Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is that's what it's for? Mine don't stay lit. They're off now, and it's locked. They should flash every few secs like an alarm warning.
The red LEDs on top of the door panels will stay on solid for 5 or so minutes after the door is locked, then go out completely. It would be nice if they did flash all the time, but they don't.
Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I some how found a switch that cycles through the MyColor options of the gauges. I hit something when I was driving and my instrument panel turned red. I must have turned it off by mistake real quick because it changed back to my default color. It has been driving me crazy because I can't find the MyColor button. The manual doesn't say anything about it that I can find. Have you guys seen it? :frusty: hahahahahahaha!
It is in the menu of your apps(center of drivers dash), I want to say it is the last one but not sure.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The red LEDs on top of the door panels will stay on solid for 5 or so minutes after the door is locked, then go out completely. It would be nice if they did flash all the time, but they don't.
I whined about this before. The LED is nice, and functional. But it is dim, and it times out. I can imagine the battery draw is negligible, so why not keep it on?

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Every recent car I had has some kind of flashing LED. Surprised this doesn't. I'm thinking of getting a scanner LED for nostalgia sake, but not sure how to wire it.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I some how found a switch that cycles through the MyColor options of the gauges. I hit something when I was driving and my instrument panel turned red. I must have turned it off by mistake real quick because it changed back to my default color. It has been driving me crazy because I can't find the MyColor button. The manual doesn't say anything about it that I can find. Have you guys seen it? :frusty: hahahahahahaha!
That is the self destruct indicator... keep it red for too long and "BOOM!" :thumbsup:

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
I think you hit the rev limiter. If you rev to 7800 RPM your instrument gage turns red.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I think you hit the rev limiter. If you rev to 7800 RPM your instrument gage turns red.
My take was that PA-fatboy's post was sarcasm, but I could have read it wrong... :ninja:

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
THERE ARE HVAC VENTS ON TOP OF OUR DOORS NEAR THE SIDE VIEW MIRRORS!!!

Oh my god, I just found out when I had my arm resting on the door and felt my hand get hot!
Some have them on the dash angled to the side windows, some do it like this. I've seen it before.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
THERE ARE HVAC VENTS ON TOP OF OUR DOORS NEAR THE SIDE VIEW MIRRORS!!!

Oh my god, I just found out when I had my arm resting on the door and felt my hand get hot!
I use those to keep my hand warm when driving top down on a cold day (right hand on the wheel, left arm on the door)... works great!

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
And the irony is that you can't check if your car is locked by pulling on the handle. That just opens the door! :doh:
My Focus ST and Explorer have turn signals in the side mirrors. I always watch for those to flash when I lock the car to be sure its locked. I will miss that when I get the Mustang.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
My Mustang has turn signals on the mirrors. They flash when you lock/unlock the car. As a habit I always hit my lock button on the fob twice and listen for the horn to beep to know I'm locked. I have the enhanced security package and I think that also activates the alarm.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My Mustang has turn signals on the mirrors.
I just checked my S550, and nothing lights up when you lock the car. Maybe there is a setting in the menus to turn it on/off. However, everything lights up when I unlock it.
Sponsored