Whipple dyno 900/730

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I dont really make what my sig says, I make what my dyno graph says (posted to this forum along with several other graphs along the way to getting there).

Ill probably head out there in spring if I still have the car.
Why wouldn't you have the car?
Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I got the # in my sig on a dynojet with a 5000lb roller. Most dynojets have a 3000lb roller.

I went through like 20 revisions with lund zeroing in on my tune. My timing is at 20 degrees; Lund thought it better not to go higher than that.

I have the Pypes headers; I think they are 1 7/8 down to 3" all the way back full 3" exhaust.

It may sound crazy; I don't care about top speed, but love the acceleration 0 to 100 surge. Thats the main reason I like making power, but trying to figure out how to stay safe while doing so. I think I took all steps to be as safe as possible motor wise.
I dont know if the rollers on the Dynojet I used are 3000 or 5000lb or what. But it is a 2002 model year Dynojet 248C with the big ass rollers. It is an inertia dyno not a brake dyno. I know for certain because i am the one who purchased this dyno brand new in 2002. I later sold it, and now I just rent it from the owner. I doubt they make any larger diameter rollers but maybe they make heavier ones that are more solid.

Im figuring I have a more aggressive tune... and who knows maybe my car is running more boost than I think, or maybe yours is running less. My boost was only ever checked once and I dont have any way of knowing if the sensor on that dyno is calibrated correctly or not.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Why wouldn't you have the car?
I probably will. I spent some weeks considering selling it for a GT-R. Which is not a car I like other than its advantages to putting down the power and getting a clean run on total street trim. For over 10 years I have been street driving cars that cant hook up until 3rd and 4th gear on the street and sometimes it gets old.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have boost hooked to my Ngauge so always monitoring. Def at 20psi. Going up to about 23 here soon.

I'm thinking your tune is more aggressive. Either way was just trying to understand how you made so much with so little boost. Just curious.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I probably will. I spent some weeks considering selling it for a GT-R. Which is not a car I like other than its advantages to putting down the power and getting a clean run on total street trim. For over 10 years I have been street driving cars that cant hook up until 3rd and 4th gear on the street and sometimes it gets old.
I know the feeling. Just gotta find the sweet spot. Sometimes less power on the street is more.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You guys are insane... lol. I had intentions of pushing the limits further with my whippled mustang, but just the stock stage 2, with the stock 235 Pirellis, and 3.75 pulley it went 134.69mph in the 1/4 and I was told if I went 135 I would need a full cage, NHRA license, etc... As it was they wouldn't let me run again.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are insane... lol. I had intentions of pushing the limits further with my whippled mustang, but just the stock stage 2, with the stock 235 Pirellis, and 3.75 pulley it went 134.69mph in the 1/4 and I was told if I went 135 I would need a full cage, NHRA license, etc... As it was they wouldn't let me run again.
I'm researching cages, and nhra license would be cool to have.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
All that power sounds great, but I think I would find it all but un-usable on the street...(I'm a 50+ guy with no interest in street racing). I have the FRPP 670 kit on my car and any stab of the pedal in 3rd or 4th gear and you're doing 100 in a blink....In fact, the 3rd gear pull of the car is worth the cost of FI admission, hands down. I can't imagine dealing with 800+ on the street, but I assume it addicting in its own right.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All that power sounds great, but I think I would find it all but un-usable on the street...(I'm a 50+ guy with no interest in street racing). I have the FRPP 670 kit on my car and any stab of the pedal in 3rd or 4th gear and you're doing 100 in a blink....In fact, the 3rd gear pull of the car is worth the cost of FI admission, hands down. I can't imagine dealing with 800+ on the street, but I assume it addicting in its own right.
I made 900 std, soon to be 1000. Beauty of manual is i dint have to stab gas let trans down shift and instant power. I can pick my gear and control the throttle. Pretty nice.

I agree im not too into street racing because many people in the street think weaving in and out of cars wins races. To me that's reckless. I just like solo romps getting on highway.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
and there are guys that cant imagine dealing with 800-900 cause its too slow for them.

Sponsored

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
This...

Awesome! Let me know! I'd love to watch!

Not many 140+mph stick shift S550s out there!
Hoping to make the same HP numbers that Phunk is making with my Whipple on E85 over the winter. Going to run as many Driver Mod classes next year at the localish tracks....Norwalk, Maple Grove, Beech Bend, National Trails....etc....

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I will say my car is no where near as violent as I had hoped it would be. It feels slow. Makes me sad.
I feel the same way about my Whipple car :cheers:

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will say my car is no where near as violent as I had hoped it would be. It feels slow. Makes me sad.
Sadly i feel the same lol. I think its cuz how polished they made this s550 chassis. My old 400hp ls1 camaro ss felt like a rocket when you stepped on it. This cars just totally smooth. Fast but smooth

dabster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Completely agree, and winter gets useless and I can't have any fun. It would be nice to have something I can beat the shit out of that's still quick/nice in street trim all day any day. Thought about selling my TVS 11 for the same thing in a little while
Sponsored