Sponsored

Z/28 vs GT350R for real car people

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I noticed one idiot said over on Camaro6 that the crash was "intentional to test frame rigidity"...okay..not sure if it was sarcasm to be funny..but these prototypes cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, they're not just going to go bash one for funsies.
Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I noticed one idiot said over on Camaro6 that the crash was "intentional to test frame rigidity"...okay..not sure if it was sarcasm to be funny..but these prototypes cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, they're not just going to go bash one for funsies.
Yeah that guy was being a smartass lol. No one is going to wreck a 500k car to see if it passes tests haha.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch!!! Looks like the rear brakes locked up first. Glad no one was hurt.

Edit: I wish that they would have opened the hood though!
How does a car with ABS lock up the brakes like that?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What a piece of crap. Wrecking at Nurburgring.:lol:

In all seriousness. These test cars wreck all the time. I love how which ever side your rooting for gets excited to see a wrinkled fender during testing. Anyone that's ever pushed a car hard has wrinkled some sheet metal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Not sure. Crazy things happen. Loks like it could have been a failure of some kind.
Only the junk brakes of a Camaro would do that.... :D

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro

75Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bricklin 11 Fusion 15 200S 95 Trans Am
That could be it.

Dude I know right. Such a garbage car.
It reminded me of when some people I grew up with tried to do ebrake slides after watching one of the Fast and Furious movies...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Either a malfunction in the ABS. Hense the testing in the first place. Or ABS was completely turned off. Thought I saw a laptop in the video so most likely they were testing a driving mode that effected suspension and ABS. Who knows more speculation. That turbo V6 sounds a lot like a LT1 to me though.

75Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bricklin 11 Fusion 15 200S 95 Trans Am
Either a malfunction in the ABS. Hense the testing in the first place. Or ABS was completely turned off. Thought I saw a laptop in the video so most likely they were testing a driving mode that effected suspension and ABS. Who knows more speculation. That turbo V6 sounds a lot like a LT1 to me though.
Or Chevy was jealous of all the Mustang memes :D

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Looks like some sort of malfunction, there was no reason for him to even brake. Rear tires locked up before the front end even could dip, then the fronts. It was moving good though.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Once again the Camaro is simply trying to copy the Mustang (although they did one better by actually hitting the wall, while the Mustang just missed - but that's because GM was able to see the Mustang's failure there and correct it :) )

[ame]

There was a very slight whistle in some of the early passes on that crash vid, but it may have just been the wind. Not sure you can hear the S/C in the Z06 either though, so sound clues may not be very useful in determining the engine.

They must have been testing with the ABS off, which is interesting since the driver locked the rears first and then all four wheels before sliding off and hitting the wall. Maybe they were testing brake bias settings and got it a bit wrong. It did seem like ABS would have allowed him to steer away from the wall rather than sliding into it.

Car was moving well though, and sounds good. The rear loosed a bit bouncy on one of the passes, but otherwise it looked very planted.

Also, it looked like they had three test drivers in the car when crashed. Those back seats must be useful after all!

-T
Sponsored