Sponsored

Which oil ?.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hi All
Ford said the 2020 Bullitt requires 5w20 oil but I’ve been reading that many people are going with 5w30 especially in warmer climates.
they say the engine runs smoother?.

I say this because my vvt solenoids will rattle a little when accelerating and decelerating like a buzzing sound. It’s only intermittent and I’m sure it’s got something to do with the oil pressure that vvt needs a lot off.

no error codes by the way and the car runs ok.

thanks
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
There's much confusion over oil grades, US spec is slightly different to European so I go with what the Ford dealer recommends, the old school car dealer in me tells me a thicker oil will protect your engine better at higher temps but then will it get around the engine quickly enough on initial start up? I forget which grade I use but I'll check when I'm next at my unit.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Hi All
Ford said the 2020 Bullitt requires 5w20 oil but I’ve been reading that many people are going with 5w30 especially in warmer climates.

I say this because my vvt solenoids will rattle a little when accelerating and decelerating like a buzzing sound. It’s only intermittent and I’m sure it’s got something to do with the oil pressure that vvt needs a lot off.

thanks
Not sure what your availability is to these products in Spain, but go with an Oil that meets the A3/B4 spec.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/5265004985

https://www.amazon.com/MOTUL-X-CESS...qid=1715009633&sprefix=A3/B4+,aps,125&sr=8-24

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/0w...fFH2Qcq0mTc-UpwaczqqSFVUf05C1ke8aAhTSEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550...2d9SpFZJM7SvAZagVD89ApARWbUaAuk3EALw_wcB&th=1

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for sending this…
I’m thinking to go with Castrol edge 5w30 for the summer ?.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I guess for what it’s worth here in the States, Ford changed the spec sometime in 2021 to 5W30 from 5W20. Not sure if the same occurred for the Euro models.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Yes switch to 5w30. Ford even switched to recommending 5w30 for the later model years.

Ford partners like Roush and Whipple recommend 5w50 when you supercharge because of how much hotter and harder the engine will run.

Don't worry about startups, that's what the "5w" is for. It's the viscosity rating at cold temps.

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Yes switch to 5w30. Ford even switched to recommending 5w30 for the later model years.

Ford partners like Roush and Whipple recommend 5w50 when you supercharge because of how much hotter and harder the engine will run.

Don't worry about startups, that's what the "5w" is for. It's the viscosity rating at cold temps.
Many thanks
Engine just seems more “clanky” sounding with the 5w20 and hot weather and I’m sure the VVT solenoids are not enjoying the thinner oil ?.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
5w30 or 5w40 or 5w50 going up in weight depending on temp and service severity. Track use is 5w50. Severe service I.e. routine flogging or extended idling/traffic driving 5w40 probably better. All others 5w30.

This is based on my 10 years of experience with ford engines and how recommendations have changed for the coyote over the years and what they are for other countries/option packs.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Hi All

thanks
I have run Amsoil 5w30 since new.

Sponsored

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
Hi All

thanks
It depends on what region of Spain you live and what kind of use of your car.
In warmer climates like Australia, for instance, the manual says 5w30.
Also, 5w20 is related to slightly more fuel efficency; on the other hand, 5w30 will provide more engine protection.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anyone thrown Ceratec into their engines ?.
Lots of people. There's a big thread on it.

I switched to 5w30 personally because Ford switched too for the newer cars. But for what it's worth, for normal street driving you won't see any real difference between 5w20 and 5w30. I had an oil analysis done after 5k miles of 5w20 and it came back great.