Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hey so I'm not the bad guy after all. ;)

As I've said many times over.....the bolts should be "through" bolted placing the shear on the shanks on high. Powered cars, especially stick shift applications. The threads of even an M14 Grade 12.9 bolt are not sufficient for these high power guys. Grade and shear mean little. Diameter and shear means alot.
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You may want to see if [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] has anything available for you.

At your level, I would only consider the Solid Billet Bushings, BK050.
Kelly, Could you hook me up with some solid hardware? I have the Steeda diff kit with the sub standard hardware. Am installing the half shafts in about 8 days. I do not need this sheared bolt issue in my life. Credit card is ready.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
So can we just get the diff bolt upgrade?
I can't see them on steeda or BMR's website .

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Hey Kelly, can this bolt upgrade be done with the IRS in the car still??? I just had the cradle out about month ago putting in the delrin cradle bushings and billet diff bushings.....didn't realize these were failing in some of the high HP cars.

Bob

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Can somone post pics on this? Im still not familiar on the names of each individual part so pictures help alot

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Can somone post pics on this? Im still not familiar on the names of each individual part so pictures help alot
These are the differential bushings. 2 different poly and a full aluminum set for different applications.
i-TCJC8ZZ-L.png

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Great results, doodguy! Congrats on the successful build.

Can I ask what compression ratio your pistons are?

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Thanks phunk, I kept stock compression ratio. You're making some great numbers as well! I know the dyno i was on was stingy, but your making some serious power with only 13psi. I only made 75 more with 7psi more boost. Any idea why such a difference?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thanks phunk, I kept stock compression ratio. You're making some great numbers as well! I know the dyno i was on was stingy, but your making some serious power with only 13psi. I only made 75 more with 7psi more boost. Any idea why such a difference?
Don't worry about dyno #s. Too many variables.

If you see someone making more than double their NA power ona supercharged application with significantly less than 1 bar (14.7psi) there is s good chance that there are other variables at play. Dyno, correction, boost reading etc.

Keep it up!

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Don't worry about dyno #s. Too many variables.

If you see someone making more than double their NA power ona supercharged application with significantly less than 1 bar (14.7psi) there is s good chance that there are other variables at play. Dyno, correction, boost reading etc.

Keep it up!
Same dyno type and same correction. Dynojet STD. It is possible that my boost reading isnt accurate but what I dont know if anyone else using the 3.5" pulley with stock damper are reporting any higher boost than I am? Would a '15 with big headers, exhaust, e85, and a tune not make more than 407rwhp Dynojet STD?

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
How many tunes have you gone through? I cant remember my timing numbers but they were higher than 20 degrees.

I didnt tune my car, Lund did... but on my Z when I tuned it myself I was noticing that I was getting around 20-25hp per degree of timing... that was a smaller engine with same compression ratio similar boost numbers... so I assume our Mustang engines are going to react to timing just as sensitively.

What size are you headers? Any restriction to the engines airflow will raise the boost number on an SC car given the same blower/pulley configuration.

Either way I am not sure I would worry about it. I was under the impression that this blower will run out somewhere between 950-1000 (i dont remember why I thought that, and I could be totally wrong), if thats the case, i think you are on target to taking what its worth regardless of the actual boost number.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Same dyno and same correction factor :)
Yes, but there are still variables.

If you really make what your sig says, the car will trap 143mph at BMP.

When you going? I'd like to join. :cheers:

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
How many tunes have you gone through? I cant remember my timing numbers but they were higher than 20 degrees.

I didnt tune my car, Lund did... but on my Z when I tuned it myself I was noticing that I was getting around 20-25hp per degree of timing... that was a smaller engine with same compression ratio similar boost numbers... so I assume our Mustang engines are going to react to timing just as sensitively.

What size are you headers? Any restriction to the engines airflow will raise the boost number on an SC car given the same blower/pulley configuration.

Either way I am not sure I would worry about it. I was under the impression that this blower will run out somewhere between 950-1000 (i dont remember why I thought that, and I could be totally wrong), if thats the case, i think you are on target to taking what its worth regardless of the actual boost number.
I got the # in my sig on a dynojet with a 5000lb roller. Most dynojets have a 3000lb roller.

I went through like 20 revisions with lund zeroing in on my tune. My timing is at 20 degrees; Lund thought it better not to go higher than that.

I have the Pypes headers; I think they are 1 7/8 down to 3" all the way back full 3" exhaust.

It may sound crazy; I don't care about top speed, but love the acceleration 0 to 100 surge. Thats the main reason I like making power, but trying to figure out how to stay safe while doing so. I think I took all steps to be as safe as possible motor wise.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Yes, but there are still variables.

If you really make what your sig says, the car will trap 143mph at BMP.

When you going? I'd like to join. :cheers:
I dont really make what my sig says, I make what my dyno graph says (posted to this forum along with several other graphs along the way to getting there).

Regarding your previous post, my car is not making double my NA power with significant less boost than 1 bar. Its making just under twice the NA power, with just under 1 bar. But again, boost was only ever measured one time and it is possible that it was inaccurate. It was logged by the dyno sensor, i dont have a gauge. I have stock damper with 3.5" blower pulley.

Ill probably head out there in spring if I still have the car.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Let me know! I'd love to watch!

Not many 140+mph stick shift S550s out there!
Sponsored