Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

umdkevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium
That when you're on cruise control and push the clutch in, cruise stays on and automatically resumes when you let it out. Other cars I've had all just shut it down.
Wait what !!!! It does that? Does that work with the ACC feature like if you down shift?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wait what !!!! It does that? Does that work with the ACC feature like if you down shift?
Owners say it does NOT do that, so I tracked one down to test drive and it did NOT automatically resume after shifting. I know its technically and legally possible because my Cadillac cruise automatically re-engages when I shift as soon as I let the clutch out.

I am going to look into a way to automate the re-engaging after my car gets here. If all commands go over the CAN bus, it might be possible to issue a resume command when the clutch pedal is released. The trickiest part may be limiting that to only when cruise had been disengaged within so many seconds.

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
My Premium GT pp does NOT behave that way. The cruise shuts OFF when you touch the clutch and must be re-engaged with the button.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
The other thing I forgot to mention about the touch unlock.... If your passenger is touching the door handle on the other side, that can prevent it from unlocking when you touch the driver's door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
The other thing I forgot to mention about the touch unlock.... If your passenger is touching the door handle on the other side, that can prevent it from unlocking when you touch the driver's door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just like old times, LOL! Unlock it! I did! Let me do it again.. It's still locked! Quit pulling on the damn handle! :frusty:

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Just like old times, LOL! Unlock it! I did! Let me do it again.. It's still locked! Quit pulling on the damn handle! :frusty:
Lol!!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
guys... the ridged part is only for locking, the unlock is on the inside of the handle. I hardly ever lock with the touch because i want to be sure its locked (My pistol and other goodies are in there) id rather lock with the fob and hear the horn honk. to unlock you just open the door like normal.
And the irony is that you can't check if your car is locked by pulling on the handle. That just opens the door! :doh:

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Guess the only option is to visually inspect the red "lock" LED on the inside of the door (and trust that it is telling you the truth!), but as you point out, you sure can't pull on the handle to verify it!

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
And the irony is that you can't check if your car is locked by pulling on the handle. That just opens the door! :doh:
You can if you squeeze the top and bottom edges of the door handle for grip to avoid the sensor. It's a pain in the ass, but will give you peace of mind that it's actually locked.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You can if you squeeze the top and bottom edges of the door handle for grip to avoid the sensor. It's a pain in the ass, but will give you peace of mind that it's actually locked.
Have the GF check the doors after you walk 20 feet away with the FOB. :D

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
But that lets the GF touch the car. Long nails and jewelry cause scratches

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
I was thinking: why would she give him her key fob and let him walk away. ;)

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Guess the only option is to visually inspect the red "lock" LED on the inside of the door (and trust that it is telling you the truth!), but as you point out, you sure can't pull on the handle to verify it!
Is that's what it's for? Mine don't stay lit. They're off now, and it's locked. They should flash every few secs like an alarm warning.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I some how found a switch that cycles through the MyColor options of the gauges. I hit something when I was driving and my instrument panel turned red. I must have turned it off by mistake real quick because it changed back to my default color. It has been driving me crazy because I can't find the MyColor button. The manual doesn't say anything about it that I can find. Have you guys seen it? :frusty: hahahahahahaha!
Sponsored