OP
OP
Dan2023

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The difference is actually 20% fuel trims with the sleeve removed. I know this because it is my chubby thumb in OP's original post photo, and me and Wengerd tested it out.
Thanks for the use of the picture and your thumb as well, appreciate it
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Thanks for the use of the picture and your thumb as well, appreciate it
Sure. My thumb gets used for lots of stuff on the internet

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Ruby Red - 1st Mustang
And you know this how?

Insider contact at Ford?

Cause I’ve seen a couple of hints to the contrary quoted on these pages. No, I don’t have the quotes handy but they aren’t hard to find.
No, I haven’t seen those posts. I’m just going off what has been said by press and journalists about the change.
I would interested to see if a tuner can tell the difference between files from each year based on the tune data.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
no way it's 20%
It is very likely 20% if the sleeve is removed. I went from the M1 intake tube to the GT350 tube and my trims were +20%. The difference in the inner diamter of those tubes is 8mm.

I will also say the intake noise from an aftermarket filter, GT350 tube, and Soler ported TB is fantastic.

I have no idea why there is such hate for removing the carbon trap. Its free horsepower.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I hate the way this thread is going )=

something was changed in the car
Somebody felt it

Carbon trap has brought much sadness it has )=

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
It is very likely 20% if the sleeve is removed. I went from the M1 intake tube to the GT350 tube and my trims were +20%. The difference in the inner diamter of those tubes is 8mm.

I will also say the intake noise from an aftermarket filter, GT350 tube, and Soler ported TB is fantastic.

I have no idea why there is such hate for removing the carbon trap.
Its free horsepower.
Take note of the model year of the Mach 1s owned by many of the haters. It’ll become as obvious as a diamond in a goat’s butt walking uphill!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
No, I haven’t seen those posts. I’m just going off what has been said by press and journalists about the change.
I would interested to see if a tuner can tell the difference between files from each year based on the tune data.
That would be interesting!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
LOL @ haters. So... +8mm is 20hp. You honestly believe that ?
If you do then going from a stock 98mm 18+ w/carbon filter, restrictive air filter, air intake to a 120mm PMAS +22mm will net you a 88hp increase.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
How is this thread 7 pages now? Pretty simple remove it to get your 10 CRANK hp back (keep the sleeve in will ya?). end of story. :like:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's only free if the trims don't go over the reasonable bounds. If a tune becomes advisable it becomes VERY expensive. As much as 20 HP is still such an irrelevant and miniscule number I still wouldn't breath hard even if a bag of Skittles blew out my exhaust on every startup.

The way some of you cream your shorts over a laughable number, you'd think you scored with Scarlett Johanssen.

Sponsored

chuckhammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT, Carbonized Gray, MT82, base, no options.
Yeah, the sleeve isn't the source of the peak power loss. It's the carbon filter itself.

The sleeve is only pertinent to accurate fueling since it's tied to the mass air flow calculation. Short term trims can apparently make up for that. Nothing to do with peak power, though.

chuckhammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT, Carbonized Gray, MT82, base, no options.
Remove all the blockages but leave the sleeve in place. No tune needed.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
LOL @ haters. So... +8mm is 20hp. You honestly believe that ?
If you do then going from a stock 98mm 18+ w/carbon filter, restrictive air filter, air intake to a 120mm PMAS +22mm will net you a 88hp increase.
I assume you arent referring to me. I didn't say anything about hp. The long term fuel trims were +20%. Fact. Theres at least 2 of us that have seen that.

I dont think anyone would ever assume there is a linear relationship between intake tube size and HP on an NA Coyote

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
dont think anyone would ever assume there is a linear relationship between intake tube size and HP on an NA Coyote
Some idiot cai vendor has been selling something like 120mm for years and it still does sweet f'all.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Some idiot cai vendor has been selling something like 120mm for years and it still does sweet f'all.

Might help on a big PD supercharger i suppose. It surely does on LT4 and LT5 applications.

My main issue with where this thread has gone is the hate for doing it or acting like you need track times to prove it. Its free and takes 5 minutes. I dont care if its 6 hp or 18 hp or if i feel it. They all add up. Im gonna do lighter wheels and 2 piece rotors and a CF driveshaft and a lighter crank pulley too. That adds whatever it adds. It will definitely make for a more efficient machine.
Sponsored