Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
I just checked my S550, and nothing lights up when you lock the car. Maybe there is a setting in the menus to turn it on/off. However, everything lights up when I unlock it.
...even if you DOUBLE tap the lock button?

edit: ... ah... but iirc, if you lock it from the door handle, nothing happens... if you lock it from the remote, then things light up. (and the double tap, i think, adds a honk.)
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
got some crazy anal OCD guys in here. all i do is touch the ridged part and "feel" it lock and walk away. i'm a pretty OCD guy myself and i dont have an issue with it.

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
got some crazy anal OCD guys in here. all i do is touch the ridged part and "feel" it lock and walk away. i'm a pretty OCD guy myself and i dont have an issue with it.
Oh I do the same ... I just assume it works the way it's supposed to. Was just trying to help out the folks that wanted to know ...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
...even if you DOUBLE tap the lock button?

edit: ... ah... but iirc, if you lock it from the door handle, nothing happens... if you lock it from the remote, then things light up. (and the double tap, i think, adds a honk.)
I was using the FOB to lock/unlock. Absolutely nothing lights up during locking with one or two lock button pushes of the FOB.

If I hit the lock button on the FOB twice, the horn goes "beep, beep" ... but again, nothing lights up. During the unlock, there are plenty of flashing lights. Probably helps people find their car in the dark when approaching and unlocking.

I haven't looked in the setup menus yet ... maybe you can set it up to light up on locking too.

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Or I may have been thinking of the unlock... Maybe it DOESN'T flash the lights when locking.

Sponsored

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
The side view mirror lights do light up when I lock my car with the fob and with the ridges on the handle. I tested it earlier tonight when I installed my fourth brake light.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The side view mirror lights do light up when I lock my car with the fob and with the ridges on the handle. I tested it earlier tonight when I installed my fourth brake light.
There must be a setting, because nothing lights up on mine when I lock it with the FOB. Only thing I get is a double honk of the horn if the FOB lock button is hit twice withing a second or two.

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
OK, damnit!... so i went out to the garage and checked... my lights flash when i lock it. With the "button" on the handle, AND ALSO with one press on the fob. (a second press on the fob gives a honk.)

So... unless it's a model-specific feature, there must be a setting to enable/disable it. (I don't feel like looking through the menus, I just wanted to verify how mine is working.)
As well, mine's a Premium GT 401A w/ PP, though I doubt it's model-specific.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I was using the FOB to lock/unlock. Absolutely nothing lights up during locking with one or two lock button pushes of the FOB.

If I hit the lock button on the FOB twice, the horn goes "beep, beep" ... but again, nothing lights up. During the unlock, there are plenty of flashing lights. Probably helps people find their car in the dark when approaching and unlocking.

I haven't looked in the setup menus yet ... maybe you can set it up to light up on locking too.
When locking, the horn should sound only once with the second push of the fob button. If it sounds twice, you have something open, ie door, trunk, etc.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I think the side mirror turn signals are a premium feature. My V6 does not have this. Wish it did, but it has so much I'm not missing it too much.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When locking, the horn should sound only once with the second push of the fob button. If it sounds twice, you have something open, ie door, trunk, etc.
Haha ... you are correct. I have the hood popped (but down) because I have the battery on a Battery Tender. Maybe that's why my lights don't flash when I lock it with the FOB. I'll close the hood all the way and test it again.

Cut & paste from the Owner's Manual:

"Locking the Doors
Press the button to lock all the
doors. The direction indicators
flash. Press the button again within three
seconds to confirm that all the doors are
closed. The doors lock again, the horn
sounds and the direction indicators flash
if all the doors and the luggage
compartment are closed."

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Haha ... you are correct. I have the hood popped (but down) because I have the battery on a Battery Tender. Maybe that's why my lights don't flash when I lock it with the FOB. I'll close the hood all the way and test it again.

Cut & paste from the Owner's Manual:

"Locking the Doors
Press the button to lock all the
doors. The direction indicators
flash. Press the button again within three
seconds to confirm that all the doors are
closed. The doors lock again, the horn
sounds and the direction indicators flash
if all the doors and the luggage
compartment are closed."
This is correct, I always press lock on the FOB twice to confirm that all my doors, trunk, hood, etc are definitely closed.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
My Mustang has turn signals on the mirrors. They flash when you lock/unlock the car. As a habit I always hit my lock button on the fob twice and listen for the horn to beep to know I'm locked. I have the enhanced security package and I think that also activates the alarm.
The alarm is armed with the first press of the lock button or with a touch on the door panel. From the manual:

Arming the Alarm
The alarm is ready to arm when there is not a key in your vehicle. Electronically lock your vehicle to arm the alarm.

So basically anything other than using the physical key in the door will arm the alarm.

If you want to test it, leave the window open. Try a locking technique, wait 30 seconds for all of the alarm sensors to arm, and then reach in and open the door. If the horn and lights go nuts, the alarm was armed.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to test it, leave the window open. Try a locking technique, wait 30 seconds for all of the alarm sensors to arm, and then reach in and open the door. If the horn and lights go nuts, the alarm was armed.
That test only works if you have the "Enhanced Security System" option.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A persistent vibration from the drivetrain when the vehicle cruises at 55-65mph.

Even Ford doesn't know about it....
Sponsored