Sponsored

Why wont I drive my Mustang

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Nope. Error404, reading comprehension not found.
He's probably talking about this post Aaron:

I actually enjoy driving my Accord in my commute, much better then the Mustang. The Accord is far better car for all around comfort and ergonomics and wont wear my knee out hitting the clutch 10,000 times per commute. Its as enjoyable in a commute as my Mustang is out on the open back roads during fun time.
Don't care either way, just pointing it out. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Meh, do what you want with it, it's yours.

My Mustang is my weekend toy, no rain means a pristine toy to terrorize the populace (and countryside) with on the days off. Let my Jeep DD be dirty, they're supposed to be anyway.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Mine is my DD, although my job allows me to work from home almost all of the time; as a result, I'm not putting that many miles on it daily.

BUT, man, I look for any excuse to get behind the wheel to go ANYWHERE (grocery store, post office, etc.), especially if I can get on a local highway and open her up a bit.

I guess if you can afford to purchase a vehicle (Mustang, Porsche, whatever) and have it sit in the garage and only drive it to church, or what have you, and only in good weather, more power to you.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
At 16k after 1 year, I want to keep it stored more but every morning it wins out.
This is me.

"i'll go ahead and drive the truck the next couple days. looks like possible rain, and the truck could use some exercise"

**next morning

"well..it's not raining at the moment and it's over 50 degrees....i'll just take the truck TOMORROW"

/repeat

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
BUT, man, I look for any excuse to get behind the wheel to go ANYWHERE (grocery store, post office, etc.), especially if I can get on a local highway and open her up a bit.
My wife loves that she can get me to go on an errand in the GT for even the slightest reason. A couple days ago she wanted me to go get some soda but the mustang was in the shop and i'm like "nahhh...i dont feel like it"

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I will speculate that whether the car is a daily driver or weekend cruiser, all true Mustang lovers probably feel that to some degree, their car is "special".

We purchase vehicles for all kinds of reasons and purposes.

The Ford Mustang is different. It is an international automotive icon.

We choose to buy a Mustang for the way it makes us feel, whenever and where ever we drive it. Most of us probably feel very lucky.

The Mustang stirs up emotion in people of all ages. I receive stares, thumbs-up and comments from old ladies and little kids on a fairly regular basis.

Mustangs are just that cool.

A lot of people have a Mustang story or connection, either from personal ownership, or a family member or friend had one. I would bet the great majority of these accounts are verbalized with many smiles.

For me, I'm fortunate enough to have a daily driver. That was not the case in the 80's and 90's. The '86 and '93 were daily drivers.

Every time one of us gets behind the wheel, we celebrate the 50+ year heritage of the brand, and in doing so, we become part of the Mustang story and legacy.

I enjoy my Mustangs best when I have no where to go and all day to get there.

Enjoy your Mustang in whatever way makes you happy.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I don't drive my Mustang if it is raining, if there are sand storms, no safe place to park, if my wife insists on eating in the car; if I can go by bike; if I can take my wife's car; if I am too tired to take the cover off. 16 months and I have a new car smell

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
If you have a GT and drive it sparingly because you have a daily driver, that is one thing, but to let your GT sit in the garage because you are scared to get a scratch on it, or put miles on it, I have a question...WHY? You think your '15 GT will be some guys barn find one day? And to the guy who wanted to compare his garage queen to a driven GT five years from now, the driven GT will probably have been traded in on a new GT two years prior...so you want to compare your '15 or '16 to someone's new '20, be my guest.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
coming up on 22k miles on my 15 GTPP. Its a car. As long as I owe less than it's worth then I have peace of mind knowing I'm not completely in the hole.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mine is a 15 month old 2015. I have 9000. I only drove it 6000 the first year, have a 2001 Chevy pickup that I drive when weather sux. The mustang sees rain, but not very often.

Every vehicle has a purpose, the mustang is for fun and technology, the truck for slogging through the rain, commute, tree drippings, bird poop, Home Depot runs, etc.....

My commute is 27 miles, 1.5 hours each way.somethimes the cooled seats and Sirius xm is preferred.....

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
some people on here make me shake my head and wonder what happened to this country we are full of a bunch of freakin pussies afraid of dirty and rain and even a guy that thinks his little Honda is better to drive
Funny, most people find that the "problem" with the country is loud mouths that make absurdly ridiculous comments like this that have nothing to do with what was really said (reality)... all in the tone that there is actually something "wrong" with a country that without a doubt is stronger then it has ever been... yet they are such mindless zombies politicians (on both sides) can scare them into anything.

Its always the ones that talk like this that are the problem and its amazing that they cant see it lol.

Lets take look at this from a different angle, what kind of idiot buys a 435 hp car to put 90% of the miles on it sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours a day driving 5 mph getting crapped on by birds and splattered with dirt while getting 5 MPG?
Sponsored