Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
After renting a vibrating 2016 Mustang 4 cyl. Convertible in California last month with the dreaded vibration issues, I rented another one in Ft. Lauderdale this month. January 2016 build, 2100 miles, 4 cyl. Convertible. Guess what..the dreaded vibration problem was very evident! On this one it started at about 40 mph, started to blur to rear view mirror at 45 mph, shaking it so bad that you could easily FEEL the vibrations with a hand. Turned into an obnoxious fluttering boom noise around 50 to 65, then got better at higher speeds. This sample also had the air bag warning light on constantly, and an inoperative trunk light!

Ford has really dropped the ball on quality on this new model. Incredible to me that they can't stop building cars with the vibration issues. My 2014 v6 has no such issues, so don't tell me it's due to being a sporty car. How can they put out crap like this for over a year, and act dumb about what the cause is? Counting a test drive I'm 3 for 3 on vibrations on these. I wonder if ANY of them don't vibrate? Sad.
Rental agencies aren't even permitted to rent out vehicles with illuminated airbag lights on, it's a safety issue.

You're obviously nothing more than a troll, go back to your Civic forums. Nice try.
Sponsored

15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red GT 6 speed
Yes they said that they are replacing the whole diff. There is a lack of parts for these and the only way to get it is the whole diff. According to the dealership. I'm not holding my breath on this fix. Hopefully the car will be done tomorrow and I can update you guys. And they said they tore the diff. Apart and found a faulty bearing. But hell who really knows what they've actually done haha

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Rental agencies aren't even permitted to rent out vehicles with illuminated airbag lights on, it's a safety issue.

You're obviously nothing more than a troll, go back to your Civic forums. Nice try.
They SHOULDN'T have rented it that way, but I'm sure they weren't aware of it. In fact the airbag warning light on the dash is so small lots of renters wouldn't even notice it or know what it means. I own no civic, I do own a 2014 Mustang and was seriously considering trading up to the newer model. I'm posting my experiences with the new model here. After driving 3 of 3 with vibration issues, I'm holding onto my 2014 a while longer. I hope they resolve this issue in what's otherwise a mostly improved vehicle vs. mine. I find your response to my post insulting. Seems like you can't stand hearing that Ford is building a junky new model. Consumer Reports readers rated quality as much worse than average, and owners reported a high level of driveline issues. Hmmm

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Mine going in Tuesday for the same issue.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes they said that they are replacing the whole diff. There is a lack of parts for these and the only way to get it is the whole diff. According to the dealership. I'm not holding my breath on this fix. Hopefully the car will be done tomorrow and I can update you guys. And they said they tore the diff. Apart and found a faulty bearing. But hell who really knows what they've actually done haha
Yup same here, same thing they told me. Lets pray this resolves the problem, I should have the car back today hopefully

Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dropped mine off today and we verified the issue. They swapped wheels and tires from another GT and it was still vibrating. So now they are hooking up the vib equipment and starting the task of finding the issue. I did direct them as stated in this thread and so far they seem very proactive. Time will tell!

UncleSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow 6MT GT PP
Small world - I dropped mine off yesterday at a dealer in the same area in WI for diagnostics on the 65mph vibe. It's not bad, more of a 'drone' than a major vibe, but it's consistent and noticeable.

The dealer and Ford customer care were saying they had to wait (~2 weeks) for the local tech in Chicago with the vibe equipment/tools to schedule a visit. Sure wish they'd get more techs / tools deployed...

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
FordTechOne......does the safety issue include selling cars with unsafe airbags?....I see lots of 13/14 for sale (including my 13 Boss) at Ford dealers without the "airbag safety issue" remedied.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Let me know how it goes!!! Good luck :cheers:
So bad news still, they rebuild the diff and the noise were still there. At least the service tech at my ford dealer was honest about it which I appreciate. So now he told me there ordering a whole new complete diff for my car. I spoke to the service advisor today and hes still waiting on the part to come, so I probably wont have my car for another serveral days. Alittle frustrated right now but well see with the new diff :frusty:

Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small world - I dropped mine off yesterday at a dealer in the same area in WI for diagnostics on the 65mph vibe. It's not bad, more of a 'drone' than a major vibe, but it's consistent and noticeable.

The dealer and Ford customer care were saying they had to wait (~2 weeks) for the local tech in Chicago with the vibe equipment/tools to schedule a visit. Sure wish they'd get more techs / tools deployed...
They said its not the drive shaft as they tried a new shaft. Checking out the rear 1/2 shafts. I also told them to neutralize the exhaust to make sure its not part of the cause. ;)

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They said its not the drive shaft as they tried a new shaft. Checking out the rear 1/2 shafts. I also told them to neutralize the exhaust to make sure its not part of the cause. ;)
Have them check the differential as well, If you read the earlier posts in this thread the noise when away when the diff was replaced. In my case that's whats getting done as well. Hopefully resolves my hum noise at 65mph as well

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have them check the differential as well, If you read the earlier posts in this thread the noise when away when the diff was replaced. In my case that's whats getting done as well. Hopefully resolves my hum noise at 65mph as well
Will do, hopefully they get that from the ford engineer also.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They found vibration in the rear differential; :clap2: ordered a complete unit from ford. We'll see when it comes in next week.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I'm going in for my new driveshaft this Saturday. I'm not very hopeful, but you never know. Will report back. Could make it worse!
Sponsored