Why wont I drive my Mustang

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Eh, I like to drive cars, not look at them. If you're just going to leave it in the garage, just put up a freaking poster of one and be done with it (way cheaper too).:coolphotos:
Sponsored

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
some of you are acting like your car is something special...There is somewhere around 150-200,000 S550 mustangs out there so your car is just a regular car I see no less then 5 everywhere I go
Your production numbers are a little off but...

Just curious,

How many Fox body Mustangs have you seen drive around lately?

Between 1979 to 1993 there were THOUSANDS of them produced.

Go find one that's not hacked up, looks new, drives like new or better. If you do find one that someone made it their "special" car you'll be happy and willing to pay the price for it. And thousands of other Mustang fans would agree.

In 2006 I bought a 90 Fox body GT that had 7,500 mile on it. The car was a time capsule. I paid a good price for it and when I sold it with 10,000 miles on the car a few years later I got just about all my money back on that car. Reason = Someone made their regular plain old Mustang "Special".

After that search, go find a 03-04 regular plain old Mustang Cobra. Ford made 19140 of them. Let me know how much the low mileage unmolested ones are going for. Its a 12 year old car. :thumbsup:

Some guys here will probably make their Mustang "Special". I can guarantee it will hold its value WAY more than your car that has been driven in all weather conditions with 100,000 miles on it. :D

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple cars. Living in the Chicago area if I couldn't afford a winter vehicle I wouldn't be driving a GT because it's far from a practical vehicle.

Just my .02 :headbonk:

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Your production numbers are a little off but...

Just curious,

How many Fox body Mustangs have you seen drive around lately?

Between 1979 to 1993 there were THOUSANDS of them produced.

Go find one that's not hacked up, looks new, drives like new or better. If you do find one that someone made it their "special" car you'll be happy and willing to pay the price for it. And thousands of other Mustang fans would agree.

In 2006 I bought a 90 Fox body GT that had 7,500 mile on it. The car was a time capsule. I paid a good price for it and when I sold it with 10,000 miles on the car a few years later I got just about all my money back on that car. Reason = Someone made their regular plain old Mustang "Special".

After that search, go find a 03-04 regular plain old Mustang Cobra. Ford made 19140 of them. Let me know how much the low mileage unmolested ones are going for. Its a 12 year old car. :thumbsup:

Some guys here will probably make their Mustang "Special". I can guarantee it will hold its value WAY more than your car that has been driven in all weather conditions with 100,000 miles on it. :D

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple cars. Living in the Chicago area if I couldn't afford a winter vehicle I wouldn't be driving a GT because it's far from a practical vehicle.

Just my .02 :headbonk:
I drove my '06 GT in five Chicago winters. No way my '15 GT ever will. I worked hard to make certain my Mustang is not a DD

:thumbsup:

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP

Sponsored

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
You should have gotten a Camero then..You wouldn't have All these problems. Enjoy you car before it out lives You.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
You sound like my fiancee. She bought her 07 Mustang GT with 6,900 miles on it in March of 2010. It now only has a little over 18,000 miles on it. She hardly ever drives it and since we only have a carport, it sits and gets pretty dirty.

My 14 GT has 20,600 miles on it in almost three years. It's not a DD and I don't typically drive it in bad weather and it does get stored during the winter. I have other vehicles that I also like driving and which I use during bad weather conditions.

My outlook these days since I'm getting older(age 49) is that there is no reason to try to save my vehicles for someone else to enjoy later on down the road.

Wayne

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I took delivery of my 2016 special order GT PP back in Sept 2015 I just rolled 900 miles. I cant bring myself to drive it daily if it rains or even a chance it stays in the garage. I know ts just a 40000 Mustang and not a 80000 collector car but I find it hard not to let it get dirty even though I get alot of enjoyment cleaning cars. My daily driver is a 2016 F150 and I wash is every week also so its not like it will stay dirty. Even my co-workers give me a hard time.
Any other slike this or am i just a damn nut case.
You just have to make yourself drive it and remember it's only a car. Or don't. It really doesn't have any impact on me.

But I can tell you that my philosophy is to use the car up and have my fun with it. I know it will sell for less if I drive it more, but what is money for other than having a good time? Set up your savings and retirement first, and then what's left over use it to have fun. Try not to feel guilty that your car is degrading over time. They all do.

People think I'm nuts for driving RWD cars in the winter. I finally did buy a second car and stop driving on the worst days in my GT350, but I'm not going to go 6 months out of every year without driving the fun car. Life is too short.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I don't get the whole....my car has not seen a drop of rain or won't drive in rain argument or when it's posted as a description for sale.

Pretty funny to me

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM

Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
My mother would say she wants to outlive her furniture so don't cover it with plastic. But I love my Mustang scratchless

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I purchased my 15 Mustang specifically as a daily driver because I fell in love with the design. It has been driven through two New England winters now (I only use my truck on the worst of days) and sits outside when not being used.

My 68 Barracuda occupies the garage and is only used in fair weather.
ForumRunner_20160520_163224.png

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
My last car a 2007 Premium V6 had 170,000 + miles and still looked as good as the day I bought it new. It was my DD.

Now my new ( used ) 2015 Mustang V6 has replaced the '07.
After about 7 weeks, I've clocked up 4,200 miles.

I do take care of my stuff, but will also drive it every day, rain, shine.

Unless you're storing a "one off, priceless ride", then why just let it sit?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why did you jump to a conclusion about the car being special. Special was used as an adjective for the order, not the car.

I almost always special order my cars, probably a few dozens by now. I've probably forgotten all the benefits because there are many.

• When I started buying cars, there might be over a hundred options. Virtually impossibly to find the EXACT combination you want. Even today with relatively few options, it can be virtually impossible. If it was ever built, it would have taken longer to find a Mustang like I ordered than it would take to build one. And the odds of finding it at a dealer you want to buy from is up there with the lottery.
This ↑↑↑ . The situation now may be more about getting all the things you do want with as few of the things you don't, and the less willing you are to accept unwanted features the less likely it'll be that you'll find your combination on any lot.

Say what? 800k?

The article says...

"The original price was $13,658.21 which would be close to $50,000 in today’s dollars"
Ummmm . . . "the market" means the various financial markets, not the new car market. The DJIA went from around 800 in 1978 to its current mid-17,000 range. The Dow may not be the best indicator of what was possible over that time, but even that went up about 22 to 1.

Norm
Sponsored