Sponsored

Would you trade for a Boss?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Was at my dealer for an oil change and they had two Boss 302's on the lot. A school bus yellow and a red one. Both with under $7K miles priced at $32k and $38K respectively.

Would you be tempted to trade? I was, a little because:

1. The Boss is a special edition with much lower production numbers and will hold more value. These were both worth more on the used market than my brand new GT, and I only have 6K miles.
2. The Boss is only slightly quicker than our cars, but has a much more visceral, raw style of performance. Side pipes!

On the other hand:
1. Although I still do like the looks of the S197 Boss, the S550 is a better looking car to my eye. Mine is in Magnetic, so it doesn't quite scream out to law enforcement like a yellow or red boss with "go fast" stripes. I like more subtlety, maybe if I could find a Black one with black stripes.
2. The Boss Interior seems a little dated and chintzy now, but that's kindof a nitpick considering.
3. My previous car was a 2012 GT so I know I would miss some of the refinement and amenities of the S550.

Ultimately, I just stared at the Bosses for a while and went home. Still, I was tempted...
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would trade mine for a 1969 Boss.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
If you're keeping your vehicle stock, I would trade. The character of the Boss outshines the interior quality deficit ('13MY boss only as it comes with bluetooth, lcd screen between the gauges, and usb) especially with the red key cam lope. The adjustable suspension also helps with daily driving, as you can set it to soft for trips, somewhere in the middle for daily, and set it to 5 for when you're on track duty or spirited driving.

An exhaust and a good tune of a new s550 gets the character and fun to drive ratio closer to the boss. The sound of a Boss with those quad pipes is pretty intoxicating though.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I would trade for a 429.

Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Buy both, spend as much money as you need to. Wait 20 years, pay insurance, pay for garages, and then sell them when the only car permitted on the road will be electric or Hydrogen cars. Of course, you will not be able to use any of the money during that 20 years. So post photos when you buy them.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I feel the same OP. I would keep what you have, the 2015 makes for a better DD

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I would not trade my Boss for a new Mustang with the exception being a new GT350. I really like the '13 look better than the new style, but the new one is growing on me. I like it from the back view best.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Sponsored

Joextee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO S550 GT PP
I would highly consider trading for a low mileage 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Tempted sure but I could not go back to that interior.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I would highly consider trading for a low mileage 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302.
This Grabber Blue '13 Boss 302 just became available for sale (click here). Super nice! We sold it new. Customer just traded it in for a new GT350. This Boss has an LS rear wing, LS gauge pod, and Barton shifter. Original wing and shifter are included. Gentleman who owned it is a retired guy and it was never raced/flogged. He also traded in his wife's Kona Blue '12 Boss 302 at the same time (click here).

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I like the boss and regretted buying my 14 gt500 over just starting with the bosses 5.0 from the start. However im not sure id trade an s550 for a boss. If i could own both i would but i wouldn't trade The s550 version of the coyote is better and if things like nicer/modern interiors matter to you keeping the s550 is the no brainer.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Was at my dealer for an oil change and they had two Boss 302's on the lot. A school bus yellow and a red one. Both with under $7K miles priced at $32k and $38K respectively.

Would you be tempted to trade? I was, a little because:

1. The Boss is a special edition with much lower production numbers and will hold more value. These were both worth more on the used market than my brand new GT, and I only have 6K miles.
2. The Boss is only slightly quicker than our cars, but has a much more visceral, raw style of performance. Side pipes!

On the other hand:
1. Although I still do like the looks of the S197 Boss, the S550 is a better looking car to my eye. Mine is in Magnetic, so it doesn't quite scream out to law enforcement like a yellow or red boss with "go fast" stripes. I like more subtlety, maybe if I could find a Black one with black stripes.
2. The Boss Interior seems a little dated and chintzy now, but that's kindof a nitpick considering.
3. My previous car was a 2012 GT so I know I would miss some of the refinement and amenities of the S550.

Ultimately, I just stared at the Bosses for a while and went home. Still, I was tempted...
I think that SBY Boss is my old car. Did it have the original mufflers in the trunk ? That yellow can get old after awhile. Just a little to much bling for me. Loved the way the car drove and sounded. A black one will run you over $40K. Laguna Seca model.
Sponsored

Last edited: