Whats your history with Mustangs?

baseballrules46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've had two previous Mustangs, a 2003 GT Premium Auto Dark Shadow Gray and a 2008 GT Premium Auto Alloy. Anxiously awaiting a 2016 GT Premium Auto Ingot Silver.
Sponsored

millerd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I've had somthing of Mustang fever and it started with my 1st car.
1. 93 Mustang GT white
2. 97 Mustang Vert v6 green
3. 99 Mustang v6 orange
4. 04 Mustang GT silver
5. 07 Mustang GT red
6. 14 Mustang GT white
7. 14 Mustang GT Vert black
8. 15 Mustang GT PP magnetic

I have had several cars between some of those too. But I always come home to a Mustang.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
77 Mustang II
05 GT
15 GT

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
First ever american car and first ever mustang

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
In 73 drove my brother in laws 66 Red Mustang convertible. 6 cylinder with automatic, had a blast.

1980 bought a brand new Stang. I hate to say it, but it was the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned.

2014 went to the auto show and was floored with the styling of the S550. Went to a family bbq and jokingly said to my 83 year old Mom, " Hey Ma, when I was kid, you never sent me to camp. I think with 50+ years of interest, you should buy me a new Mustang.
7 months later my Mom invited me over for dinner and my silver Ecoboost was parked in the garage
I am 60 years old and my Mommy bought me a Mustang. How cool is that:headbang:

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Absolutely no history... I saw the new Mustangs on the internet and had to have one so I bought this car for my wife and gave my daughter our Camry...1st Mustang I/we ever owned....We love this car and couldnt be happier...Me personally I've owned PU trucks and Harleys since the early 80s....

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Here's mine

1st 1998 Silver GT, got it used with 97,000 miles on it, but it was so clean you could eat off any part of it. Paid $8700.00 in 2008.

2nd 2004 GT 40th Anniversary, Redfire, Bullitt Wheels. Only 6000 miles when we purchased it in 2011. Would still have it but got offered stupid money on it from a collector. We paid $14900.

3rd 2015 GT Ruby Red Base, so far loving it. Paid $32800.

Tristar / Chris

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
I had never even been in a Mustang before I test drove a 2015 GT. My history with them has just started. :D

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Only a couple of Mustangs, but Fast Fords is the theme:
91 Ranger
93 Probe GT
93 5.0 LX Notchback
93 Lightning
99 F-150 4x4
01 Lightning
03 Lightning
05 F-250 HD
07 F-150 Saleen
10 Raptor
12 Raptor
11 GT/CS

Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
When I was a senior in high school a friend of mine that already graduated got a brand new Bright Regatta Blue '89 LX Hatchback 5.0L. I loved that car. In '93 I got my first Mustang, a black '91 GT. A guy ran a red light and t-boned me, totaling that car. I replaced it with a '90 GT. I got out of Mustangs for a bit but then got back in with a black '99 Saleen in '02. I sold that car in '04 and now have my '15 GT.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I tried to buy my first Mustang in '82. A white GT was calling my name. The wife (at the time) wouldn't have it. We ended up with an '83 Buick Skyhawk T-Type. This was not a good decision.

In '85 I wanted a new '85 GT. But that same wife was still not having it. Too ugly, too much insurance. So I got an '85 Camaro V6. Another bad decision.

In '88, I was feeling bold and ordered an '89 LX 5.0 Sport in white with grey interior. She was pissed. Still too ugly for her, but we owned it. She never really got over it. I kept it 7-1/2 years. Modified the heck out of it and had quite the street car by the end.

In '96 I'd about worn out the '89, and convinced her we should get a 'black '94 Cobra in lieu of a new '96 Cobra. She thought that was a good deal, and the '94 wasn't so ugly.

In '97 I started a new job that included a leased car, so the Cobra went away. In '99 the lease was up and I negotiated a car allowance and bought a well-used '89 GT 'vert. Did I mention she hated '89s?

Sold that one in '00, bought another '89 GT hatch and kept it until '02 when some stock sold and I had funds to buy a '99 Cobra 'vert. Nice car. Very red.

In '04 my older (car loving) son turned 16, and I decided it was not wise to have a '99 Cobra as his only source of transportation so we traded it for an '04 Infiniti G35. He was crushed. My wife immediately absconded with the Infiniti and I was left driving an '02 Mountaineer, wondering what the hell happened to my new car. And two years later, that kid bought his own Mustang, a '94 GT. And I bought yet another Fox, this one an '88 GT hatch as a toy car. We did a lot of work on both the '88 and the '94 in our garage, much to the chagrin of that wife, who would come into the garage, sigh loudly, then go back into the house. Boys!

In '08 that wife was put out of the picture but ended up with the Infiniti. I sold the now-aging Mountaineer for a screaming deal on a used '09 GTI (2 months old, $2k miles, $6K off list.) Kept that for a couple of years then to please the new wife bought a like-new '07 MKZ. Thought I would hate it. Didn't. Nice car. Drove it 110K miles in five years.

In fall of '13, started seeing rumors of a new Mustang. When the real pictures came out in December, decided I wanted one and got the full backing of new wife. She was the one who told me to just order what I wanted and not get the EB I thought I needed to get. I placed the order in July, sold the '88 GT in August, and sold the MKZ as well. And in November, I took delivery of my 15 GT.

And now, it appears I am going to buy the '94 GT from the kid. His garage is overflowing, his wallet is empty, his new bride is not really an enthusiast, and neither of us want to let go of that car in which we both have invested so much time, money and energy in projects together. So it will come to my garage, with the blessing of my wife, who is the best, and we will have more projects and more time with the old GT.

Quite a lot of history, I must say. And more to come.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
2003 GT

2011 v6

2011 GT

2014 V6, wondor how these rims look on the 15?

//s17.photobucket.com/user/MustangGT17/media/IMG_1299.jpg.html]
[/URL]

2015 GT

Just because I came across it, from 2005

and I have one signed by Jack and Matt'

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I tried to buy my first Mustang in '82. A white GT was calling my name. The wife (at the time) wouldn't have it. We ended up with an '83 Buick Skyhawk T-Type. This was not a good decision.

In '85 I wanted a new '85 GT. But that same wife was still not having it. Too ugly, too much insurance. So I got an '85 Camaro V6. Another bad decision.

In '88, I was feeling bold and ordered an '89 LX 5.0 Sport in white with grey interior. She was pissed. Still too ugly for her, but we owned it. She never really got over it. I kept it 7-1/2 years. Modified the heck out of it and had quite the street car by the end.

In '96 I'd about worn out the '89, and convinced her we should get a 'black '94 Cobra in lieu of a new '96 Cobra. She thought that was a good deal, and the '94 wasn't so ugly.

In '97 I started a new job that included a leased car, so the Cobra went away. In '99 the lease was up and I negotiated a car allowance and bought a well-used '89 GT 'vert. Did I mention she hated '89s?

Sold that one in '00, bought another '89 GT hatch and kept it until '02 when some stock sold and I had funds to buy a '99 Cobra 'vert. Nice car. Very red.

In '04 my older (car loving) son turned 16, and I decided it was not wise to have a '99 Cobra as his only source of transportation so we traded it for an '04 Infiniti G35. He was crushed. My wife immediately absconded with the Infiniti and I was left driving an '02 Mountaineer, wondering what the hell happened to my new car. And two years later, that kid bought his own Mustang, a '94 GT. And I bought yet another Fox, this one an '88 GT hatch as a toy car. We did a lot of work on both the '88 and the '94 in our garage, much to the chagrin of that wife, who would come into the garage, sigh loudly, then go back into the house. Boys!

In '08 that wife was put out of the picture but ended up with the Infiniti. I sold the now-aging Mountaineer for a screaming deal on a used '09 GTI (2 months old, $2k miles, $6K off list.) Kept that for a couple of years then to please the new wife bought a like-new '07 MKZ. Thought I would hate it. Didn't. Nice car. Drove it 110K miles in five years.

In fall of '13, started seeing rumors of a new Mustang. When the real pictures came out in December, decided I wanted one and got the full backing of new wife. She was the one who told me to just order what I wanted and not get the EB I thought I needed to get. I placed the order in July, sold the '88 GT in August, and sold the MKZ as well. And in November, I took delivery of my 15 GT.

And now, it appears I am going to buy the '94 GT from the kid. His garage is overflowing, his wallet is empty, his new bride is not really an enthusiast, and neither of us want to let go of that car in which we both have invested so much time, money and energy in projects together. So it will come to my garage, with the blessing of my wife, who is the best, and we will have more projects and more time with the old GT.

Quite a lot of history, I must say. And more to come.
so you need to find a low mile 89 and ask her out for a ride:cheers::headbang::lol:
Sponsored