Sponsored

Would you trade for a Boss?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Nope as my 15 GT PP is superior to my 13 Boss 302 in everything but straight line speed. Keep your GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I think that SBY Boss is my old car. Did it have the original mufflers in the trunk ? That yellow can get old after awhile. Just a little to much bling for me. Loved the way the car drove and sounded. A black one will run you over $40K. Laguna Seca model.
Didn't look in the trunk, so I'm not sure. That's the one thing about the Bosses I don't like, the colors and stripes all scream, "Hey Mr. Police Officer, over here!"

I was tempted largely because the car would not really be a DD. I currently split my driving between my mustang, my Bronco, and my wife's BMW X3

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Trade for a Boss 302?

That would be like trading Windows 10 for Vista. What a deal to give up all advances!

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Maybe if it were for a Black Laguna Seca.

That would be the only Boss I could step into and not feel guilty.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I never feel nostalgic. Newer cars have it all over their older models.

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
No, I would not trade even up a 2016 GT for a 2013 boss. Out with the old, in with the new.

But, I would consider buying the Boss as a second car to hold on to. In 10 years. you would wish you had the boss more then the GT.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nope

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This is going to sound really "trim shallow"...if that's a term..

Your GT will never be a Boss..and it looks like Ford isn't going to bring the Boss back anytime soon. Once those Boss's are gone...they're gone.

If you're going to mod the Boss, just keep all the stock components and don't make any really hard changes (IE cutting body panels/mounting points)

If it were me..I'd get the Boss, get this suspension kit with the torque arm..

http://cortexracing.com/product/xtr...ystem-street-complete-2005-2014-s197-mustang/

And go kick the ever living crap out of any Camaro or GTPP you come across.

Then if you want to sell it or turn it into a collectable...just revert it to stock, sell the suspension kit to another S197 owner and go forward.

Win/Win/Win.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Trade for a Boss 302?

That would be like trading Windows 10 for Vista. What a deal to give up all advances!
Yeah, it would mean giving up the new niceties like heated,cooled, power seats, better interior, IRS, and new body style.

But as someone mentioned, in 10-20 years, a Boss will be collectible. Not to mention it is a bit quicker and meaner, even if it is a little more crude.

Also, since the new GT350 just hit, and the S550 platform is still young, buyers will probably overlook a used boss, keeping entry prices low.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I'm in Canada ....and looking to go Guard PP 2016

Sponsored

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
And trade my SBY Boss

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
And trade my SBY Boss
I saw your other thread. Have you driven a 15/16 yet? I wonder how the experience compares between the two. The S550 is great and I love mine, just think the Boss is more unique and probably has a bit more character.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I never feel nostalgic. Newer cars have it all over their older models.
This all the way. I've always been the type to trade up when something "better" or "improved" came out. It's an expensive hobby but that is part of being in the performance game. It's similar to how once you start modding it's kind of hard to stop because you can always make it better. Never satisfied and everything is a constant project/upgrade/start over with something new. :p

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
This all the way. I've always been the type to trade up when something "better" or "improved" came out. It's an expensive hobby but that is part of being in the performance game. It's similar to how once you start modding it's kind of hard to stop because you can always make it better. Never satisfied and everything is a constant project/upgrade/start over with something new. :p
I traded up from a '12 to '15 and that was the shortest time I'd kept a car bought new. Typically, I hold on the cars for longer. Course it could be that the 'bug' is just late onset with me.

However, looks like I snoozed to long on the pair of Bosses that inspired this thread, no longer on the dealer website so I assume they've been sold.

Still, if I decide to do it, I'm sure I could find one for a little while yet.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I came from this GB Boss 302. It was tuned, on BMR's, quad GT500 conversion, no resonators, and open side pipes. The car was a blast to drive, revved to 8k effortlessly, and sounded amazing. The downside was the clutch/tranny of which both were not in favor of spirited driving above 7k rpm's. I drove it daily on the stiffest setting and was an onramp warrior. The car would just go where ever it was pointed. In the end, I needed tires/brakes and really could use a clutch to support the high rpm shifts. With the amount of $$$ needed for these items, I started getting the bug to build the 16' that I have now....of which quickly took over. I don't miss it nearly as much as my Comp Orange Terminator that I sold years back, but on some occasions miss the sound and nimble handling.

Sponsored