pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
Hey guys,

I am not trying to start a debate here but just wanted to know what some peoples thoughts are on the v6 model of the mustang?

I am considering buying one very soon. I drove the EB and didnt really like it too much. Kind of felt like I was driving a sedan But, I didn own the 2012 v6 which I loved!

What are your guys's thoughts? V6 owners if you guys could pitch in with your opinions and owner experience that would be great!
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I am not trying to start a debate here but just wanted to know what some peoples thoughts are on the v6 model of the mustang?

I am considering buying one very soon. I drove the EB and didnt really like it too much. Kind of felt like I was driving a sedan But, I didn own the 2012 v6 which I loved!

What are your guys's thoughts? V6 owners if you guys could pitch in with your opinions and owner experience that would be great!
If you can get a good deal, get the V6. With a manual transmission. And dog it. If you nothing breaks before the warranty runs out, you are doing something wrong. :headbonk:

That said, all of these will probably drive similar, given the weight of the car. To make the quantum leap, you probably need a V8 with a blower, and then you are talking $$$

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.7L will feel like the 2.3 EC as far as the "car". Do not see what you mean with it felt like a sedan?

If you want a S550 on the cheap, the 3.7L base is the way to go. If you ever see yourself getting the mod bug, get a EB or GT.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
What exactly does that mean?.. because you do realize that everything between these cars is exactly the same other than the engine right?.. so if the EB felt like a sedan to you I don't see how the V6 won't feel the same?

I drove both and I actually liked the EB better, it just feels stronger but it does die out on the top end.

To me the final decision came to:
Reliability vs. Modding, if you want a reliable daily that's bulletproof, get the V6. If you want max bang for the buck with tons of aftermarket support and are willing to take a chance, get the EB.

I really could go both ways because what I really want is a GT Lol.. but insurance prevents that so I figured I'd get a EBM due to the lower cost associated with it (alleged better mpg and lower insurance rates) while still getting to have some fun with it. (plan to do FMIC, tune and muffle delete, thats about it)

So uh.. I guess if I planned on keeping the car longer I would of gotten a V6, right now my plan is to trade it in, in 3 years.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
V6 is a great engine that has proven itself for years . I think Ford did it a disservice by not offering it with the premium trim. Driving my Ecoboost for a year, I gotta tell you, this car has great road manners and would make a great daily driver that gets good gas mileage. At 310 hp it can still get out of its own way with plenty of low end torque. Both the V6 and the Ecoboost are solid choices for being practical daily drivers that are fun to drive.
The GT with the Coyote V8 has got to be a blast to drive, but may not have that daily driver practicality that many people need.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I test drove the v6 and liked it better than the EB. I purchased the EB since the vert 2015 model EB only could be had in premium.

The EB only comes alive after a tune, to be honest. Once you get the tune, you will be very happy with the EB. If you don't want to potentially ruin your warranty with a tune, get the V6.

But I agree, the stock EB leaves a lot to be desired...

Far as the V8 comments, don't get baited... if you want a V8, get that (they sound great). Many great reasons to get the V6 or EB...

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I should rephrase what I said. I meant it sounded like a sedan. Felt was totally the wrong word.

Personally I would love to get the GT but I live in Calgary where it snows pretty much 5-6 months throughout the year. Have that much power in the rear could be unsafe considering it would be a daily driver for me year round. Furthermore, I don't have the money for a GT (despite wanting one).

To be honest I am not the mod bug type. There are a few things I know I will do once I get it but they arent big. If I were to list them they are:

1. 19inch GT style rims
2. CAI
3. Toggle switches from Zack

And that is it to be honest!

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
V6 is a great engine that has proven itself for years . I think Ford did it a disservice by not offering it with the premium trim. Driving my Ecoboost for a year, I gotta tell you, this car has great road manners and would make a great daily driver that gets good gas mileage. At 310 hp it can still get out of its own way with plenty of low end torque. Both the V6 and the Ecoboost are solid choices for being practical daily drivers that are fun to drive.
The GT with the Coyote V8 has got to be a blast to drive, but may not have that daily driver practicality that many people need.[/QUOTE]

While my GT is not a DD, I see 25-27mpg with regular driving on the Interstate. If I baby it, I have seen 30+. Round town 20-21 is typical. That is pretty PRACTICAL.. :D

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I should rephrase what I said. I meant it sounded like a sedan. Felt was totally the wrong word.

Personally I would love to get the GT but I live in Calgary where it snows pretty much 5-6 months throughout the year. Have that much power in the rear could be unsafe considering it would be a daily driver for me year round. Furthermore, I don't have the money for a GT (despite wanting one).

To be honest I am not the mod bug type. There are a few things I know I will do once I get it but they arent big. If I were to list them they are:

1. 19inch GT style rims
2. CAI
3. Toggle switches from Zack

And that is it to be honest!
I could afford to get the GT and still went EB... the EB to me made sense to me since my only car. Great mpg, insurance much cheaper, etc... total ownership vs. slight performance difference in real world = made sense.

Unless they changed the tires, you WILL need new tires for snow. Even my EB can get away from me in a turn when it rains slightly (oil water mix).

The EB does sound like a sedan... I was out with some EB owners this past weekend and it was crazy how different the stock mufflers are vs. modified.

To be honest though, I like the stock mufflers. If anything, the "swoosh" sound of the EB sounds marvelous to me (if you do CAI, you will be happy with the sound)... much better than the noise of a loud muffler (okay, sure I'm almost alone in this... MY opinion :D ). I would have left my muffler setup stock (I have magnaflow mufflers), if I had to do over again.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
If only ford had the v6 with premium package as an option. *sigh*
Sponsored

Status