Sponsored

ZAINO products,,, your experience?

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Okay so I was looking for a glass product to remove very stubborn water spots.
Well I found ZAINO Z-12 glass cleaner and ordered it.
While on their site I browsed through all products, wax, cleaners, detail spray, etc,,,
I wound up ordering in addition to the glass cleaner Z-16 tire protectant, Z-AIO all in one for paint maintenance, Z-6 ultra gloss enhancer and some applicators.

I've been using Meguiar's products and just not satisfied.

Did I make the right choice?
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I used to run Zaino everything myself. Their Z2 and Z5 seemed to produce a pretty decent level of gloss - it was a "smooth" gloss and not a "sharp" gloss when it comes to reflection, if you understand what i mean. It gave the car a decent wet look. The main issue I had with Zaino is I had to dust the car twice a day, it was getting ridiculous. Of course, a paste or hard wax could be worse, but I've never actually used that over the years. I still use the leather cleaner, but I find myself needing to scrub the blue from my jeans from my red leather, not sure if something else would work better. I would use Z6 once or twice a week for maintenance if it didn't rain, but I'm not sold on Z8, I don't really see any additional gloss. I've never used Z-AIO, but I did buy their clear seal. It's easy to apply but doesn't shine up as nice as Z2 or Z5, plus I just can't see how it could possible last "9 months".

I personally moved to CarPro CQuartz UK and I'm much happier with how much cleaner and less dusty the car stays. I will say the Zaino had a better shine, but required at least twice the maintenance, plus my application every 4 months.

Just my findings over the years using Zaino on a few cars.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I love Zaino products! I've been using them for years.
I use the Z2 and Z8 and tire shine exclusively on the '13 Roush. This is 2 coats of Z2, one in 2013 and one in 2014. Always topped off with Z8. Detailed with Z8 as well. :thumbsup:
095346.jpg

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I found the Zaino detailer spray (Z-6) removed water marks from the paint great ... used to use Mothers spray detailer but it could never remove those water marks that the Z-6 removed. And it was a bottle about 15 years old too with some still left in it.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I used to be a big Zaino user back in the day. Rumor back then was Zaino was essentially the same product as Duragloss that you can get a lot cheaper at CarQuest stores.

Comparisons of the packaging and label design between the two was nearly identical. Some folks claimed Sal was buying the product from Duragloss.

This was several years ago and only speculation but the packaging even down to the steps of the products were eerily similar.

The big issue I had with Zaino was it appeared to attract dust. I still have some of their products and I even have some Duragloss and they seem similar to me.

Sponsored

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Zaino is hugely overpriced, you are paying for the privilege of being marketed to.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Way overpriced for what it is. It also attracts a ton dust. I used it on my yellow 2010 Camaro SS. It worked as described but required too much maintenance. I switched to Adams Polishes and thoroughly enjoyed their products. Easy to use and failry inexpensive at the time. The buttery wax could be applied in sunlight and easily wiped off. I bought several of their products in the gallon size; enough to last several years. I'm glad I did, since their prices have jumped up quite a bit since 2009.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Been using Zaino products since the late 90's.

Their products WORK, period. The products are super easy to apply, easy to remove and there's no white or powdery residues left like some other products. You also do not need to apply a lot of the product. I apply and remove using my Porter Cable 7424, using a variety of pads (and some mirror fiber towels).

The shine afterwards is really nice - nice enough that even after a rain, the body panels still look clean (even though they are dirty).

Definitely worth the $$$.

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
I've been a long time user of Zaino. There are other great products out there, some better, but I keep coming back to Zaino. The ease of application keeps me coming back. Cost is not any worse than any other products as a little goes a long way. I have have a 4 year old bottle of "Grand Finale" spray that is still going strong. By comparison, I need to buy Meguire's wheel cleaner by the 55 gallon drum.

OP
OP
HavasuCat

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping to see good results with their products. This is the first time I've bought any products not usually found in the local parts store.

For the record, placed my order on Monday and expected delivery is Wednesday.
Also bought something from Autogeek the same day and it's not showing up till next Wednesday, go figure,,,

Sponsored
OP
OP
HavasuCat

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My original intent was to find a product to remove nasty hard water spots. I just received my order yesterday, so this morning I tried out the Z-12 clear view glass polish, It works. Only did the passenger quarter window ( one of the worst for spots )but happy with the results. Now I'll do the entire car after next wash. And no white haze on the rubber molding!

Thanks ZAINO!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes sir!
They make a killer product. :thumbsup:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Zaino is hugely overpriced, you are paying for the privilege of being marketed to.
This.

Liquid Glass, FTW. I became a LG convert thanks to the GT500 forums and never looked back. Gets better with every coat.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Best ever since i started using it on a 05 GTO back in 06. Maybe other stuff is as good if i ever gave it all a chance.
Sponsored