eating. And then I get the car back, covered in fingerprints and smudges and footprints on the mats, even on the passenger side, which makes me feel that two techs went out, likely joyriding.

I have a 4 series on order and stuff like this is why I can't WAIT to get back into premium brands, since they know and understand how to treat customers. They want you for life, quite unlike ford obviously. I don't expect an ass kiss, just simple respect.

Last edited:

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
If nothing else work you can contact Ford regional manager here on this forum

Daffyduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
Why don't you take a video of the car and the noise then show it to your dealer.

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
OP, I am 110% on your side. Returning for service is one of those small things I didn't take into consideration when leaving BMW. Silly me, I thought ALL service departments, regardless of brand, wash your car after service and were respectful when you drop off/pick up.

Not the case with ford stores around here. Service writers call me dude/bro/man, no sir or Mr. Adams. Takes forever to get my car pulled up, as they stand around talking or eating. And then I get the car back, covered in fingerprints and smudges and footprints on the mats, even on the passenger side, which makes me feel that two techs went out, likely joyriding.

I have a 4 series on order and stuff like this is why I can't WAIT to get back into premium brands, since they know and understand how to treat customers. They want you for life, quite unlike ford obviously. I don't expect an ass kiss, just simple respect.

Group Hug....:ford:

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Status
Not open for further replies.